The italian Pelle flag from Holland

pappalotti

Hi There!

We flew in from Holland to see a game of our hero Graziano pelle and to see the both Koemans.

We never could have dreamed watch happened to us last saturday!

Wat a game! 8-0 , historic match for the saints....

We sit at the first row in blok 35, near to the singing supporters of the saints, wat a atmosphere!Perhaps you saw us.

We sat there in our Feyenoord shirts (the same as your shirt in 1895!) and showed our big italian Pelle Flag. (we always took it with us in the Feyenoord stadium, Pelle knows it)

before and after the game we met some great guys from Saints Disabled Supporters Association (SDSA), i spoke to them in front of the game. great initiative. They arranged a place for a disabled supporter from Holland.

But what happened afterwards was amazing for us.

Pelle took notice of our flag and shirts and invited us in the dressing room. WOW! we were waiting in front of the stadium with our friends of SDSA. off course we took along Adriaan in his wheelchair , wat a chance for him too.

You all can see wat happened in the video footage of the match day. Three kisses for my daughter and a nice conversation. UNBELIEVABLE Really nice and normal guy Pelle , but we knew that .

What a big family is the staff players and management at the saints. Glad we could join this family feeling inside.

I also spoke to many southampton supporters during and after the game: thanx for pelle and Koeman they said. I replied, we are here to take them back :) No chance.....

Great thanx to Graziano! He read our Facebook message that we were coming to Southampton he said. thanx to SDSA , support them! thanx to the staff of Southampton, thanx especially Keith! thanx to the cameraman also. And not to forget are funny doorman at the reception. " I will get Pelle out of the shower love!" He took us in!

It was really unforgettable

and now we are back in Holland but are hot news here! Local and national newspaper paid attention to us with the video and photo's. We were in the Daily Echo, on the website of the saints. Twitter and Facebook.

Pelle our friend retweeted and face booked us again.

really really great!

Ronald Koeman said we have to come back, gives us luck! I will, first save some money :)

great to be there you all.

I.m sure we will be back again.

The saints are in our hearts!

We march on!

Very pleased to see you at the game and especially pleased to see you were treated so well by the club and players. Of course you will be very welcome next time you come back. Hope it's very soon as we all realise the team raised their game on Saturday as they knew you had made a great effort and expense to be with us. ;)

yes that was me and my daughter... she had the time of her live, she's still flying.

it was great for me too :) WOW

Just seen your post on the other thread, and I left a cheeky message.

Must be strange coming from Feyenoord. Your crowds are half as big again as ours and I am sure the atmosphere is more lively. But good game to choose to come to Saints! :) I will say that from about 5-0 it was all a bit strange - a sort of party atmosphere where you just knew more goals were coming and that it was going to be a day that you weren't likely to see again (re score wise).

I would still love to have some tie up with Feyernoord and/or their ilk. They have to compete with the "elite" clubs of PSV and Ajax, and we have ours as well. They've won plenty domestically, the European Cup and the UEFA Cup twice - albeit not for a while. We have the financial muscle from the TV deal. I am sure that we could benefit each other somehow.

Hi There!

We flew in from Holland to see a game of our hero Graziano pelle and to see the both Koemans.

We never could have dreamed watch happened to us last saturday!

Wat a game! 8-0 , historic match for the saints....

We sit at the first row in blok 35, near to the singing supporters of the saints, wat a atmosphere!Perhaps you saw us.

We sat there in our Feyenoord shirts (the same as your shirt in 1895!) and showed our big italian Pelle Flag. (we always took it with us in the Feyenoord stadium, Pelle knows it)

before and after the game we met some great guys from Saints Disabled Supporters Association (SDSA), i spoke to them in front of the game. great initiative. They arranged a place for a disabled supporter from Holland.

But what happened afterwards was amazing for us.

Pelle took notice of our flag and shirts and invited us in the dressing room. WOW! we were waiting in front of the stadium with our friends of SDSA. off course we took along Adriaan in his wheelchair , wat a chance for him too.

You all can see wat happened in the video footage of the match day. Three kisses for my daughter and a nice conversation. UNBELIEVABLE Really nice and normal guy Pelle , but we knew that .

