General Election 2015

trousers

Someone made a joke, how shocking!

You do get some complete ***ts on here.

I don't find leaving the country in a financial mess a laughing matter. I am sure anyone who has lost their job or struggled over the last few years have found it funny either.

If you do, bully for you, but don't complain about austerity, as it's only a bit of a laugh afterall.

I don't find leaving the country in a financial mess a laughing matter. I am sure anyone who has lost their job or struggled over the last few years have found it funny either.

If you do, bully for you, but don't complain about austerity, as it's only a bit of a laugh afterall.

No, but I find the fact that you take a joke so seriously hilarious.

I do wonder about what sort of socially inept nob-heads frequent these message boards.

No, but I find the fact that you take a joke so seriously hilarious.

I do wonder about what sort of socially inept nob-heads frequent these message boards.

A joke is a joke. Here's one for you...

I hear Ed Milliband might be our next Prime Minister. So with a **** leading the UK and Balls right behind him, it'll be like the whole country's being ****ed.

At the end of the day, he is standing for election and will probably land the 2nd most powerful job in government, that of running the countries finances. If I want to hear jokes, I'll watch Michael McIntyre or Lee Evans or some other crap TV comedian. If I want someone to take the finances of the country seriously, I want a chancellor that perhaps might take things a bit more seriously. As deluded and inept as Gordon Brown was, you cant accuse him of not taking the job seriously.

Edited by Johnny Bognor
Found a better Ed Balls Joke

A joke is a joke. Here's one for you... whats the difference between Ed Balls and a ****?

Nothing

At the end of the day, he is standing for election and will probably land the 2nd most valuable job in the country, that of running the countries finances. If I want to hear jokes, I'll watch Michael McIntyre or Lee Evans or some other TV comedian. If I want someone to take the finances of the country seriously, I want a chancellor that perhaps might take things a bit more seriously.

You buggered off for years and have only made a reappearance in the run up to an election. Are you a Tory party political broadcast or something?

A joke is a joke. Here's one for you...

I hear Ed Milliband might be our next Prime Minister. So with a **** leading the UK and Balls right behind him, it'll be like the whole country's being ****ed.

At the end of the day, he is standing for election and will probably land the 2nd most powerful job in government, that of running the countries finances. If I want to hear jokes, I'll watch Michael McIntyre or Lee Evans or some other crap TV comedian. If I want someone to take the finances of the country seriously, I want a chancellor that perhaps might take things a bit more seriously. As deluded and inept as Gordon Brown was, you cant accuse him of not taking the job seriously.

Ed Balls didn't even write the joke you dumb pr!ck.

You buggered off for years and have only made a reappearance in the run up to an election. Are you a Tory party political broadcast or something?

I didn't realise that there were stipulations as to who could comment on this part of the forum and which party they should support.

No, I am on a one-man anti-leftie crusade. If you remember the political map that was done a few years ago, I was slap bang in the middle. Out of some 40 people posting on political issues, I was the most balanced. So the voice of reason has returned....

You're forgetting the SaintsWeb Forum political debating rules: if a nasty Tory MP jokes about the economy its a hanging offence whereas if a Labour MP does so its a bit of fun.

I've got a copy of the full terms and conditions here if you want one.

:)

Edited by trousers
@

It was a joke, it wasn't very funny. It's not something to get wound up about. In reality, none of us can change anything, we'll be stuck with whoever gets in. If it's Balls, he'll have Labours economic brains behind him, if it's Tories it will be the same. Little thing though, most of the people on these committees are the same whichever party gets in, so the advice will be pretty much the same.

I've got my bingo card ready for tonight's debate. Even watching the build up I've managed to tick off " progressive", "hard working families" " anti austerity agenda" and that's just the 3 wise monkeys commenting on the Greens, The Taffs & The Jocks.

Looking forward to Nigel upsetting all the lefties tonight, hope he's had a couple of noggins beforehand & puts in the type of performance he did in the Euro debates with Cleggy.

You're forgetting the SaintsWeb Forum political debating rules: if a nasty Tory MP jokes about the economy its a hanging offence whereas if a Labour MP does so its a bit of fun.

I've got a copy of the full terms and conditions here if you want one.

:)

A career politician is a c**t whatever party he/she is from.

I know, but he's a typical arrogant career politician and this will damage him (I hate all smarmy career politicians from any party)

It was a joke (poorly thought out one) made by someone else, it's nothing to do with Ed Balls. Being Ed Balls damages Ed Balls, that joke will not make the slightest difference to anything.

Cameron should be in this debate tonight. He's prime minister, it's a farce he's not.

Debate what? It is all pointless

As for everything else. The NHS is being used as a vote winner. Sooner or later massive changes are required as it is becoming hugely expensive. Good luck to which party brings those changes in

Lord Tender, your boy Farage has just committed hair kiri.

Cause he hasn't, he doesn't give a flying **** about the audience . He's after 20% of the people watching at home. The debate was moved onto his territory, housing debate became immigration debate. Whether you like it or not immigration plays well with a lot of voters.

By the way. How on earth can anyone not see that allowing 200k people a year to come in effects housing. What do they live in?

You are aware labour inherited a debt of 42% of the GDP in 1997 right?

Please stop promoting politically-motivated myths.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html

In other words, please stop banging on about how the tories always have to clean up after labour because the IMF have disproved this time and time again, it's politically motivated nonsense....I wasn't aware saints had so many blue-noses in their midst.

Edited by Hockey_saint

I'm getting the feeling that Ed is growing nicely into the role of PM - his presentation and confidence increases daily.

Yeah and funny how much it hurts people who can't handle it. Why aren't they all listening to Murdoch, Dacre and Desmond and not looking at bacon sandwich pics

I think the way the rest of the panel is addressing Milliband is making him look very powerful and lending a little statesmanship to his performance. Especially when the other parties begged Milliband to work with them. I think absence might have backfired for Cameron tonight

That said, Milliband is positioning himself as Tory lite now, and Nicola has 'ripped him a new one' tonight.

Pretty creepy closing statement from Milliband there! :lol:

When you see the likes of Sturgeon and the Welsh One it does make Labour look pretty useless. I mean, seriously, what on earth is the point of the modern Labour party? What does it stand for?

Pretty creepy closing statement from Milliband there! :lol:

When you see the likes of Sturgeon and the Welsh One it does make Labour look pretty useless. I mean, seriously, what on earth is the point of the modern Labour party? What does it stand for?

perhaps it says it's done it's job a little too well? Rising up against the traditional bully boys of Westminister? (usually the Burlington boys from Eton....i.e. Cameron, BoJo and their mates).

Ed did well , the audience were clearly biased towards the leftie women so it could have been a tough night for him. He looked serious and professional, Tory people have clearly under estimated him. I thought the 3 chicks overplayed their hand & Nigel was Nigel.

My verdict ;

Ed won, Nigel will have played well with the 20% he wants. Sturgeon , not as good as last time , but OK. Taffy bird, shocking. Greens need a new leader, Lucas is head and shoulders above Bennett.