The Official History Of The Saints - Made by Meridian Films 1990

yellow&blue

The Official History Of The Saints - Made by Meridian Films 1990

I have uploaded this from my VHS collection as it has sadly never been released on DVD since, and I am sure that as it's now 24 years since it was made, there is sure to be a generation of Saints fans who have never seen it before and will appreciate Southampton FC's history.

[video=youtube_share;C_i7zDI75Jk]

Used to watch it non-stop as a nipper, used to know the interviews off by heart ha! Cracking video, good work getting it uploaded, well worth a watch for anyone that hasn't seen it before.

This!

"He was never fit though, Charlie....if he was a horse you'd shoot him!"

Glad you are enjoying it, I have always liked the video as it shows football in its more innocent and simplistic world when money didn't really matter as it was released a couple of years before The Premier League was formed.

Bit of pointless trivia for you - See if you can spot ex-Saint Neil Maddison walking past in the background of shot eating a burger while Nick Holmes is being interviewed!

Yeah thanks very much...I had the original VHS. Great content and interviews but one thing always drove me to distraction...the same piece of crowd reaction whenever a goal is scored. Listen to it...the end of the clip is badly edited and you can hear the commentator shout what should be "Awww what a great finish" and infact all you get is "Aw".:lol:

Some great memories there and good quality presentations for the times.

The semi-final defeat to Everton twisted the knife yet again but I just loved being reminded of the good times.

Loved the Keegan "goal" that never was. Armstrong should never have been ruled offside for that but what a way to make up for it. One of the most exciting games I have ever seen.

Yeah thanks very much...I had the original VHS. Great content and interviews but one thing always drove me to distraction...the same piece of crowd reaction whenever a goal is scored. Listen to it...the end of the clip is badly edited and you can hear the commentator shout what should be "Awww what a great finish" and infact all you get is "Aw".:lol:QUOTE]

Must have watched this about 100 times on VHS and only just noticed it now you've pointed it out!

Memories, memories ...if every one of our " young-er " fans watched this, it might go someway to understanding just what we raved about for decades past.

several nice touches ...the phrase " family club " used way back it the late 1940's. A bit more footage of Ron Davies and Terry Paine, Chivers and early-Le Tiss and even a few moments on the late Steve Mills.

True, we lacked consistancy in quite a few seasons, but when we hit real form we were almost world-beaters. Our record at The Dell v.Liverpool was always outstanding - even when they were Euro Champs.