Saints vs Sheffield Utd (A) Capital One Quarter Final

Bearsy

You had to select adult season ticket holder on the drop down for ticket type. Of course everyone buying at this stage is a ST holder anyway...

thats right default is for Adult, but you can choose Adult S/T which I only discovered this because I had to buy u17 ticket for my son as they are linked and family and friends

You had to select adult season ticket holder on the drop down for ticket type. Of course everyone buying at this stage is a ST holder anyway...

That's interesting - I could swear the 'Adult STH' option wasn't there at 9am. Never normally need to use the dropdown but I did check there wasn't something I was missing. You'd hope the system was sophisticated enough to automatically be aware of who is and isn't a STH but perhaps that's expecting too much competency...

I went to the ticket office this morning as son number one wanted me to get two tickets for him and a mate who live near there. Son number two is a junior concession ST and the TO would only be prepared to sell me an adult and a child ticket, even though naturally I was happy to pay adult prices for both tickets. Their argument was that if I was allowed to buy two adult tickets, I would be depriving another adult season ticket holder of the chance of a ticket if they sold out. They said I could buy an adult and a child ticket and then upgrade the child ticket when they went on general sale. This seems to be jobsworth bureaucracy when some common sense should be applied. Having bought the child ticket, that seat is not now available to anybody else. What difference does it make whether there is an adult or a child sat there, apart from the seat being sold for a higher price? The Saints website states that a ticket for the Sheffield Utd match is available to ST holders, one per ST. There is no stipulation that only tickets of the same denomination can be purchased.

I went to the ticket office this morning as son number one wanted me to get two tickets for him and a mate who live near there. Son number two is a junior concession ST and the TO would only be prepared to sell me an adult and a child ticket, even though naturally I was happy to pay adult prices for both tickets. Their argument was that if I was allowed to buy two adult tickets, I would be depriving another adult season ticket holder of the chance of a ticket if they sold out. They said I could buy an adult and a child ticket and then upgrade the child ticket when they went on general sale. This seems to be jobsworth bureaucracy when some common sense should be applied. Having bought the child ticket, that seat is not now available to anybody else. What difference does it make whether there is an adult or a child sat there, apart from the seat being sold for a higher price? The Saints website states that a ticket for the Sheffield Utd match is available to ST holders, one per ST. There is no stipulation that only tickets of the same denomination can be purchased.

Madness. Common sense must be on a long holiday

That's odd... interesting to see whether you could have done it online.. I bought 3 tickets with 2 being students from Adult STs which obviously is the other way around.

Madness. Common sense must be on a long holiday

The situation will descend into pure farce if the tickets sell out before I can upgrade on Monday and the club don't allow me to do so. What would happen then? The seat is taken, but they will only allow a kid to sit in it?

The situation will descend into pure farce if the tickets sell out before I can upgrade on Monday and the club don't allow me to do so. What would happen then? The seat is taken, but they will only allow a kid to sit in it?

When you look at the way the rest of the club is run, the ticket office does seem to operate as an Independant Banana Republic with a loose diplomatic connection to the club , it's almost like the Black Box is used for all employee selection and the least accommodating of a better bunch are syphoned off into there for consular duties.

I will add that there are some good folks working in there, but under a strict dictatorial regime that lacks common sense for flexibility, at times. The fun and games we have had with my Wife's season ticket and customer (now) numbers, especially last season, and a minor way this, just leaves you scratching your head.

That's odd... interesting to see whether you could have done it online.. I bought 3 tickets with 2 being students from Adult STs which obviously is the other way around.

I did it online and changed a senior to an adult and it let me buy them OK.

Do we know how many are left? Finish work on the 15th for Christmas so can definitely make it up there now.

No idea. Some reports of modest sized queues at the TO yesterday, when they went on sale to all STHs, but then there are other games on sale. I guess they will make Monday OK and I would hope we sell out the bottom tier and get a few more. Mate who is a Blades fan said they can, and do, segregate the top tier when needed

We have been given a further 800 tickets taking the allocation to nearly 3400 , to be fair if we take all of that midweek in December it is a top effort in my book.

£15 ticket price is excellent and if people are resourceful getting minibuses together etc quite a cheap away day compared to what we are getting used to in the Premier league.

been an excellent cup run so far with support at Arsenal and Stoke top notch for numbers so lets keep it going.

We have been given a further 800 tickets taking the allocation to nearly 3400 , to be fair if we take all of that midweek in December it is a top effort in my book.

£15 ticket price is excellent and if people are resourceful getting minibuses together etc quite a cheap away day compared to what we are getting used to in the Premier league.

been an excellent cup run so far with support at Arsenal and Stoke top notch for numbers so lets keep it going.

The additional 800 in the Upper Tier?

Went to upgrade the junior ticket to an adult one. What a bloody palaver! To recap, queued half an hour on Friday to get two tickets as allowed by two STs, But one was a junior ST so they wouldn't allow it to be upgraded to an adult ticket, even though the cost was higher.

So I had to go back today to upgrade the junior ticket to an adult one, whilst they are on general sale. Queued another 20 minutes to be told that I had to pay the general sale adult price rather than the ST adult price, so another £2. Apparently the junior ST doesn't qualify me for the discount that is given to an adult ST holder. Furthermore, they can't just tear up the junior ticket and issue an adult ticket, my son will have to get the upgraded ticket from Sheffield. Had they been prepared to issue two adult tickets on Friday, I wouldn't have to have undergone this rigmarole.

It begs the question of what the situation would have been had the tickets sold out before they went on general sale. Presumably the jobsworths in the TO would have refused to upgrade the ticket. The seat was sold, so couldn't have been sold to anybody else, so they either upgrade it, or have my son's mate try and get in on a junior ticket.

The additional 800 in the Upper Tier?

yes - in fact if you buy online you can currently choose between the tiers, apparently not many left in the lower tier so if anyone wants to stand where the majority of fans will be worth getting tickets asap for the lower tier.

will be good to see that whole lower tier full - would look great if we score at that end

yes - in fact if you buy online you can currently choose between the tiers, apparently not many left in the lower tier so if anyone wants to stand where the majority of fans will be worth getting tickets asap for the lower tier.

will be good to see that whole lower tier full - would look great if we score at that end

Bought one earlier online, hope they put me lower tier!

even driving up and staying night not too expensive

I'm in Hotel which is £30 for 3 Adults in 3 beds, can't be bad