Old boys

doddisalegend

Feeling a bit bored tonight so was looking around the bbc football checking out the lower leagues spotted a few Saints old boys

I see Michail Antonio is ranked third in the championship top scorers table with seven league goals, for Notts Forest, this season

Jonathan Forte now plays for Oldham and is leagues ones second highest scorer with 11 goals this season

Finally Lee Barnard has now been loaned out from Southend to Stevenage having scored 1 goal this season

Barnard's career has really gone down the pan since leaving us never thought Jonno quick would be better than Lee Barnard. Good to see Antonio doing well always thought he was better than some people gave him credit for.

I watched Antonio play for Reading reserves against us in 2009 which incidentally was Papa Waigo's first runout. He was the stand out performer.

It is a shame he didn't come to us permanently after that 09/10 season. Not saying he would have made it as a Prem player, but would have had a better shot.

I watched Antonio play for Reading reserves against us in 2009 which incidentally was Papa Waigo's first runout. He was the stand out performer.

It is a shame he didn't come to us permanently after that 09/10 season. Not saying he would have made it as a Prem player, but would have had a better shot.

Too expensive I believe, didn't they want £1m pounds for him? How times change :)

We were prepared to buy Antonio, but after Reading thought we had honed him into a good player (no one can deny he wasn't a bit exciting in a Saints shirt) they had him back off loan gave him a new contract and then just let him fester in the Reading FC backwater we had freed him from for a while.

I always thought it was a shame for him, but pleased he got a Wembley cup final appearance and a goal too, even if it was the JPT there are 1000's of players who will never experience that: especially in front of 55,000 fans.

We were prepared to buy Antonio, but after Reading thought we had honed him into a good player (no one can deny he wasn't a bit exciting in a Saints shirt) they had him back off loan gave him a new contract and then just let him fester in the Reading FC backwater we had freed him from for a while.

I always thought it was a shame for him, but pleased he got a Wembley cup final appearance and a goal too, even if it was the JPT there are 1000's of players who will never experience that: especially in front of 55,000 fans.

For a guy he came from non-league football, rather than the academy system, he has had a decent career so far Wembley cup final and played for Saints, Sheffield Wednesday and Notts Forest all decent sized clubs. Forest have gone of the boil a bit now but he still might make it to the PL with them.