Looks Like Some Fans Won't Make It Tonight

Gemmel

Massive tail backs that have lasted a couple of hours without moving.

My Son is waiting to turnaround and come home...... but been waiting to do that for an hour after doing five miles in the previous two hours.

Is the game kicking off on time.

The A34/M40 roundabout is a joke at the moment. Took is 90mins to go 5 miles there on Monday.

We left Stafford at 18.30, parked at a friends house in Trentham and walked in. Makes a nice change not to have to spend hours travelling!

Skipped the traffic on the way out by heading through Barlaston instead of sitting in the queues by the temp' lights.

Edited by View From The Top

Left at 1515 and got in just for ko. Cut off the queue for the M40 by going cross country and the same again on the M6 by coming off a junction early.

Feel sorry for anyone that didn't make it, it's happened to me before.

It's actually easier to get to the Brit' by coming of at J14 and going up the A34 to Trentham. Amazes me why people go up to J15.

The A34/M40 roundabout is a joke at the moment. Took is 90mins to go 5 miles there on Monday.

We left Stafford at 18.30, parked at a friends house in Trentham and walked in. Makes a nice change not to have to spend hours travelling!

Skipped the traffic on the way out by heading through Barlaston instead of sitting in the queues by the temp' lights.

Complete nightmare on Monday. Can't even rely on late night drives either, as they tend to use that time to shut roads down.

Ah, who needs the M42 anyway?

It's actually easier to get to the Brit' by coming of at J14 and going up the A34 to Trentham. Amazes me why people go up to J15.

Yep. I went up past the golf club and came out at the temporary lights. Always park in that estate to the east of the ground and cut through behind the training ground.

Always the best route even earlier too from Cannock isn't too bad few speed cameras but you make good progress, had to make a few Friday trips up the M6 for family doings a few years back and more often than not did the A5 - A34 route so many times trundling along whilst listening to horrible traffic reports from the M6.

The trouble is these days is that so many folks only know guidance by Sat Nav and the majority are not as good as the trusty paper road map that many of us older readers grew up with when trying to get from A to a strange place (B)

Missed both first half goals thanks to the M6.

So did I and I only live 45 bloody minutes away as well...! Road closed, great - 40 mile detour, then an accident on A50 - god it just went on. Eventually got to the car park - guy running it gave me and another fan, who was delayed due to the M6, a lift to the ground - was that you?

Result made it all worthwhile though and great turn out from the away fans.

Take it from someone that does a lot of long-distance driving. The roads in this country are a f**king joke. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to fear every transition from one road to the next, because one small problem f**ks everyone else up. I live in the North West. It really shouldn't be a thing for me to drive to a football match sixty f**king miles away and have a reasonable expectation of getting there within 2 hours, yet I ended up taking the train and I'm bloody glad I did. The M6 southbound was rammed yesterday, according to Google.