West ham obsessed with us? And stoke reaction to our team/season

Saint86

So, the day his

beats the defending champions at home and secures 4th place, a west ham fan goes on a stoke city forum to post this about us.... Are the obsessed or something, I guess its kinda cute...

Utter ********, but cute none the less.

"Because you didn't go in to administration and get your debt cleared, whilst putting your local small suppliers out of business, and being fortunate enough to drop down a couple of divisions and being able to start again, whilst also fortuitously discovering a Welsh chimpanzee called Gareth from Swindon that was very good at football and be able to sell him for a nice fat profit, and in the meantime also finding a couple of English lads that the money-spunking muppets from Merseyside took a bit of a shine to."

Also, stoke fans being fairly nice about us which is rather decent of them tbh.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/236043/why-good-southampton

That's one West Ham who for some reason is posting on a Stoke message board after beating Man City. Not that bothered about West Ham personally, unless we're playing them. A lot of water under the bridge since the days of Billy Sharp and Matty Taylor.

Yep, I don't mind West Ham nowadays.

The big problem with westham (other than some deluded fans but show me a club that doesn't have those) was the horrible brand of anti-football they've been playing the last few seasons even the fans and owners got fed up with it which is why big Sam's job was on the line in the summer. Credit where credit is due they got in some good signings in, have made some changes to their playing style, and are reaping the rewards. I think it would be great for the PL if saints and WHU could break the top six and shake things up I doubt it will happen TBH but it would be good

We get this every year don't we, some similar sized club who are better than us at that moment. Most have gone by the wayside while we've plodded on. Southampton do however look the real deal.

Why can't we be like them? Well i suppose we could, but it's really really really really difficult. That's why there is only one team currently like them.

I like.

Leave it Redslo. He's not worth it.

I wasn't going to reply to the West Ham guy. I was going to answer the sincerely meant questions of the Stoke fans who wondered why their team couldn't do what Southampton was doing. I was going to link to Les Reed's speech and my transcript of it. But it is weird, I can log into my proboards account, but somehow I can't use it to post on the Stoke forum or register for it separately.

We're stealing their thunder. If not for us doing well they'd be the ones getting all the plaudits. They deserve great credit for how they've started their season too.

And with their London base and the new stadium, they are in a great financial position for the future. If anyone is going to penetrate the current BPL elite and compete regularly for Europe it will be us, Newcastle, or West Ham and financially the other two have an edge on us.

I am annoyed. I can't figure out how to register and reply on that forum. Very strange.

The players gonna play play play play play and the haters hate hate hate hate hate. Just gotta shake it off, shake it off. You gotta shake it off, shake it off.

Wise words from Miss Swift there. Take them on board redslo. You won't go far wrong following her advice.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

Not convinced they have what it takes to last the season.

They faded today in the second half.

I think they will struggle to pick up points from Christmas onwards.

Wouldn't surprise me if they earn less than 10pts in the 2nd half of the season.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/236043/why-good-southampton#ixzz3HEfZwqIL

This is the one I like. Because he thought we faded today this genius concludes that we will only get ten points in he second half of the season.

Who gives a crap what a West Ham fans says on a Stoke forum. You can pick holes in any club you like if you try hard enough. We're 2nd and i'm watching the best, most attractive Saints team of my lifetime. Nothing else matters.

West Ham fans are probably a bit disappointed looking back at our 3-1 win over them at their place in August. If they had won that game and all other results had stayed the same, it would be WHU in 2nd place and us in 4th. A good reminder that however much teams fight for points as the season goes on, points in August are worth the same as points in April and sometimes they make all the difference. That could also be true about Goal Difference with ours now looking very healthy and equivalent to an extra point.

Just one nob on a forum doesn't represent what all WHU fans think about us or any other team.

Don't get the WHU hatred on this forum, it baffles me, I only detest one team and that's the Blue Few.

Quite right. You have to know what all the West Ham nobs think to be able to generalise.