Saints vs Sheffield Utd (A) Capital One Quarter Final

Bearsy

Just out of interest (I might have missed this earlier on the thread), I live in Norwich and have just passed my driving test and would love to go to this match, having been a Saints fan all my life (born and raised in Southampton) but only managing to make it to the away Norwich games. What is the likelihood of getting a ticket for this match? As a theoretical first-time buyer?

Just out of interest (I might have missed this earlier on the thread), I live in Norwich and have just passed my driving test and would love to go to this match, having been a Saints fan all my life (born and raised in Southampton) but only managing to make it to the away Norwich games. What is the likelihood of getting a ticket for this match? As a theoretical first-time buyer?

You can never say never, keep a look on the sale windows and the criteria when it comes out - but I'd say it's very, very unlikely to make general sale.

You can never say never, keep a look on the sale windows and the criteria when it comes out - but I'd say it's very, very unlikely to make general sale.

I disagree here- I reckon it will make General Sale. Festive Period, Midweek and a Late Kickoff, and of course all the way up in Sheffield- it should make general sale at least.

We wont sell out 5000, no chance, unless tickets a seriously cheap ...

Wouldn't be surprised to see us take in the region of 3500 to be fair, but i think 5k on a tuesday night is probably a step too far. Particularly so close to xmas. If the game had been a saturday we'd have sold the 5k easily in my opinion.

Also those Sheffield United fans seem like a decent bunch on their forum, always had a lot of time for Blades fans who i've met. Sound bunch and make a ****ing racket at times too.

Only complaint there is that there's one on their too that seems to think we're the skates and have ****ed over people when we were in admin, guess the skates have been trying to spread that myth around along with all their others.

Game has been confirmed on Tuesday 16th December 2014, Kick Off 7.45pm. Ticket prices (on Sheffield United's website):

£17 Adults

£10 Concession

£5 Juniors U17.

Sensible pricing! Well done Blades. I will be there for sure

Edited by Bucks Saint

If anyone is driving from London (or the outskirts) give me a shout - happy to split petrol ect. Only annoying thing is that you can't get back to London the same day on the trains

I also have the London problem - last train back to London is at 10pm which is doable if it finishes in 90. But then you have that nightmare scenario of what to do if it goes to extra time! hmmm

Mmm.:uhoh: so.... is that 7 games in 25 days in December? Hope they all stay fit ....and injury-free...

Been going on about this for a few weeks already (even without the Capital One Cup game) - we don't have the squad to deal with December without having to risk a few of the fringe squad members.

I also have the London problem - last train back to London is at 10pm which is doable if it finishes in 90. But then you have that nightmare scenario of what to do if it goes to extra time! hmmm

Well the match will finish at 21:30 (not inc added time). Last train is at 21:54. If I remember its a good 10 min walk to the station. So it will be cutting it very fine!

That last train is a killer too - not back to Kings X until after 01:00

Excellent pricing, hopefully Saints will demand the full allowance and wouldn't be a bad one to use the 'away fund' to subsidise coach travel for those that want it (would rather walk myself).

I'm a ST holder so assured of a (if we get there) semi/final ticket but the club could also 'guarantee' a home semi-final seat for all non-ST that go up.

Well the match will finish at 21:30 (not inc added time). Last train is at 21:54. If I remember its a good 10 min walk to the station. So it will be cutting it very fine!

My train leaves at around 22:30 I think (going North to Newcastle though). I get in after 2am!

Excellent pricing, hopefully Saints will demand the full allowance and wouldn't be a bad one to use the 'away fund' to subsidise coach travel for those that want it (would rather walk myself).

I'm a ST holder so assured of a (if we get there) semi/final ticket but the club could also 'guarantee' a home semi-final seat for all non-ST that go up.

Unfortunately that fund is for Premier league games only. Subsidised travel would be great though, would love to see 5k of us up there.

At £17 I'll be heading up by car.

Cheap as chips B&B was going to be my solution, but now staying with a Blade mate. Dont get me started on trains to London (of all places) after 10pm in this country

Don't understand the obsession with 'reduced' travel, if you’re that bothered about going you'll make the effort and find the cash to go.

If the club do insist on doing something for it, they should reduce ticket prices so everyone sees a benefit. Reduced travel is no good to the people who live outside of Southampton or those who'd rather not travel on the muppet bus.

Don't understand the obsession with 'reduced' travel, if you’re that bothered about going you'll make the effort and find the cash to go.

If the club do insist on doing something for it, they should reduce ticket prices so everyone sees a benefit. Reduced travel is no good to the people who live outside of Southampton or those who'd rather not travel on the muppet bus.

Whether you agree with it or not, it would massively increase our following to this game ...

I've just the Premier Inn for £35. It's half a mile from the stadium and half a mile from the station. Assuming I can get a ticket I can do this game with entry, hotel, train and beer for under a hundred quid!

Cheap train from Bangkok?

There's a very good hotel in one corner of the ground. I stayed there when watching Salisbury in the FA Cup a couple of years back. It was dead cheap that time as well. We even got a tour around the ground from the Sheff Utd owner who was having coffee in the hotel - very friendly people. Unfortunately, getting time off this close to Christmas is a no-go for so many of our supporters, including me.

There's a very good hotel in one corner of the ground. I stayed there when watching Salisbury in the FA Cup a couple of years back. It was dead cheap that time as well. We even got a tour around the ground from the Sheff Utd owner who was having coffee in the hotel - very friendly people. Unfortunately, getting time off this close to Christmas is a no-go for so many of our supporters, including me.

Stayed here on Saturday as went up to Hull. Really nice hotel but going to stay in the Prem inn in dec as its half the price!!

Can't wait.

Game has been confirmed on Tuesday 16th December 2014, Kick Off 7.45pm. Ticket prices (on Sheffield United's website):

£17 Adults

£10 Concession

£5 Juniors U17.

it could actually be cheaper than that, they are charging £15 for their season ticket holders so i think Saints could sell at £15 for our season ticket holders as well. If they can do travel for £20/£25 then not too bad. Tough old trip mid December, as is Burnley a few days before.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us take in the region of 3500 to be fair, but i think 5k on a tuesday night is probably a step too far. Particularly so close to xmas. If the game had been a saturday we'd have sold the 5k easily in my opinion.

Also those Sheffield United fans seem like a decent bunch on their forum, always had a lot of time for Blades fans who i've met. Sound bunch and make a ****ing racket at times too.

Only complaint there is that there's one on their too that seems to think we're the skates and have ****ed over people when we were in admin, guess the skates have been trying to spread that myth around along with all their others.

better send them the link to video of the opening ceremony for the training complex!

I am still not convinced that we should be paying much attention to this competition when we have work to do in the Premier League. The Cup is a bit of a distraction IMO.

6/10.

You need to find new material mate, it's getting a little repetitive now.