General Election 2015

trousers

Bit harsh. He clearly has a problem

He shouldn't have been on the show then , the BBC or the lib/dumbs should have pulled the plug . The BBC have form over this allowing Bestie to make a twt of himself on Wogan, but I'm surprised they've sunk so low to allow a serious political show to show some bodies problems off . I'm sure that if Nigel or Paul Nuttall had been in that state the establishment and the BBC would have been all over it like a rash, instead everybody tried to pretend nothing happened .

He is known to be a recovering alcoholic and as such deserves all the support we can give him.

Anyone would feel sorry for him , but that's not the point . Would you want an alcy teaching your kids or an alcy giving you financial advise. The lib/dumbs were represented on that show by Charlie boy and they must have known there was a chance he'd be polluted . Surely his voters deserve better , he should withdraw from public life until his overcome his " illness" . I'm sure you'll be the first to complain if Ron K is staggering along the line tomorrow and throwing pens at Jose M and playing yoshida in nets

11071408_10205737545575398_7149565542066533536_n.jpg?oh=85b1920b7cfef55400f5079a7670407c&oe=55B431BC

Hypo and Wes (The new and definitely not fúcking improved Mary Whitehouse Experience) will be along soon to cry about the language.

Are you a bit thick? My objection and I suspect Hypo's too, was the use of gratuitous bad language in front of children.

I know that. I feel sorry for him, but in no way do I support him, or anybody else, appearing on a serious political debate pi**ed as a f*rt.

He should stay away until he gets better.

I agree with you here. If we was p!ssed then it was very poor behaviour on the part of anybody wo was responsible for his hospitality.

This Shapps lad has to go, surely.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/16/revealed-grant-shapps-threat-to-sue-constituent-over-michael-green-post

Threatened one of his constituents with legal action, demanding an apology.

1000.jpg

Shapps is a complete and utter twt, and he's now been proved to be a liar. I really don't get why Cameron puts so much faith in him, he's always on Daily Politics or Sunday Politics & QT but he comes over really poorly. He's a political lightweight .

So dodgy Dave has now agreed to do one debate on tv. Saying " the other parties must accept the new deal or bear the responsibility of the debates not going ahead".

I thought all the other parties had already agreed they were going ahead with the debates with or without Dave? Not quite sure I understand how they are responsible for them not happening after already saying they will all turn up on those dates?

He really does think we are all stupid doesn't he....

So dodgy Dave has now agreed to do one debate on tv. Saying " the other parties must accept the new deal or bear the responsibility of the debates not going ahead".

I thought all the other parties had already agreed they were going ahead with the debates with or without Dave? Not quite sure I understand how they are responsible for them not happening after already saying they will all turn up on those dates?

He really does think we are all stupid doesn't he....

To be fair, a significant percentage of the population are...

Thats true but a significant population aren't. I have voted Conservative in the past but would never vote for a politician who deliberately uses deceit to gain advantage.

You know of politicians that don't use deceit to their advantage? Spill the beans! ;)

Shapps is a complete and utter twt, and he's now been proved to be a liar. I really don't get why Cameron puts so much faith in him, he's always on Daily Politics or Sunday Politics & QT but he comes over really poorly. He's a political lightweight .

Cameron doesn't give a f**k. Never did. Check out the career of Jeremy Hunt, Media Secretary during the BSkyB merger, now Secretary of State for Health, another post where his skills (basically amounting to railroading the agenda through) are going to be very useful, judging from the contracts. Let's not stop there. Andy Coulson, former Press Secretary to the PM, then suspected of being involved in phone hacking, later convicted, sentenced to eighteen months and did less than five. Patrick Rock, one of Cameron's aides, turns up in a police paedophilia investigation. He got a week to get his affairs in order before the OB got involved. Cameron doesn't need competent people with the best interests of the country at heart. He needs people to help him asset strip the country. A liar and a bully like Shapps is perfect.

You know of politicians that don't use deceit to their advantage? Spill the beans! ;)

I know its a continuum of shades of grey by all politicians but Cameron does seem to have a problem with ethics imo - Clarkson, Schapps and this incident this week alone.

Course you can't . Bloke critical of torys for taking donations from Mayfair Hedge Funds, then takes a donation from Mayfair Hedge fund boss. Absolutely no double standards there at all. Sir Alistair Graham ex chairman of standards committee disagrees with your view. He said this morning that they were open to charges of hypocrisy over the receipt and also the declaration of the donation.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who donates to whom, but once you're critical of your opponent for receiving money from a particular sector , its a bit rich to do so yourself.

