Koeman pundit on sky sports 5

The Hoff

Interesting and sensible views about how a number of talented Dutch players left the Netherlands too young to play for big teams. He mentioned a few players, such as Van Aarnholt, who moved to Chelsea for example and their development suffered.

Interesting that he feels players need to develop their 'personality' before a move to the big European clubs (he was 26 when he signed for Barca) and they do this by playing week in, week out.

He didn't make any reference to our high profile summer exits but I did think that his point about Dutch players could be easily said to be the same for Shaw (especially) & Chambers.

I hope thay they do live up to their potential and don't have regrets.

Similarly, it kind of ties in with Koeman's recent comments praising Bertrand, higlighting the fact that he has gained invaluable experience from playing for Chelsea and living with the expectations of having to perform every game.

Interesting and sensible views about how a number of talented Dutch players left the Netherlands too young to play for big teams. He mentioned a few players, such as Van Aarnholt, who moved to Chelsea for example and their development suffered.

Interesting that he feels players need to develop their 'personality' before a move to the big European clubs (he was 26 when he signed for Barca) and they do this by playing week in, week out.

He didn't make any reference to our high profile summer exits but I did think that his point about Dutch players could be easily said to be the same for Shaw (especially) & Chambers.

I hope thay they do live up to their potential and don't have regrets.

Similarly, it kind of ties in with Koeman's recent comments praising Bertrand, higlighting the fact that he has gained invaluable experience from playing for Chelsea and living with the expectations of having to perform every game.

I do wonder with Chambers. Things have been pretty good for him so far, but their fans really turned on Ramsey when he was going through a rough patch. He's a very talented player but there is a lot less margin for error at that football club and we are generally quite forgiving with our academy players if they struggle.

Ronald Koeman is a man worth listening too, a breath of fresh air in the dank, dark corridors of the Premier League. Long may he tell it as he sees it without rancour or negativity.

"To be honest I am still a little bit on shock... 8-0 is not a normal premier league score" Truly refreshing. Wenger, Mourinho, van Gaal, and all you other moaners please take note and follow our leader!

I do wonder with Chambers. Things have been pretty good for him so far, but their fans really turned on Ramsey when he was going through a rough patch. He's a very talented player but there is a lot less margin for error at that football club and we are generally quite forgiving with our academy players if they struggle.

Chambers is an introguing case as he has benefited from an injury to Debuchy and the late return due to the world cup of both Mertesacker & Kochelny.

Mind, Arsenal have not had the best start overall, and have conceded quite a few goals. Chmabers has also been booked in every EPL match he has played in, and think he was suspended on Saturday as a result (?).

Either way, Koeman's point about young players moving too early to the biggest clubs when they need to be playing week in & week out and developing , be they Dutch or English, is an interesting point