Hull away build up

Wiggles31

Same team as Stoke at home please, Long in for Mane if he doesn't come through training. Our forward line could absolutely ruin their defence at the moment, but they've got some good attackers too. Should be a decent game.

I was about to jump all over your post, like a fat-tongued tw*t when I saw "same team as Stoke" and rant about Bertrand and the other defender (can't even be ar$ed to spell his name).

But then I saw "at home" and thought that yes, I agree with you.

So I agree.

Tremendous tactical insight from our good friend Lawro.

What a pundit.

Southampton just keep on winning and Graziano Pelle just keeps on scoring.

Saints have been brilliant of late, but their run has to end somewhere, and I think it will be the KC Stadium.

I can't believe how many people think a draw or a loss is likely. This Hull people a team we hammered twice last season, we're on an amazing run of form, confidence among the players should be high, Ronald knows what he is about and by all accounts Hull have quite a few injury concerns this game should be very winnable.

we are due a draw.

1-1

The same logic that Lawrenson has used to predict a Hull win - saying that Saint's run has to end sometime - although in Lawrenson's case he hasn't used the same logic for Chelsea. But results aren't decided on a ration basis. With our strongest defence restored, with Forster concentrating now after his nightmare at Stoke and with the quality and confidence in mid-field and up front, a win for Saints looks the most likely outcome. You can't guarantee it because this is football and we all know luck plays a part, but there is no such thing as 'being due' a certain result.

I think a draw here would be a decent result provided we do the business against Leicester. Then we have Villa away which is again very winnable.

I would have definitely have taken it on Saturday morning if offered two wins and a draw out of the three games in eight days.

With where we've got to over the past 10 games and Ron's comments in the pre match interview, he's kinda strongly suggested that a couple of games in week is no issue so won't make wholesale games to keep players "fresh"

Therefore -

-------- Forster -----------

Clyne - Fonte - Toby - Bertrand

-- Cork - Morgan - S Davis --

-- Tadic - Pelle - Mane --

The magnificent 11

:toppa:

That thing is that Hull seem to always score 2 goals whether they win or lose, they're amazingly consistent at that the last couple of months. So we need to score 3. Simples.

Although strangely only scored 13 goals in 9 outings. Suppose if you ignore the times they don't such as their last game (0-0) you're spot on

I can't believe how many people think a draw or a loss is likely. This Hull people a team we hammered twice last season, we're on an amazing run of form, confidence among the players should be high, Ronald knows what he is about and by all accounts Hull have quite a few injury concerns this game should be very winnable.

Hammered twice? We beat them 1-0 away last season in possibly the hardest fought game we had all season.

Hammered twice? We beat them 1-0 away last season in possibly the hardest fought game we had all season.

Really? Long even said Hull hardly saw the ball that night. We ran circles around them - the scoreline was only spared by a couple of Lambert gilt-edged misses, Corky hitting the woodwork, a Guly chance that was cleared off the line to name just a few things.

Although strangely only scored 13 goals in 9 outings. Suppose if you ignore the times they don't such as their last game (0-0) you're spot on

So the observation was that they seem to be very consistent at scoring two goals, win or lose, in the last couple of months. So that means September and October I think. Let's take a quick look at all their results in that period:

Hull 2-2 West Ham

Newcastle 2-2 Hull

West Brom 3-2 Hull

Hull 2-4 Man City

Hull 2-0 Crystal Palace

Arsenal 2-2 Hull

Liverpool 0-0 Hull

Oh yeah, 6 out of 7.

That thing is that Hull seem to always score 2 goals whether they win or lose, they're amazingly consistent at that the last couple of months. So we need to score 3. Simples.

Last game was 0-0 Hull are only one of two sides this season who couldn't put a goal past Lovern and Liverpool's joke of a defence.........

Steve Bruce in his press conf yesterday: “They turned us over pretty comprehensively twice [last season]"

Each season is different. Hull are a very good team with a passionate set of fans. I like Hull being in the Premier League as for so long they have been an unfashionable club. Hope they do well this season, but not at our expense !