Course you can't . Bloke critical of torys for taking donations from Mayfair Hedge Funds, then takes a donation from Mayfair Hedge fund boss. Absolutely no double standards there at all. Sir Alistair Graham ex chairman of standards committee disagrees with your view. He said this morning that they were open to charges of hypocrisy over the receipt and also the declaration of the donation.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who donates to whom, but once you're critical of your opponent for receiving money from a particular sector , its a bit rich to do so yourself.

There is a clear distinction here, DH and I'm surprised that you can't see it. The donors from Hedge Funds to the Conservatives do it as a bribe to the party that will best protect their interests and offer reduced tax rates to the wealthiest people (them) in return.

The Labour supporting Hedge Fund manager donor to the Labour Party does so purely out of his unselfish concern for people less well off than himself, so it is solely an altruistic action with no personal motive. Mind you, he should have made the donation anonymously to avoid these unfounded accusations of hypocrisy that have been levelled at Ed Balls.

Charges of hypocrisy levelled against top Labour politicians are nothing new. Over the past decades they have damned private education and health care while availing themselves and their families of it.

So you didn't read the article in full, including the statement from the donor then.

I read various statements including the one from Alister Graham the person who had the job of judging mp's donations and standards . I'll go with his opinion .

As would I. Here's what he said:

"Sir Alistair Graham, the former chair of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, told the Bureau of Investigative Journalism: “Recent events surrounding donations to political parties suggest a review of the current legislation is long overdue. There is a need to tighten the rules to ensure the fullest transparency about donors who are making donations over a given sum (say £5,000 compared with the current £7,500), so the public can know where exactly the money is coming from and what it is intended to achieve.”

Especially when it's alleged that people are circumventing the rules and it is being reported today that Mr Clegg may have done something similar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31996192

As would I. Here's what he said:

"Sir Alistair Graham, the former chair of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, told the Bureau of Investigative Journalism: “Recent events surrounding donations to political parties suggest a review of the current legislation is long overdue. There is a need to tighten the rules to ensure the fullest transparency about donors who are making donations over a given sum (say £5,000 compared with the current £7,500), so the public can know where exactly the money is coming from and what it is intended to achieve.”

Especially when it's alleged that people are circumventing the rules and it is being reported today that Mr Clegg may have done something similar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31996192

Funny how you missed out the "hypocrisy " part of his quote.

I lifted his quote IN IT'S ENTIRETY from the link I posted above

But in the same interview he said that labour were "Open to the charge of hypocrisy " , that's establishment speak for double standards . I thought it was strange you made no mention of that .

In other news people supported by Abbott , Livingston and red Ken the union man , frightened Nigel's wife and kids in his local today . Nigel is one politician that doesn't use his children and it's disgraceful that rent a mob disrupted his lunchtime in his local . I bet it 80 kippers had turned up and ruined Dave's chipping norton sets suppers the media would be having a field day.

But in the same interview he said that labour were "Open to the charge of hypocrisy " , that's establishment speak for double standards . I thought it was strange you made no mention of that .

In other news people supported by Abbott , Livingston and red Ken the union man , frightened Nigel's wife and kids in his local today . Nigel is one politician that doesn't use his children and it's disgraceful that rent a mob disrupted his lunchtime in his local . I bet it 80 kippers had turned up and ruined Dave's chipping norton sets suppers the media would be having a field day.

Forgive me - I've read the HuffPost link that I posted 4 times now and I still don't see the quote you attribute to Sir Alistair Graham. Perhaps you'd point me to where he said this.

I've also read a lot of press reports about the Farage incident. I see no mention of Abbott, Livingston et al being involved. Can you show me where this has been said please?

Firstly I've had a Farage type lunchtime so you'll have to excuse any grammatical errors.

The huffingtin post article is nothing to do with my original post on the subject . You posted it as a defence of labour double standards . Are you trying to say that Graham didn't use the words " labour is open to the charge of hypocrisy over this " ?

The people who disrupted Nigel's family " claim" on their web site support from those named. It's all over twitter . They clearly weren't there, but support these scumbags. Why is the lefts belief in free speech conditional ? Nigel may say thongs that are unpalatable to some , but he has the right to say it and he has the right to have a Sunday lunch with his family .

Their website is standuptoukip.org

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I'll make allowances for your liquid lunch Lord D, although the bit 'Nigel may say THONGS that are unpalatable...' did make me chuckle.

