Hands Off Campaign

Batman

Its in the Mail. Basically it highlights the crazy 'grabbing' that goes on in the box during corners.

About the the FA acted. Skertl, is probably the worst I have seen. But all the top clubs are at it and seem to get away with it, while shawcross didnt.

I dont recall our players being so bad at it. Didnt Fonte get done at arsenal last year?

It is about time Refs showed any sort of consistency.

Koeman was asked about this during yesterdays pre-match press conference and IIRC he highlighted that its not something we set out to do. Indeed, I think he said we actively encourage our defenders not to do it. I'll have to listen back to remind myself what he actually said but it was along those lines.

Edited by trousers

Koemam was asked about this during yesterdays pre-match press conference and IIRC he highlighted that its not something we set out to do.

The united v Chelsea game when the two chelsea players were in headlocks...How can BOTH officials at that end of the pitch fail to see either of them? they are either completely incompetent or too scared to give the decision

I think Koeman said that if the FA instructed officials to crack down on it there could be 10 penalties a game, but he'll be interested to see if they do anything.

only for for the first few weeks, then they will start to get the message. The managers would have something to blame for losing.

I say do it, either that or have Velcro seams to their shirts so if anyone does grab it, they come away with a handful of shirt and are bang to rights

The united v Chelsea game when the two chelsea players were in headlocks...How can BOTH officials at that end of the pitch fail to see either of them? they are either completely incompetent or too scared to give the decision

There's a LOT going on at corners, and if you didn't see the beginning of an incident but just caught the end of it you're unlikely to feel confident on who caused it. Lino has got to be looking for anybody offside when somebody connects with the ball.

only for for the first few weeks, then they will start to get the message. The managers would have something to blame for losing.

I say do it, either that or have Velcro seams to their shirts so if anyone does grab it, they come away with a handful of shirt and are bang to rights

There was a tale of somewhere, might have been Spain or even in the conference leagues here, where one team had noticed how one defender in one team did this grabbing and got away with it week in week out despite it being a penalty just about every time he did it but the officials just waved it away. So this one team had some of those woven paper shirts made to look exactly like the team shirt. The ball goes into the box and the pushing and shoving starts and the striker walks out of the melee with a hole in his shirt after a few corners and free kicks the striker walking away from this particular defender looks like his shirt has been in a fight with a Tiger the ref tells him to change his shirt, which he duly does after 2 more skirmishes in the box the striker has most of the bottom of his shirt missing and tattered sleeves at which the Referee books him for not being properly attired. The ref calls the manager and the player in at half time to tell them to ensure the striker remains properly attired during the second half or he is off, to which the manager tells him to do his job and take action on the player ripping the shirt in the first place or he will be filing his own report.

Second half the striker goes out on the pitch with a proper shirt on, ball into box: penalty. Again ball into the box: penalty yellow card. Once more: penalty, yellow card and early shower.

i wish I could remember where I heard this from, might have been from one of my Dutch friends.

Some of you may recall the evening we gave Man Utd a real workout at Old Trafford, with SAF being very complimentary post match, in the first half Rickies shirt was ripped from the V neck to the his breast plate after the endless close attention of Vidic, but despite the rip the officials just seemed to wave off the endless fouling on Lambert by Vidic.

In the Man U v Chelsea game the officials must have been in the land of confusion as not knowing who to take action on as both teams get the favourable decision week in week out for the rest of the season for the same offence: especially John Terry.