Liverpool Europe Sweet......

captainchris

Is it me or is this result against Real sweet music...........Didn't watch it but 0-3 by half time........!

When Real come knocking you know you have made it.... When Liverpool come knocking - well .........How much progress have you really made - unless you play for Doncaster - no disrespect to them of course....

The 'short cut' to Champions League might not be very long lasting..... short term thinking, greed or ideas of joining a successful club from the last century may not be all their cracked up to be.

Come on Saints show the mercenaries that left that their selfish ideas of dropping their colleagues and supporters in aid of their own extreme monetary and star struck gain at a 'big' club are not always the the way to success and stardom and certainly ultimate happiness...... Unless it's a 'Real' top team...

So want Saints to finish above Liverpool this year............... Not bitter but certainly happy tonight

...!

Couldn't give a monkeys about them or the players that left to go there, but I do have a beef with the amount of sycophantic media coverage they get, for a pretty average team. I assume this is based on past glory, plastic scousers in decision making positions within the media who grew up in the 70's and 80's and the supposition that Liverpool are everybody's second team. Glad they gave us a load of cash in the summer though!

Interesting watching AL's performance.

He added movement and energy but, in contrast with Tadic, it usually came to nothing rather than the telling ball to set up a chance.

We definitely have the better player.

They were playing Real Madrid...not Sunderland. I seriously doubt Tadic would have made any difference last night

Now, I don't pretend to be a tactical genius.

But it seems to me that what Liverpool need to get some better results is to get their better players, Sterling, lallana , and Sturridge when fit, as involved in the game as much as possible, and using their pace.

The blindingly obvious way to do this is to get Ricky in the team, dropping deep, and setting up the plays, at which is is exceptional.

Balotelli won't do that. He is a waste of a player in that team , right now. He will win you about one game in 10 with a bit of genius. Not a luxury they can afford right now.

They were playing Real Madrid...not Sunderland. I seriously doubt Tadic would have made any difference last night

Really? I think that it might come to pass in a year or two that Tadic is playing for them or Barcelona. I believe that he will prove himself to be as good as Modric.

Lambert needs to get out of that ****ty club and fast. Absolute travesty that he is stuck on the bench game after game

He is either sat there getting more and more demoralised as the twlight of his career fades and he contemplates the peak was really with us, or he simply doesnt care anymore and its all about the money.

I'm bitter. Of course I am. I will enjoy all their failings while enjoying our recent success while it lasts. Try it, you might enjoy it.

I'm loving our success. I also couldn't give a toss about Liverpool. Can enjoy out success without sneering at others, behaving like a lovesick teenager who has just been dumped who pretends to hate everything to do with their ex. Try it, you might enjoy it.

I've got two Reds fans in the house, both scousers.

It has been an interesting summer, to say the least. They were both giving it when we were losing all our best players back in the summer, often with mocking pity. They were smug after the opener, even though the performance there didn't really warrant any smugness.

Since then, I no longer directly ask. They'll think I'm taking the píss, especially as I'm perceived to be obsessed with Southampton to the point of blinkeredness anyway. However, I have heard ms pap utter the following word in relation to Liverpool:-

Shít.

Liverpool's bigger problem is defence. Lovren has NOT sorted it out, and Mignolet is off form. But as some one above noted, it was Real Madrid and they won't be playing them every week.

Its their defensive unit - not so sure it is their defence directly. Their midfield offers nothing defensively, and Johnson is absolutely dreadful. They don't have the talent up top to outscore every team this year and they're struggling because of it. Count ourselves very lucky to have Cork/Wanyama/Morgan who would all improve them as a defensive unit IMO.

I see someone turned up to take the p1ss

Lesaint 12 hours agoOoops! I can tell you're not fully satisfied with the goods we sold you i the summer. Sorry, there's no refund available, but perhaps you should try a bit of patience.

Lovren had to go because his "head was already in Liverpool". Obviously, his feet haven't quite made it there yet, but I'm sure they won't be much longer.

Lallana's "hair were standing up in his neck" a the idea of joining you. Send him to the hairdresser, it clearly bothers him and hinders his ability.

Sir Ricky is in dreamland and who can blame him.

If it's any consolation, the money you paid us (loads of it, thank you) has been put to good use.

It's their midfield. Horrendous. Gerrard is sh1t and has been for years and Henderson is dog toffee , always has been.

Apparently someone called Lobster Lungs is spamming their forum daily at the moment about what he knows that is going on behind the scenes that other people dont and he's going to reveal all anytime now, just you wait and see.

I see someone turned up to take the p1ss

Lesaint 12 hours agoOoops! I can tell you're not fully satisfied with the goods we sold you i the summer. Sorry, there's no refund available, but perhaps you should try a bit of patience.

Lovren had to go because his "head was already in Liverpool". Obviously, his feet haven't quite made it there yet, but I'm sure they won't be much longer.

Lallana's "hair were standing up in his neck" a the idea of joining you. Send him to the hairdresser, it clearly bothers him and hinders his ability.

Sir Ricky is in dreamland and who can blame him.

If it's any consolation, the money you paid us (loads of it, thank you) has been put to good use.

Lallanas hairs are still clearly standing up as he spends most matches trying to put them back into place.

Liverpool's bigger problem is defence. Lovren has NOT sorted it out, and Mignolet is off form. But as some one above noted, it was Real Madrid and they won't be playing them every week.

It's their midfield. Horrendous. Gerrard is sh1t and has been for years and Henderson is dog toffee , always has been.

I think it's fair to say it's both :p

Even before AL and DL went to Liverpool I would have wanted them to loose. Cant stand that club/fans.

It was summed up by Ian Rush speaking about Balotelli. "He's not playing for any club, he's playing for Liverpool". It's this arrogance in thinking that they are better than anyone and everyone that puts me off them.

Lallanas hairs are still clearly standing up as he spends most matches trying to put them back into place.

Why shouldn't he turks? After all, he needs to look his best in case he scores, and does the gayest goal celebration I've ever seen. That thalidomide impression of his was f*cking cringeworthy.

I've always had mindset that " big Prem. clubs " don't need my spritual support, as they all have billionaire owners, very big stadiums and a clan of worldwide supporters, and that's enough for anyone.

(I tend to relax that rule a little when any of them are playing in Euro tournaments - except if it's Spuds), however I was interested to see how L'pool would go up against Real, and to watch a whole game with Cristiano Ronaldo.... well I got 75 mins. anyway) but by then he could relax and I was sold. I thought he was ... what he is...." one of the best in the World".

Looking at their facial expressions, Real players seemed to think it was just a training match, and the result was predictable. They'd won by HT. and knew how to preserve their lead.

Liverpool woke up in the second half, (coincidentally when Lallana came on).... but it was too little, too late and Real could afford to take their foot off the gas a bit.

As for our former favourites...I might almost give AL the award for 'pools best player, but Lovren did his famous missing the vital interception trick, that allowed CR the very brief amount of time he needed for the first goal... after which the result looked fairly predictable. Liverpool were static and looked like rabbits trapped in the headlights, proof enough when two totally unmarked Real players stood alone at the far post prior to their third goal, they didn't get in each others' way, and only one of them (Benzema) was needed to score.

A lot of work needed there, Brendan....

Our " former " employees must be looking UP the Prem. table with some degree of envy round about now, consoled only by their rather large salaries, paid out for yet another disappointing game.

Edited by david in sweden