Ronald Koeman says he wants to sign Ryan Bertrand on a permanent deal

Saint-Armstrong

All £30m of it?

Wheres the tv money?

Yeah, why not? I think it was nearly £10m of the Lallana money was based on appearances etc, and loyalty payments probably was probably about £10m, so that's £20m already. We don't know the payment structure for our deals or there's, but bigger transfers tend to have larger payments paid over time, especially now with FFP.

TV money gets paid throughout the year with a large payment at the end of the year and is usually used to pay off wages debt from throughout the year - the surplus is then used with season ticket sales to invest in players the next Summer. That's what happens if the club is going to be self-sustaining.

In addition to that we may not be able to spend anymore this year or we may break our FFP budget.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Why does he feel the need to say if money is available? Are we not carrying a net profut from the last round of sales?

To not say to Chelsea - "I want the bloke, I want the bloke so much I'll say it before January transfer window, and if he has a brilliant season I still want him" so that Chelsea say "ok - he's £25m"... Possibly. Also not to alert the teeming hoards of agents I suspect

To not say to Chelsea - "I want the bloke, I want the bloke so much I'll say it before January transfer window, and if he has a brilliant season I still want him" so that Chelsea say "ok - he's £25m"... Possibly. Also not to alert the teeming hoards of agents I suspect

I think the deal with Chelsea is already in place.

10m I believe.

That's a good price. We've been getting some brilliant players for about £10m a pop recently! Sign him up!!!

And obviously they're not going to wave our big wads of scouse cash around needlessly. Besides, it may not all be back from the cleaners yet, hence the wait on the funds being available... :p

Imagine how we would have reacted last season if Chelsea fans had said their reserve LB was better than Shaw? I have no idea what's going on or how good players really are these days. I thought Lovren and Shaw were top class players. I wonder if Schneiderlin will suddenly seem massively over-rated when he leaves.

Imagine how we would have reacted last season if Chelsea fans had said their reserve LB was better than Shaw? I have no idea what's going on or how good players really are these days. I thought Lovren and Shaw were top class players. I wonder if Schneiderlin will suddenly seem massively over-rated when he leaves.

Good question.

I only ever played football at a low level, but I always felt more comfortable and relaxed playing for teams with a good team ethic and spirit rather than one with a load of prima donnas, and always performed better as a result. I’ve often wondered whether the same thing might apply to certain players within the professional game

Interesting point. We all know how good Shaw was last season but was it because of the make up of the team and the players around him? Personally I hope the lad comes good.

Why does he feel the need to say if money is available? Are we not carrying a net profut from the last round of sales?

Harmless remark which anybody would make in deference to a boss (sic Les Reed) who has the ultimate say in who is bought or sold. Ron didn't say we don't have the money he was saying if we have the money to buy Bertrand at this stage who is on loan to the end of the season. If we have other targets for January the priority will be to spend presently available transfer funds on new players then whilst the Btrtrand situation can be resolved in the summer.

Morgan Schneiderin will never be massively over-rated, he is a world class player and will develop even more in a better team, which in his case is likely to be Barcelona. Don't be too sure he will leave in the summer, he is part of a very good squad with seemingly a very cohesive dressing room; if we do really well this season why would he want out if everyone else stays? Who wants to be Johnny Nomates like Shaw?

Does nobody on this forum believe in our future, in getting into the Champions League, winning Cups and finishing in the TOP FOUR. So many negative pansies wetting themselves at every turn.

The best way to achieve this is to have the players and squad capable of competing. Signing Bertrand will have no detriment to Targett in we achieve what we set out to do. The renegades left in June because we failed to compete in the League Cup or win the final games to get into Europe. So it would be if we don't achieve this goal this time around. There will be more than their fair share of opportunities if Koeman is allowed to achieve what he's planning and so far achieving.

Yeah, why not? I think it was nearly £10m of the Lallana money was based on appearances etc, and loyalty payments probably was probably about £10m, so that's £20m already. We don't know the payment structure for our deals or there's, but bigger transfers tend to have larger payments paid over time, especially now with FFP.

TV money gets paid throughout the year with a large payment at the end of the year and is usually used to pay off wages debt from throughout the year - the surplus is then used with season ticket sales to invest in players the next Summer. That's what happens if the club is going to be self-sustaining.

In addition to that we may not be able to spend anymore this year or we may break our FFP budget.

It's such a shame we sell all our players on structured deals but insist on buying all our players with cash up front. We appear to be the only club in the world who does that.

Unless...the Bertrand deal might be similarly structured?

It's such a shame we sell all our players on structured deals but insist on buying all our players with cash up front. We appear to be the only club in the world who does that.

Unless...the Bertrand deal might be similarly structured?

What makes you think that? I'm fairly sure we structure our deals exactly the same as other clubs do. In fact, didn't we head into this summer with £27m of transfer fees due for players already at the club?

Two things;

“I was a defender but I was not the best defender. I was a good player to build up and score goals but was not good in defence."

Crikey, I thought he was an outstanding, legend of a defender, talk about playing yourself down!!

On the "if the money is available" thing, I suspect that is more down to wages than anything else. As a Chelsea player, he's probably on pretty decent wages.

My only concern about our excellent defensive start to the season has been that two of the back four are loanees. I hope we can get both Bertrand and Alderweireld signed up permanently, and keep them in the summer. They've both been superb for us, and more than capable replacements for the two that walked out.

Two things;

“I was a defender but I was not the best defender. I was a good player to build up and score goals but was not good in defence."

Crikey, I thought he was an outstanding, legend of a defender, talk about playing yourself down!!

On the "if the money is available" thing, I suspect that is more down to wages than anything else. As a Chelsea player, he's probably on pretty decent wages.

i was going to post this

Two things;

I like Koeman's understated style, shows a bit of class, particularly recent quotes praising Van Gaal, when everyone knows they do not have a happy history.

'Good player' - some of the goals he scored were fabulous and his goal scoring record for a defender was remarkable.

He is just playing the game, talking down expectations - Chelsea can't want to keep Bertrand and we realistically can afford him, we just will want to bargain hard.