Visit to Westminster

Batman

So, visited the Palace of Westminster today, including the commons and sat and watched a debate in the lords (on Scottish devolution)

All an amazing experience to walk and stand in places of such incredible history.

Met many MPs who are all very charming (as you would expect)

Even penny mordant jokingly called me a "scummer"

Edited by Batman

So, visited the Palace of Westminster today, including the commons and sat and watched a debate in the lords (on Scottish devolution)

All an amazing experience to walk and stand in places of such incredible history.

Met many MPs who are all very charming (as you would expect)

Even penny mordant joking called me a "scammer"

Did you ask Mordaunt if the government has managed to plug the £50m tax hole left behind by Pompey yet?

Did you ask Mordaunt if the government has managed to plug the £50m tax hole left behind by Pompey yet?

No. I did ask her if she regretted doing "splash". She just said it was fun. She is a very good laugh and down to earth. Which all of them were, which surprised me.

The PM is taller than I expected.

When sat in the gallery at the lords, they were pretty insistent that the changes for scotland are well within time

The lords and commons are a lot smaller than you would expect and see on TV

No. I did ask her if she regretted doing "splash". She just said it was fun. She is a very good laugh and down to earth. Which all of them were, which surprised me.

When sat in the gallery at the lords, they were pretty insistent that the changes for scotland are well within time

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/oct/18/world-leader-heights-tall

I was surprised, must be his body shape or the way he holds himself as he looks like he'd be shorter.

Like football grounds?

Went to Stoke for the first time this week, 50% was actually as you expect it to be from TV and the other 50% is like wow, I didn't realise that bit was there, that was so big, that was so small etc. Amazing that when you have been to a ground you can always picture the whole thing on TV but if you haven't then TV is prob only giving you half the picture.

Lucky enough to go twice to attend cocktail parties on the terrace the bit that overlooks the Thames, once on the Commons side the other on the Lords, they were both with the company I use to work with.

The first time I was with the forward last touches set up party so drove in through the tradesmans entrance which was interesting from being check for an Audi full of Gunpowder to walking down corridors past MPs little offices. As guests and the work coach folk turned up, everyone kept talking about the spectacular main hall that I hadn't seen, so I went for a snoop about, as has been said both chambers look so much smaller than they do on TV, probably explains the need for the despatch box keeping both sides of the house an arm and a swords length apart.

Saw a security guard from when we came in as I was looking about, and he said get on the end of that tour they won't notice, so I did and it was fascinating.

Another stunning place to see the inside of is the Painted Hall at the Naval College in Greenwich, better known at the Wow room: and that is not an understatement.

Lucky enough to go twice to attend cocktail parties on the terrace the bit that overlooks the Thames, once on the Commons side the other on the Lords, they were both with the company I use to work with.

The first time I was with the forward last touches set up party so drove in through the tradesmans entrance which was interesting from being check for an Audi full of Gunpowder to walking down corridors past MPs little offices. As guests and the work coach folk turned up, everyone kept talking about the spectacular main hall that I hadn't seen, so I went for a snoop about, as has been said both chambers look so much smaller than they do on TV, probably explains the need for the despatch box keeping both sides of the house an arm and a swords length apart.

Saw a security guard from when we came in as I was looking about, and he said get on the end of that tour they won't notice, so I did and it was fascinating.

Another stunning place to see the inside of is the Painted Hall at the Naval College in Greenwich, better known at the Wow room: and that is not an understatement.

Two sword lengths separate the government to the opposition in the commons. The old parliament was wider. The old palace was amazing, never seen a place with so much history. Little bits like standing on the every spot Charles The 1st was tried and sentenced to death

The members lobby with 4 big statues of ex PMs. Churchill, atlee, thatcher and Lloyd george. With smaller busts all round the room.

Had a couple of drinks on the terrace. Just stunning

Edited by Batman