Ginger master of the Baize

tpbury

Nicking Billy****e's term, but I think it is time to evaluate and celebrate Norn Iron's captain, though I am sure it has been done a lot before - why not again?

Industry. Cleverness. Speed. Throughballs. Crossing. Utter bastard midfielder. (we'll work on the goals).

Love him!!!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/30/steven-davis-the-grey-man-and-how-he-is-vital-to-southampton-4713511/

Can't believe he's already made 83 apps for us! I don't remember him having a bad game in that time, is amazing for the team, and I am always surprised by how good his skills are (Shouldn't be surprised after 80+ games, but every time he pulls off a little flick or neat turn or something I find myself thinking "Oh, I forgot he could do that!". Love having him in the team.

6 goals for us so far according to Wiki, I thought he'd gotten more than that. Think it was City away and then home, a couple at Barnsley, one at home to Hull - who was the other one against?

I still don't quite get why he doesn't score goals this season. Did it ok last year, but every time he's through there's a sort of 'oh it's him' moment now. Does everything else very well, very quietly.

Presume the above article is agent talk as January is coming. Davis never seems to be linked to anyone.

Let's keep him under the radar...

I guess he's Davis' agent. But I only linked something from Saints Australian Supporters!

Isn't that a rehash of exactly the same article that appeared in the Evening Standard last week by someone else??

Presume the above article is agent talk as January is coming. Davis never seems to be linked to anyone.

Let's keep him under the radar...

Article is from Wednesday 30 Apr 2014 10:53 am....

Nicking Billy****e's term, but I think it is time to evaluate and celebrate Norn Iron's captain, though I am sure it has been done a lot before - why not again?

Industry. Cleverness. Speed. Throughballs. Crossing. Utter bastard midfielder. (we'll work on the goals).

Love him!!!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/30/steven-davis-the-grey-man-and-how-he-is-vital-to-southampton-4713511/

That article was written last season. Davis is actually much better this season, and really is the driving force behind much of what we do now. His workrate and energy are phenomenal and his eye for a pass. If only he could be more ruthless with his chances.

Great link then, thumbs up to the original post.

:mcinnes:

Fair dos. You know we get internet by steamer over here?

Fact is, it is still relevant, no-one raves about him now, 7 months later. He is a monster and is trying his finishing boots on (ie vs Hull) . They will soon fit!

I appreciate Steven Davis very much but I hope he's not worrying that he needs to score more goals himself as that could affect his contribution to team effort. I hope he's had a talking to this week after the last minute of the Hull game when he could have set up Jack Cork for a better scoring chance but instead of a simple pass, he blasted over from further out. I doubt that Tadic would have done that. Its goals that count, not who scores them.

the underrated player who everyone rates! Still prob #1 in the most likely to be left out of predicted line-ups stakes tho, and in my cold, dark heart i still think he's prob the most easy first XI player to upgrade.

I hope he's had a talking to this week after the last minute of the Hull game when he could have set up Jack Cork for a better scoring chance but instead of a simple pass, he blasted over from further out.

nah that was smart move, thunder it into crowd + game over. Remember ye well, crouch vs everton!

Excellent player and a real worker, without him the "star" players, everyone gets excited about, just would not shine so brightly in the team.

Said it a million times, Lawrie Mac's blueprint for a good team was to make it up from Violinists and Roadsweepers. You could eat your dinner off the street Steven Davis keeps clean.

The sort of player most fans under rate but his team mates love playing with. Just wish he could shoot!

He's come close from range a few times this season including hitting the bar against west ham i think. Just hasn't quite clicked for him. He should end the season on 5 or more goals with the goalscoring exploits of this team.

I appreciate Steven Davis very much but I hope he's not worrying that he needs to score more goals himself as that could affect his contribution to team effort. I hope he's had a talking to this week after the last minute of the Hull game when he could have set up Jack Cork for a better scoring chance but instead of a simple pass, he blasted over from further out. I doubt that Tadic would have done that. Its goals that count, not who scores them.

Isn't it great, how we all now consider Jack Cork to be a goal scoring midfielder!