What a big family is the staff players and management at the saints. Glad we could join this family feeling inside.

I also spoke to many southampton supporters during and after the game: thanx for pelle and Koeman they said. I replied, we are here to take them back :) No chance.....

Great thanx to Graziano! He read our Facebook message that we were coming to Southampton he said. thanx to SDSA , support them! thanx to the staff of Southampton, thanx especially Keith! thanx to the cameraman also. And not to forget are funny doorman at the reception. " I will get Pelle out of the shower love!" He took us in!

It was really unforgettable

and now we are back in Holland but are hot news here! Local and national newspaper paid attention to us with the video and photo's. We were in the Daily Echo, on the website of the saints. Twitter and Facebook.

really really great!

Ronald Koeman said we have to come back, gives us luck! I will, first save some money :)

great to be there you all.

I.m sure we will be back again.

The saints are in our hearts!

We march on!

Let us all know when you are coming again as I will definitely get a ticket for that game. I reckon if we get to Wembley this year we should all have a whip around on the forum to get you there!

Very pleased you had such a great day makes me proud of our club again.

Until next time............................

Well done to you all and yes we have been watching you on the Saints OS in the dressing room in "Match Day Uncoverered". Hope you had a really great day. True fans of football for sure so please coma again and tell everyone in Holland "Saints are here to stay".

Maybe , we will come to Rotterdam soon to watch Feyenord

Great story and what a nice touch from the club.

I have a lot of time for Feyenord and the fans ever since we played there in a friendly many years ago (2001) and occasionally wear the Feyenord shirt I bought on that trip to home games - maybe I'll hang around reception and blag my way into the dressing room next time!!!

Was looking forward to your post about the 8-0 and then saw you and your daughter on the youtube video. Made up for you, what a great day. I met Rickie Lambert last year and reminds me of that. It is a great feeling to meet your heros.

Top stuff, pleased you enjoyed the visit and it sounds like the club looked after you well.

I saw a group of Dutch lads outside the Itchen stand as well, think it was Koeman's son and his friends. A taxi driver I spoke to mentioned he picked up some people going to the match at Southampton airport who had come in on the direct flight from Amsterdam, sounds like we could be a popular English club to visit for Dutch fans wanting to come across for a match now with Koeman connection.

I went to Feyenoord pre season in 2001, excellent trip despite the 1-0 defeat, great stadium and atmosphere.

really really great!

While I am sure it won't make any sense at all (even with Google Translate), do you have any links to your local/national news? Would be interesting to see.

Interesting that they lost Pelle and both Koemans and still wish them well and follow them, perhaps that explains why Koeman was not pleased when we abused Poch. I'm always hoping L'pool lose now, and I used to like them but these Feyenord guys are becoming Saints fans, very strange

Interesting that they lost Pelle and both Koemans and still wish them well and follow them, perhaps that explains why Koeman was not pleased when we abused Poch. I'm always hoping L'pool lose now, and I used to like them but these Feyenord guys are becoming Saints fans, very strange

Aside from the possible differences in personalities, the Koemans did finish out their contracts and did not put off telling the team whether they were going to sign a new contract. And Pelle moved on after two great years as he needed to do if he wanted to play for his country. And the team made a lot of money, by their standards selling him.

Not really strange at all. Have you seen any quotes from Pelle/Koeman comparable to those from Lovren and Lallana? Did Koeman string Feyenoord along?

Different country, If Poch had gone to PSG or some club abroad we wouldn't hate him

Not really strange at all. Have you seen any quotes from Pelle/Koeman comparable to those from Lovren and Lallana? Did Koeman string Feyenoord along?

Exactly, big difference between seeing out your three year contract in full and breaking your contract after lying about your plans.

Its great that fans from abroad are visiting us. If we leave a little impression on them and they regard us in the future with some fondness (I was searching for a more manly word than that, but it'll do) then thats brilliant. The more the merrier.

I have done a few trips abroad to waytch football with mates and they are great week ends so I sure they enjoyed themselves.

I will be doing Feyenoord in the spring.