PES 2015

BlakeySFC

Anyone getting this?

I'd been playing quite a lot of FIFA 15 online up until about 2 weeks ago, when 1 game online I suddenly realised it was literally just like ping-pong, people were just spamming the L1 + Triangle or Triangle through-ball/lobbed through-ball button ad-nauseum, it was like I had no midfield whatsoever, midfielders are almost entirely redundent in the game.

After this I played the PES 2015 demo about after hearing glowing reports of the game and, needless to say, I wasn't dissappointed, the gameplay is absolutely phonomenal, and, in my opinion, feels much more like a Football game than FIFA has done for years now, I was building up play from the back with intricate one/two-touch passes between my defenders and then midfielders until I was in range of goal and then I'd try and do a one-two between strikers to get myself in on goal, phonomenal stuff.

This will be my first PES game since PES 2008...

Anyway, it's out Thursday, just wondering if there's any others that are returning to PES after a long-abscence?

Edited by BlakeySFC

Anyone getting this?

I'd been playing quite a lot of FIFA 15 online up until about 2 weeks ago, when 1 game online I suddenly realised it was literally just like ping-pong, people were just spamming the L1 + Triangle or Triangle through-ball/lobbed through-ball button ad-nauseum, it was like I had no midfield whatsoever, midfielders are almost entirely redundent in the game.

You play Fifa wrong, keep hold of the ball and this doesnt happen.

You play Fifa wrong, keep hold of the ball and this doesnt happen.

It's all well and good saying 'keep hold of the ball' but this is quite a difficult thing to do on FIFA (and most football games in general), especially when playing online.

In PES you can slowly build it up from the back, through the midfield and utilise wingers and strikers properly to score the goals, you can also use adaptive formations that change whether you're in posession of the ball or not.

PES is the superior game this year, just try the demo if you want to see it with your own eyes ;)

Edited by BlakeySFC

So you never lose posession of the ball? You just pass it about and then eventually walk it into the opponents goal every time? :lol:

No but regularly have at least 65% and rarely lose - its amusing that you slag a game off due to not being able to play it. :lol:

Edited by Lorne Malvo

No but regularly have at least 65% and rarely lose - its amusing that you slag a game off due to not being able to play it. :lol:

Was never trying to slag off FIFA, FIFA 15 is a great game...I just think some people may prefer PES 2015 this year for the first time in AGES, give the demo a go, report back to me, you never know you might like it ;)

Anyway....spent about 8 hours with this about 10 days ago before AC:Unity came out.

Really, REALLY impressed with it, it is just a phenomenal Football game, it really is.

Yesterday the servers weren't up yet so I couldn't do anything online so just messed about with all the various competition modes you can do (Copa Sudamerica, Copa Libertadores, Europa League, AFC Champs League, Champions League) to see what the diferent 'skins' are like so to speak and to see what the different difficulty levels are like, and how the AI ramps up.

Settled on Professional eventually, think it's just the right level for me but I was surprised that I could win a few games on Super Star.

Went back to it today and was able to log in to the servers for the first time, honestly opens up a whole nother half of the game. Started off by trying the netcode out in the 'Seasons' mode and it held up pretty well, started off with a couple of draws and then went on to record 3 wins.

After that I decided to try out PES' FUT Rival 'myClub', like FUT I found the Tutorial incredibly deep, complicated and confusing but once I was left to my own devices I figured things out quick enough, all works similarly to FUT really but I found it a bit simpler really after I'd got used to things, there didn't seem quite as many menus/option windows but maybe that was just me.

As part of the Day 1 Pack you get with a pre-order I got a guaranteed UEFA Team of the Year player to use in myClub, it is luck of the draw which one you get, I got David Alaba (Bayern) rated 87 which is pretty damn good, but I would've loved an amazing striker like Ibrahimovic or something but it's no big deal, I got a pretty good AMF right off the bat and bought a decent-ish goalkeeper and striker with my GP points I had accumulated and got from the pre-order bonus pack.

Incredibly impressed by it so far anyway, the only thing I'm struggling with is the defending in my own box, I'm never quite sure what the best tactic is to tackle and get the ball out of there ASAP but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

It is funny that some of my old tricks I used to do to score 'cheap' goals back in 2007 still work though :lol: good ol' PES!

Edited by BlakeySFC

• 1 month later...