Jay Rodriguez?

toe_punt

I don't know. If so, the club must feel like a right cuckold though, paying for his liposuction, implants and plastic surgery all in the knowledge that when it's done, he's going to bugger off to be with a richer, more successful man.

That said, maybe other clubs will be wary of buying a poisoned chalice in the form of a member of Southampton's class of 2013-14. Secondly, even when he is back to full fitness he is going to face much more competition than last year for a place in the starting line-up. If he isn't even guaranteed a spot at little old Saints, will a bigger club be any more inviting?

Has Mr Rodriguez said that he want out of Southampton at any point? I don't believe I've heard that quote come from him or his agent at all?

I did hear transfer speculation\rumour\paper talk in the summer that Tottenham wanted him, but that was all. I don't think that adds up to him wanting out of little old Southampton though?

Unless someone ITK has previously posted something that I missed?

So we could have paid him a shed load more money whilst he was out injured?

He wasnt injured this time last year. To one of the above points, he may not have signed a new one this time last year either, but he was slightly less hyped then, despite being a big player for us.

Similar scenario with Clyne, if you were his agent you would surely advise to get your head down, have a great season and come the summer Saints are under big pressure to sell if you won't sign, because we won't want to lose these guys on frees.

Where possible you don't want to let good, young, English players who are attracting attention to run their contracts down to 18 months left. It rarely ends well.

He wasnt injured this time last year. To one of the above points, he may not have signed a new one this time last year either, but he was slightly less hyped then, despite being a big player for us.

Similar scenario with Clyne, if you were his agent you would surely advise to get your head down, have a great season and come the summer Saints are under big pressure to sell if you won't sign, because we won't want to lose these guys on frees.

Where possible you don't want to let good, young, English players who are attracting attention to run their contracts down to 18 months left. It rarely ends well.

As usual you're worrying too much. The bulb I know are trying their best.

As usual you're worrying too much. The bulb I know are trying their best.

Not worrying at all. Just stating the situation as I see it.

Both are quality both will leave in the summer if they don't sign new contract. Club will have no choice but to sell.

Hopefully both sign. Would be madness if we havent tried to get Clyne to extend his and we all know the club has tried with Jay.

Nothing we can do (now) if they decide not to sign.

I don't know. If so, the club must feel like a right cuckold though, paying for his liposuction, implants and plastic surgery all in the knowledge that when it's done, he's going to bugger off to be with a richer, more successful man.

That said, maybe other clubs will be wary of buying a poisoned chalice in the form of a member of Southampton's class of 2013-14. Secondly, even when he is back to full fitness he is going to face much more competition than last year for a place in the starting line-up. If he isn't even guaranteed a spot at little old Saints, will a bigger club be any more inviting?

AGREE !

Anyone else think Tadic and Mane are/will be better wingers than J-Rod? I love the guy and think he's been class for us, but it should be him and Pelle fighting for the main CF role imo. And given Pelle's extraordinary adaptation to the premier league, i think he'll struggle to get in the team. But as mentioned above, the injury shouldn't be underplayed, it will take him time to get back into things.

Anyone else think Tadic and Mane are/will be better wingers than J-Rod? I love the guy and think he's been class for us, but it should be him and Pelle fighting for the main CF role imo. And given Pelle's extraordinary adaptation to the premier league, i think he'll struggle to get in the team. But as mentioned above, the injury shouldn't be underplayed, it will take him time to get back into things.

Jrod was a 20 goal a season player last year

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

I think Jay will be happy just to play football again at a premier league standard let alone for a top team.

People need a reality check. This was a serious career threatening injury.

If this is the case ( which I am sure it is ) then surely it is to his great advantage to have already signed a new contract ?

JR was at his best as one of the front three, playing wide, but now when he occasionally played as the central striker in place of Rickie