Hilarious.

I already cannot wait for the build up to the Sheffield United game so you can pretend you think we should drop the entire team to concentrate on the league.

It was hilarious the last fifty times you've done it, so can only be even funnier next time.

No Morgan in today's training footage, hope that kick on the foot he got from (DFB) Adam isn't a serious injury. Anybody heard anything?

Might be nothing that'll stop him playing tomorrow, but his leg is bandaged here...

juliette ferrington@juliette_grace 1m1 minute ago

Had a chat w/@GPelle19 in a s****y hotel. 9 goals in his last 10 for #SaintsFC and it's on t'telly tomorrow.

B1RGwuvIAAA2Krw.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

Those stats are so damn impressive. At this moment in time, we're functioning like the perfect machine. Lots of shots, lots of goals, few shots against you, few goals against, lots of possession and passes. We're like the ultimate team, it's stuff you see on computer games!

A Hull fans thoughts on this weekends game:

Dawson and Jelavic - both out - have been two of our best players so far this season so they are big losses. We now have Hernandez as a lone striker with Ben Arfa in behind, Hernamdez doesn't really suit being alone at all so that's a bit of an issue. Dawson out probably means Bruce will play, Bruce is a terrible footballer and hoofs the ball away more than he passes it, but he is a decent and committed defender. McGregor and Harper both injured so we have our 3rd choice keeper starting which is a worry to some. He flaps at crosses too much for me which will be a worry when balls are put into the box for pelle.

I reckon Saints will dominate the game as we'll struggle to keep the ball up front without Jela. I'd predict a 1-0 or 2-0 win for you lot but we do have players like Diame/Ben Arfa/Hernandez who can score out of nowhere so we could still nick points from the game.

All the reasons why a loss or draw is the most likely outcome. Its football, that's how it works.

Check out the farewell of RK after 3 consecutive 2nd places in a row in the Dutch league for Feijenoord. Even without understanding a word, it is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0t8RhGalE

Yes, amazing. Strange to see Graziano there after about 5:35. I know he played for them but he's our Graziano now, all in the space of 3 months.

Check out the farewell of RK after 3 consecutive 2nd places in a row in the Dutch league for Feijenoord. Even without understanding a word, it is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0t8RhGalE

He seems like a real genuine players manager. Players love him.

two points:

01) Pelle leading the charge to hoist Koeman up

02) Clasie seen wiping tears from his eyes twice with his jersey

would love to have Clasie on this team. I know there were rumours last summer. I wonder if there was anything to them.

Can you explain the logic behind the statement that a team is "due a draw"?

In his history of watching saints play he's used to us not going on long winning runs and knows that at some point a draw may happen. Therefore he believes that the team are "due a draw".

For any normal non autistic person this is a pretty easy thing to understand, in your case it'll be hard or maybe even impossible to grasp so if i were you'd i'd not say too much more and you can pretend to be a normal human being for once.

Hope that helps.

In his history of watching saints play he's used to us not going on long winning runs and knows that at some point a draw may happen. Therefore he believes that the team are "due a draw".

For any normal non autistic person this is a pretty easy thing to understand, in your case it'll be hard or maybe even impossible to grasp so if i were you'd i'd not say too much more and you can pretend to be a normal human being for once.

Hope that helps.

Does not compute. Does not compute.

It's one of those games that I'd be content with a draw, but knowing us this season we'll score the one extra goal we need for 3 points.

Hull will be a stable team for a few years to come, made some decent transfers in the summer, but we're something else this season.

I see Mané has a knock, start Long against his former club.

The interview is on BBC 1 Football Focus I think.

Just booked in to the Village Hotel in Hull

Really windy outside

Think one of the Hull players may be staying in the next room

Wake up call every hour throughout the night perhaps although he seemed a nice fella when we had a quick chat in the corridor