With regard to the hedge fund issue, I wasn't 'defending' anything - merely posting a report in a newspaper that sought to demonstrate that this particular hedge fund manager appeared to be quite honest in explaining how far removed he was from the perceived views of hedge fund managers. I then quoted Sir Alistair Graham and I couldn't understand why you were saying I'd missed bits out.

We were obviously at cross purposes here. However, I'm glad you concede that Abbott / Livingstone etc weren't involved in the Farage incident.

I'll make allowances for your liquid lunch Lord D, although the bit 'Nigel may say THONGS that are unpalatable...' did make me chuckle.

With regard to the hedge fund issue, I wasn't 'defending' anything - merely posting a report in a newspaper that sought to demonstrate that this particular hedge fund manager appeared to be quite honest in explaining how far removed he was from the perceived views of hedge fund managers. I then quoted Sir Alistair Graham and I couldn't understand why you were saying I'd missed bits out.

We were obviously at cross purposes here. However, I'm glad you concede that Abbott / Livingstone etc weren't involved in the Farage incident.

They may not be involved in that particular incident, bit they lend their name to the campaign that did. I was totally against all that Michael foot and his ilk stood for , but I would defend his free speech every single day. I just don't get why lefties and Tory wets are sio offended by ukip . There is a cigarette paper between ukip immigration policy and the establishment policy for non eu citizens . Surely it's inconceivable that having restrictions on everyone is racist , whereas resteriions on everyone bar 27 countries is not . Every single party advocates restrictions on immigrants , why is ukip's the only racist one ?

What were people protesting about that requires chasing him, his kids and jumping on his car?

Just saying on LBC that farage will probably now get tax funded protection in the rest of the run up to the election.

Edited by Batman

There is a clear distinction here, DH and I'm surprised that you can't see it. The donors from Hedge Funds to the Conservatives do it as a bribe to the party that will best protect their interests and offer reduced tax rates to the wealthiest people (them) in return.

The Labour supporting Hedge Fund manager donor to the Labour Party does so purely out of his unselfish concern for people less well off than himself, so it is solely an altruistic action with no personal motive. Mind you, he should have made the donation anonymously to avoid these unfounded accusations of hypocrisy that have been levelled at Ed Balls.

Charges of hypocrisy levelled against top Labour politicians are nothing new. Over the past decades they have damned private education and health care while availing themselves and their families of it.

Its now being reported that Hedge fund GLC donated 16k to Ed's leadership campaign in 2010. It is also noted that this particular hedge fund is registered in the tax haven of Bermuda.

Its also breaking that the fund headed by martin Taylor , whose donations were selflessly given for the good of the country. Nevsky Capital has $15 million invested in the shares of the US private healthcare giant United Health, which is bidding for NHS contracts…

Of course there is no double standards in claiming the Torys are the party of Mayfair Hedge funds and tax avoiders , whilst taking 16k from a Mayfair hedge fund that avoids tax. And absolutely no double standards in claiming the Torys want to privatise the NHS for their friends to bid for, whilst accepting money from the boss of a hedge fund bidding for NHS contracts, none at all.

Heard something on the radio the other day about trends in political parties...Probably something we already know anyway

The main thing that stood out....

Labour always, always claim to be be the saviours of the NHS from the Tory party, who want to privatise it.

The Torys have been in power long enough since the creation of the NHS and they have never ever looked like doing so.

More privatisation of the NHS has actually happened under a labour government than by anyone else, ever......

Labour will continue to say they are the saviours of the NHS

Heard something on the radio the other day about trends in political parties...Probably something we already know anyway

The main thing that stood out....

Labour always, always claim to be be the saviours of the NHS from the Tory party, who want to privatise it.

The Torys have been in power long enough since the creation of the NHS and they have never ever looked like doing so.

More privatisation of the NHS has actually happened under a labour government than by anyone else, ever......

Labour will continue to say they are the saviours of the NHS

Yep, those nasty Tories have increased "privatisation" (sic) by 1% over the last 5 years...

2523A87B00000578-0-image-a-1_1422446405140.jpg

It depends on how you define 'privatisation of NHS services'. Does this graph show / include non-clinical services such as catering, cleaning, maintenance, portering? Does it include using private hospitals (at no charge to the patient) for elective surgery in order to reduce waiting times?

Or does it solely show outsourcing of clinical services such as oncology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics?

Because the distinction is important.

Yep, those nasty Tories have increased "privatisation" (sic) by 1% over the last 5 years...

2523A87B00000578-0-image-a-1_1422446405140.jpg

Super. You accept privatisation is a bad thing then? That might be progress. It's not f**king Bill Murray out of Groundhog Day, that's for sure.