Pelle Suspension

Guan 2.0

If Graziano manages to make it to the Burnley game without another yellow, could he serve out a tactical suspension during the League cup match?

Only if he is unlucky enough to get booked during the game with Burnley ;)

We had a similar situation with (?Trotter) and the cup game away at (?Bristol Rovers) I can't remember who it was exactly. Normally the player would not have been given permission to play for us because he would have been cup tied but was suspended from the next first team game which would have been the league game following the one in the cup. However his parent club gave us permission to play him in the cup knowing that he was suspended anyway and so he 'worked off' his suspension.

Or something like that.

You're not suggesting that he deliberately get's booked are you?

Of course not. ;) Just "accidentally" swear at the referee long enough to pick up a yellow. I recall something similar in a world cup group match. The team won the first match, and was winning the second, which already guaranteed progression to the knockout stage. Their star player was on one yellow from the first match (I think it may have been Stoichkov for Bulgaria), and so spent the last fifteen minutes swearing and arguing with the referee. He finally got his second yellow, and left at the end smirking, knowing that his suspension was for a dead rubber.

Back to Pelle. If he does it, I think it's a great idea, and poetic justice for the ridiculous rule that cautions in cup matches are mixed with those from the league.

If Graziano manages to make it to the Burnley game without another yellow, could he serve out a tactical suspension during the League cup match?

Yes, but hardly worthwhile is it. If he could make it that far then why not just wait another 3 games and the suspension threat lapses anyway. Seems more likely that he would get booked long before the Burnley game. If it was down to me I would tell him to take off his shirt when he scores his 3rd goal against Leicester on Saturday and get it over with. Then tell him never to be so stupid again.

Only if he is unlucky enough to get booked during the game with Burnley ;)

We had a similar situation with (?Trotter) and the cup game away at (?Bristol Rovers) I can't remember who it was exactly. Normally the player would not have been given permission to play for us because he would have been cup tied but was suspended from the next first team game which would have been the league game following the one in the cup. However his parent club gave us permission to play him in the cup knowing that he was suspended anyway and so he 'worked off' his suspension.

Or something like that.

Gone are them days. It's corrupt as you like now!