Weekends other games - 8/9 Nov

Batman

Copied from the other thread because I didn't know we were starting a new thread for this every week:

We've got a 7 point lead on anyone outside the top 5. The only teams outside that group that I think can go on a storming run and climb the table are Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham. One of them is certainly going to click at some point, maybe Liverpool when Sturridge is fit or Man Utd when they can field a back four who are playing in their preferred positions. If we're going to stay in that top 5 group we want to see West Ham dropping away (probably replaced by Liverpool / United) and the other three / two to continue drawing / losing.

Oh and we need to keep winning.

So this weekend:

Sat 8 Nov 2014 - Premier League

Liverpool v Chelsea Draw

Burnley v Hull Hopefully irrelevant but I'd like Burnley to get a win out of pity.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace Away win

Southampton v Leicester COYR! Home win

West Ham v Aston Villa Away win

QPR v Man City Home win

Sun 9 Nov 2014 - Premier League

Sunderland v Everton Home win

Tottenham v Stoke Away win

West Brom v Newcastle Draw

Swansea v Arsenal Draw

As Saint_Tony said, top 4 is unrealistic IMO unless we win this weekend and Liverpool City Spurs Man Utd Everton Arsenal West Ham all fail to win, so we have a massive gap going into our tough fixtures, however a top 6 finish after all our good results, ideally and with no fantasy results, we can really push away Swansea and Liverpool this weekend and potentially West Ham could slip up.

Liverpool lose or draw to Chelsea

West Ham Draw vs Villa (cant see Villa winning away)

Sunderland draw or beat Everton.

Swansea lose or draw to Arsenal.

I have always thought that if every other game ended in a draw, as long as we win then that has to be the ideal scenario. We are then +2 points on every other team out there!

So this weekend:

Sat 8 Nov 2014 - Premier League

Liverpool v Chelsea Draw 0-0

Burnley v Hull Draw 0-0

Man Utd v Crystal Palace Draw 1-1

Southampton v Leicester COYR! Home win 9-0

West Ham v Aston Villa Draw 0-0

QPR v Man City Draw 0-0

Sun 9 Nov 2014 - Premier League

Sunderland v Everton Draw 1-1

Tottenham v Stoke Draw 1-1

West Brom v Newcastle Draw 1-1

Swansea v Arsenal Draw 0-0

As Saint_Tony said, top 4 is unrealistic IMO unless we win this weekend and Liverpool City Spurs Man Utd Everton Arsenal West Ham all fail to win, so we have a massive gap going into our tough fixtures, however a top 6 finish after all our good results, ideally and with no fantasy results, we can really push away Swansea and Liverpool this weekend and potentially West Ham could slip up.

Liverpool lose or draw to Chelsea

West Ham Draw vs Villa (cant see Villa winning away)

Sunderland draw or beat Everton.

Swansea lose or draw to Arsenal.

I think 4 points from the next 2 games is a necessity in order to give us a cushion before the city/ars/utd games. But then let's not assume we won't get any points from those games. I'd hope for 2/3, a couple of draws would probably still keep us in 4th.

Liverpool v Chelsea. Would love a Chelsea win. Again, talksport this morning were praising rogers for keeping it at 1-0 in Madrid this morning....really?

I fancy QPR to maybe nick a point again city.

Pfft, we should be treating Liverpool like every other midtable side. Let the lower sides beat everyone in the top 4 except us, and us beat all the lower sides, try and pick up as many points as possible against those around us in the top positions, and we're laughing.

We should all want Liverpool to beat Chelsea, until Liverpool are nearer us than Chelsea are.

We won't win the league and won't finish above Chelsea. We might finish above Liverpool. Therefore I want Chelsea to win.

This. Already it feels like in order for Liverpool to get top four, they need to overtake us. Anything that builds the gap between us and them is just dandy. Chelsea can run away with the title for all I care.

We won't win the league and won't finish above Chelsea. We might finish above Liverpool. Therefore I want Chelsea to win.

Quite. Given that we are not in a relegation battle and that Chelsea and Man City are pretty much definite to finsihs above us then.... given that we are aiming for 4th, surely the priorities are in this order:

1) saints win

2) Chelsea and man city win

3) Everyone else in the top half lose

4) QPR lose (we all need to feed on the hate)

5) don't care

Former England winger Chris Waddle

BBC Radio 5 live at Anfield

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Posted at

"Dejan Lovren is having an absolute nightmare. If we're talking about changes Liverpool might make then Brendan Rodgers has to be looking at Kolo Toure coming on. Last week at St James' Park Lovren was very poor as well. Today he has been all over the shop. His decision making has been very poor. You can see why Liverpool leak goals."

:lol:

love this from the bbc

When Charlie Austin isn't banging them in, he's setting them up. QPR win a 50-50 ball in midfield through Eduardo Vargas who spreads play out wide to Austin. A sensational cross comes in from the right and City defender Martin Demichelis, under pressure from Bobby Zamora, turns it past his own keeper. Jose must be laughing into his red wine. And Ronald, for that matter.

Watched the last half an hour of the Man City game. They weren't all that.

world class players are a rarity and City have one in Aguero who really is outstanding and is carrying them. Spurs had one in Bale and couldn't replace him and the same with Suarez and Liverpool. It just shows you can have all the money in the world but genuine world class players who can change games in a second are almost priceless as there aren't very many of them about