Saints vs Sheffield Utd (A) Capital One Quarter Final

Bearsy

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/big-turn-out-on-the-cards-from-saints-fans.37076/

"Apparently the club are to give non season ticket holders a guaranteed home Semi Final ticket should they beat us as well which is more incentive for them to travel up."

That's probably news to Saints fans...has anyone seen that, looks like he's making it up as he goes along!

Should do tho', no mean feat for a midweek 400-mile round trip a few days before the festivities, 'er indoors' stocking will be a little less full this year!

Dear 'highpeakblade' (I see you're watching) don't take it to heart I ain't "stirring", you've just quoted a fan's suggestion as fact, looked like you knew something we didn't :p

Good luck to you lot for getting out of L1, look what happened to us.

Looking forward to visiing up to Sheffield again, make sure the pubs stock up.

Managed to book a room at the Holiday Inn, a queen size bed, a double bed and a double sofa bed (room must be massive) with breakfast thrown in for £45.00 - chuffed with that.

Only £95.75 for travel, match ticket and hotel coming down from the West of Scotland, hopefully we'll have a result to celebrate.

Not received any tickets yet. Booked on Wednesday. Anyone else in the same boat?

I got mine the day they went on sale and they only arrived yesterday. The club seem to post the tickets in batches these days rather than as soon as the order's been received. Probably makes it a bit more efficient for them, but it's pretty frustrating as a customer, especially if you've bought a load of tickets that you want to distribute beforehand.

2,600 in the lower tier so we must have around half of the top tier (not including the newer corner section) at the mo with 1,400 up there. I guess the Police ideally wouldn't want home fans above the aways so a good chance we may be offered another couple of blocks if needed.

This is set up for a big old fashion cup atmosphere, they'll make a racket and hopefully our lot will be bouncing around from the start.

2,600 in the lower tier so we must have around half of the top tier (not including the newer corner section) at the mo with 1,400 up there. I guess the Police ideally wouldn't want home fans above the aways so a good chance we may be offered another couple of blocks if needed.

This is set up for a big old fashion cup atmosphere, they'll make a racket and hopefully our lot will be bouncing around from the start.

I asked the club on Twitter if there is likely to be any additional, and they said they expected that to be the last batch.

However, IMO, if the demand is there then we'll be given more, they've only sold 11k so far.

I asked the club on Twitter if there is likely to be any additional, and they said they expected that to be the last batch.

However, IMO, if the demand is there then we'll be given more, they've only sold 11k so far.

They've only sold 11k?! Shocked at that, thought it would be popular as hell.

Managed to book a room at the Holiday Inn, a queen size bed, a double bed and a double sofa bed (room must be massive) with breakfast thrown in for £45.00 - chuffed with that.

Only £95.75 for travel, match ticket and hotel coming down from the West of Scotland, hopefully we'll have a result to celebrate.

See you in the bar - Mrs K and I are in the Holiday Inn arriving lunchtime

Hi all.

Sheffield United fan here in peace. Read through this thread and you'll be allocated the top tier of the away end, the capacity of that stand is not far of 4,300. I understand we gave you another allocation taking it up to 4,300. No clubs have managed to fill the top tier this season, therefor the bottom tier hasn't been used at all this season. If you manage to sell 4,000 i see no reason why we wouldn't give you another couple of thousand especially as cup runs bring good money in.

Regarding the game, i don't think its gonna be as far between as fans think, Clough really knows how to get his team up for a cup game, as we've seen last season. Southampton flying high in the Premier League, but we've seen it all before, no disrespect to Southampton, but Blackpool was 4th in the league at the same point the season they went down. All in all it should be a good close encounter, but I'm predicting Sheffield United 2-1 Southampton, possible going into ET.

Hope the ones that are travelling have a safe journey to and from the ground. :)

even driving up and staying night not too expensive

I'm in Hotel which is £30 for 3 Adults in 3 beds, can't be bad

You got a damn good deal there. I'm paying 35 quid and they aren't including any ladies with the beds, not even breakfast :scared:

Are you going for the blonde, brunette, red head combo ;)

Seems there will be a fair few Saints staying overnight in Sheffield.

Hi all.

Sheffield United fan here in peace. Read through this thread and you'll be allocated the top tier of the away end, the capacity of that stand is not far of 4,300. I understand we gave you another allocation taking it up to 4,300. No clubs have managed to fill the top tier this season, therefor the bottom tier hasn't been used at all this season. If you manage to sell 4,000 i see no reason why we wouldn't give you another couple of thousand especially as cup runs bring good money in.

Regarding the game, i don't think its gonna be as far between as fans think, Clough really knows how to get his team up for a cup game, as we've seen last season. Southampton flying high in the Premier League, but we've seen it all before, no disrespect to Southampton, but Blackpool was 4th in the league at the same point the season they went down. All in all it should be a good close encounter, but I'm predicting Sheffield United 2-1 Southampton, possible going into ET.

Hope the ones that are travelling have a safe journey to and from the ground. :)

To be fair, I don't think many believe it'll be easy, wouldn't expect anything less than a battle at this stage of the cup but you have to accept there'll be optimism. We're playing well (under par at Villa), second in the country playing a side 2 divisions below, let's be honest, we should edge it. But life ain't always like that.

I like Bramall Lane, modernised but still the feel of a traditional ground, it will be a top atmosphere, all the ingredients for a feisty cup tie.

Good luck with getting out of L1...I always liked Tony Currie back in the day!

Hi all.

Unnecessary and inaccurate comparison to Blackpool who had a flirt with fourth place after about three games in August, not quite the same as being second place at the end of November. We're punching above our weight, but nothing we have achieved is a fluke. We're very good right now.

No Saints fan will take this game for granted, Clough has a decent record in cup football and anything can happen in a cup tie.

Being Saints fans, we never take any game for granted. I still expect us to lose most games, even this season. Just been bred into me over the years. Looking forward to this one, first game of the season for me - £27 for 2 tickets, single cheap train journey to one of our favourite cities. Couldn't really say no! :-)

You got a damn good deal there. I'm paying 35 quid and they aren't including any ladies with the beds, not even breakfast :scared:

Are you going for the blonde, brunette, red head combo ;)

Seems there will be a fair few Saints staying overnight in Sheffield.

no ladies included in my deal either !!!

Most of the people I know from London Saints are staying up there and we've got 39 going, certainly the hotel i'm staying in should be full of Saints fans

Plenty of places for good Real Ale before the game too, which I know you will enjoy several good pubs in Kelham Island area worth visiting, and several Ale pubs I've found in town centre that open until gone midnight after the game.