Did we just get Sunshine blown up our backside.....

John Boy Saint

I do not really see the problem with the November and December fixtures, a bit of a mixed bag really. Away to Hull? Home to Leicester? AwayVilla? Home to Man City?

Not that tough, but should hope we beat Leicester and have a chance in the other 3.

I do not really see the problem with the November and December fixtures, a bit of a mixed bag really. Away to Hull? Home to Leicester? AwayVilla? Home to Man City?

Not that tough, but should hope we beat Leicester and have a chance in the other 3.

Don't we have Arsenal and Chelsea away and United at home all in a row? They will be the big barometer of where we are IMO. I'd take 4 points from them.

EDIT: sorry, City at home, Arsenal away and United at home. Considering we've beaten Arsenal away already this season maybe we should be looking at 9 points after all ;) In all seriousness, if we do get max points from them we have to be considered title contenders.

If we can manage to keep our squad fit unlike last season I think we may actually survive the turn of the year in Euro qualification spots.

Even with 2 or 3 injuries we could be ok, if we're lucky as to who gets injured. Gardos can come in at CB, Targett at LB, Wanyama at CM, Long in AM/ST, and with JWP and Rodriguez still to come back too. Not to mention if we're still up there come january we can attract another one or two quality players in to push us on.

Even with 2 or 3 injuries we could be ok, if we're lucky as to who gets injured. Gardos can come in at CB, Targett at LB, Wanyama at CM, Long in AM/ST, and with JWP and Rodriguez still to come back too. Not to mention if we're still up there come january we can attract another one or two quality players in to push us on.

biggest issue would be Pelle. He is a big part of our playing style at the moment and there is no back up there Long can do a job up front but I think it would involve a change in style to get the best out of him.

biggest issue would be Pelle. He is a big part of our playing style at the moment and there is no back up there Long can do a job up front but I think it would involve a change in style to get the best out of him.

I would be more worried about Forster.

Hi, this thread title is mixed metaphors, you can't blow sunshine ur thinking of smoke, correct this pls

well I suppose the question is can you blow photons up your arse? I would argue that if you positioned a mirror at such an angle behind your arse that you reflected the stream of photons up this particular orifice, then they are, in some sense, being blown up your arse. this, I imagine, is what the OP was thinking when he wrote the title of the thread. HTH.

More sunshine blowing this was. This from the Stoke Sentinel:

"Early evidence suggests Southampton have upgraded on Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert by signing Dusan Tadic and Graziano Pelle. They even have a manager who speaks English now.

They were high on confidence, always dangerous going forward and tight at the back.

It was a tough day for Stoke who should get some credit for keeping the pace, even if they could not find the cutting edge to steal a point.

Can Southampton maintain their form and book a place in Europe?

They may be a unique case, with a world class academy and complicated recent back story.

But they are still flying the flag for clubs outside the red tops’ favourite four and keeping the dream alive that eighth isn’t the best a big middle-sized club can hope to achieve.

It is to football’s shame that no one thinks the best side a club like Southampton can produce in 30-odd years is able to mount a challenge for the title with one mega season."