Leicester Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

With all the talk of songs for Koeman and Morgan, it would fantastic to hear tributes to Markus Liebherr from a sell out crowd.

i don't think you'll need to worry about that, with the minutes silence for all saints day planned as well i am sure his name will be sung many times, we should add Kat to it as well, she has continued what he started (considering ML has been gone since summer 2010 you could argue Kat deserves as much credit for carrying on)

I am pleased we have the ML tribute at the training ground and Ted Bates statue at the ground.

any team news yet for Saturday?

haven't heard much about Jay Rodriguez and Ward-Prowse recently - any idea when they could be back?

Met a Leicester fan today. He thinks they will lose, and lose badly.

Sell out game, pessimistic away fans, expectant home fans...

Feels like it could be a banana skin :)

Hmmm 5-1 loss, Schmeichel getting the 5th with a punt downfield. And it'll p!ss with rain.

Is the press conference not today? keen to know team news etc

No announcement yet. Usually 3pm (ish) on Thursdays for Saturday games at home. Unusual not to have announced it yet though. Perhaps there's a technical issue with the new press conference suite at the training ground (which I believe they are supposed to be using from this week onwards, rather than hot footing it across town to the St Mary's media room )

:)

Edited by trousers

No announcement yet. Usually 3pm (ish) on Thursdays for Saturday games at home. Unusual not to have announced it yet though. Perhaps there's a technical issue with the new press conference suite at the training ground (which I believe they are supposed to be using from this week onwards, rather than hot footing it across town to the St Mary's media room )

:)

From the Villa game onwards according to this...

This new media suite will be the permanent base for the press conference and media duties of club officials after the international break.

http://connorarmstrong.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/an-evening-at-staplewood-tour-of-markus.html

My third home match in a row - hope it's as enjoyable as the last two!

Interesting stats I have heard:

85% of teams with 22 or more points after ten games have reached the Champions League.

Only two with this amount (Wigan and City) have ever dropped out of the top six.

RK

No new injury worries

We have had a good pre season. We have a good conditional programme. We have time to put in good training sessions due to no european football

we are winning and that makes it easier to keep going.

The new facilities of the training centre are important

Best Training ground of all my manager jobs

We are famous for our academy we must develop them

Enjoy the facilities very much

Two horse race for title, Chelsea and city are more stronger over a whole season. We can beat them in one game but they are stronger

We know what our ambitions are and we go game by game

Our fixtures in the next 6 weeks we will look forward to and we will see where we are after that

Leicester will be a tough game

we are a strong team at home so far. Fans love how we play football. Players feed off the fans and they are delighted with the sell out

We will do everything to get 3 points

Enjoy this job very much. Winning makes that easy

no truth in the link with dybela

we are proud with the number of international players we now have. It is good for them to learn about that style of football

We expect the players back in good shape but we cant control that

tadic is fantastic. Great player, lot of technical quality and an important player for us

we dont think about one player to nullify, we try to beat their system. Cambiasso is very experienced. Important player for them

we respect our opponents.

We are strong at home, we have to dominate them on saturday

our next step in playing in europe. Everyone wants it at the club, We can reach it.

5 graduates from our academy in the england squad. We know we have a great academy We are famous for it.

We are continuing from last season with some changes. A lot of effort by many people to help us to this good run

confidence around the staff is growing

a lot of planning went on to get where we are so far. so many small details had to be sorted

Yes, have changed as a manager. More experiences mean you change and grow and learned from mistakes in the past

I have made a lot of mistakes as a manager before

too old to take free kicks sessions myself. Its good for the players that I have played at the very highest level. I can show them, I can pass on experiences

that was about it

I will start the match with my genetic expectations of Saints somehow losing.

Now, in all normal respects, I am a total sceptic about such things as superstitions. However, if Saints do screw up this match, I will be demanding the instant return of the lucky Marcus staff to it's former location.

I will start the match with my genetic expectations of Saints somehow losing.

Now, in all normal respects, I am a total sceptic about such things as superstitions. However, if Saints do screw up this match, I will be demanding the instant return of the lucky Marcus staff to it's former location.

We will lose Dean Hammond the avenger is going to score a perfect hat trick as he dominates Morgan and Davis. Dean will start the game by staring down Victor, who will curl up in a ball and cry for his mummy, before putting in the performance of his life. After he scores his third goal he will run up to the Northam lift his shirt to reveal the message " you should have kept me".................

;)

Has anyone mentioned Tadic being nominated for player of the month? Or we blasé about these things now... ;)

I saw that. One outstanding game and stiff competition means he probably won't win it though. Aguero will probably get it, though Sakho did score in every game.

My first visit this season, coming in from Austria and looking forward to it very much. Happy just to soak up the atmosphere and regardless of the result I cant help but being excited about the games to come. After Leicester 3 of the next 4 are evening kick offs with all that entails and in between, City at home for a lunchtime special, fantastic.

My third home match in a row - hope it's as enjoyable as the last two!

Interesting stats I have heard:

85% of teams with 22 or more points after ten games have reached the Champions League.

Only two with this amount (Wigan and City) have ever dropped out of the top six.

Were we to get maximum points from the next two games, I wonder what the stats are for teams with 28 points after 12 games.

Let's get the points first!

We are going to lose horribly, completely embarrassed and start a run of appalling form. I'm so sure of this I will be betting heavily on the foxes to demolish us whilst covering every draw up to 3-3. Right hopefully that balances out the previous optimism and I can now go watch the game with hope of not breaking my duck and winning anything at the bet shop.

Looking forward to giving Dean Hammond a good reception. One of my favourite players in the last 5 years.

Still remember that sublime left footed goal v Leeds - was it the first game of the promoted Championship season? I didn't expect to see DH playing in the Prem but good luck to him. Also wish Nigel P. all-the-best too; got a rough deal from the duck hunter. I'd be happy to see the Foxes go on a run after an emphatic defeat at St Marys.

Great work to all those going... The support for this team has been massive all season and the chants, singing and general good mood from the Saints fans has been coming over clear as a bell on the ol' idiot box. Can generally only hear one set of supporters ( even away )

3-1 To The Saints. Pelle (2) , Davis to finally score (1)

Spot on Pap. Tough times for them and although its just a few, leics fans seem to be starting to turn against him. Top bloke for us

He needs a bit more fight! Nigel never seemed to let it get the better of him when he was going through tough times. Even reading the poem was ballsy.

Koeman's identified the risks tomorrow, Leicester's defensive setup, by implication Pelle tightly marked so goals necessary from midfield, and above all weight of expectation. He hasn't sought to play it down. It's there now and he's challenged the players to deal with it. The crowd has a big part to play tomorrow. It's happened before; a large expectant crowd, no early goal and the crowd gets frustrated. Important that the crowd gets behind the team and stays behind the team. It could make all the difference.

Even Nigel Pearson seems to accept that Leicester will lose but as Koeman has said, once-off games can go either way and every opponent has to be taken very seriously. That's why I'm confident we will win but it will only be a substantial score if some of our players do better at taking the goal chances. Even Mané and Pelle missed sitters last week but I'm sure they will have been offered some advice.....

I saw that. One outstanding game and stiff competition means he probably won't win it though. Aguero will probably get it, though Sakho did score in every game.

Spot on

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 26 minutes ago

West Ham striker Diafra Sakho wins PL Player of the Month #SSNHQ

my calculations incorporate all factors such as black and brown holes, dinosaur chaos math + bits of string theory

Edit: I also multiply everything by 10 until floating point operandi or whatever it was

Good man. Why even bother with tracking two parts of a number when one very large number, which can be divided back down, will do?

People today, Bear.