JANUARY - Who will go, Who will stay and Who will arrive?

david in sweden

6 weeks to the January transfer window - and already the media are carrying out " their versions " of possible transfer deals - thick and fast.

It seems likely that we will sign 2 or 3 new players -perhaps more - but the big question has to be .....who will go?

Ramirez and Osvaldo will continue to be loaned out, either until their contracts run out, or some club is willing to buy them cheap.

Hooiveld and Yoshida are nearing the end of their contracts are will likely move on, as is Jack Cork (although his move would be somewhat regretable - unless re-signed soon.)

Boruc also close to the end of his contract, and surely one of the younger keepers (Cropper or Gazzaniga) will find themself - surplus to requirements.

Bruno Martins Indi is in the headlines (another Koeman favourite) , as well as the much-vaunted move of JayRod to Spuds - in exchange for - Harry Kane and Andros Townsend.

(on a personal level, I've never been convinced about Townsend, but Kane looks a good prospect.)

My own choice would be the Swedish-born John Guidetti (officially Man.City reserve) presently on loan to Celtic, who had a successful spell at Feyernoord under ---who else? - Ronald Koeman.

There is a lot of time until the end of January, and surely miles of newsprint forecasts to come before we get those answers, but already it looks like it'll be another " interesting " window.

My guess is it will include, at least, one we never expected to sign..... or even one or two we've never heard of.

It's good to see Guidetti getting his career back on track, I think most clubs are looking for him to have a strong period of 12-18 months before getting excited though. He has been beset by injuries and illnesses all over his career, so if he can lose that weakness then he can do it at a higher level for sure.

I hope we get Alderweild and Bertrand signed up permanently, if that's possible under the terms of their respective loans. I think we do need another attacker of some sort. Tadic, Pelle, Mane, and Long are a good group and add in JRod and that's very good. But we do not know whether JRod will come back to full tilt quickly or at all, and Mane is off for a month, so someone else may be the difference between top 4 and top 8. Shakiri seems to be available!!

The one area we're obviously at risk is goalkeeper if anything happens to Fraser. Paul Robinson sounds like he might be available. 35, loads of experience, still got a few years in him and would be happy to sit on the bench. Would depend on wages of course but I'd rather have him as back-up than Gazza and not heard much about Cropper to know if he's ready if called upon.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/forgotten-keeper-robinson-ready-quit-blackburn-january-4049092#.VGtVSL7A7ow

I think we are most likely to see permanent deals for TA and RB and possibly J Rod being sold. I've got a feeling Long was brought in with J Rod eventually leaving in mind.

Can't think why you would make that kind of association, doesn't make any sense at all, totally different players. Too naive to bass Long assessment on that 2-0 win the other day only. He's usually a winger.

Nobody. We are a happy club. No good players available in mid-season so no business to do.

Agree with this. If we can make loans permanent and not lose anyone we want to keep, will be fine.

Jrod will be going nowhere. Just like in the summer, ridiculous speculation over a badly injured player. The club have confirmed there was never any approach for him in the summer, and Jan will be the same. Too big a risk.

Agree with this. If we can make loans permanent and not lose anyone we want to keep, will be fine.

Jrod will be going nowhere. Just like in the summer, ridiculous speculation over a badly injured player. The club have confirmed there was never any approach for him in the summer, and Jan will be the same. Too big a risk.

This. All I want is for Jack Cork to be given a new contract.

I still think we need another option (or two) up front. We will suffer if Pelle ends up injured. None of or other options up front are really equivalent to Pelle and his centre forward play. Plus Mayuka isn't up to much and unlike some I'm not convinced Jrod is just going to walk back into the team and just pick up were he left off before his injury. With Mane going to Afcon and with what ever is going on with Sam Gallagher we could look very light up front after Christmas.

I still think we need another option (or two) up front. We will suffer if Pelle ends up injured. None of or other options up front are really equivalent to Pelle and his centre forward play. Plus Mayuka isn't up to much and unlike some I'm not convinced Jrod is just going to walk back into the team and just pick up were he left off before his injury. With Mane going to Afcon and with what ever is going on with Sam Gallagher we could look very light up front after Christmas.

that is why we spent 12m smackeroonies on shane long

The whole world's gone bonkers and I'm astonished david in Sweden's being caught up in the madness. We get Halloween at the end of August, Christmas mid September and January Transfers in early November. What is it with all the impatience and inability to live today now instead of the distant future.

that is why we spent 12m smackeroonies on shane long

What you think Shane Long could play the same role as Pelle? becuase I don't think Shane is really a CF in the Pelle style.

If Jrod doesn't get fit in time and Mane (and Mayuka?) goes off to Afcon we have Long and Pelle left as possible strikers if one of them get injured we are in trouble IMO

The whole world's gone bonkers and I'm astonished david in Sweden's being caught up in the madness.

We get Halloween at the end of August, Christmas mid September and January Transfers in early November.

What is it with all the impatience and inability to live today now instead of the distant future.

Thank you ART, I don't normally get involved in the trolling about transfers, but I guess the JayRod /Kane /Townsend media hype just got to me for once, and I tried to get a wider perspective.

I shall try to revert to type.

Schneiderlin to Spurs £25 million

Wanyama to Arsenal £18 million

Clyne to Man Utd £20 million

J Rod to Spurs £15 million

Pelle to Liverpool £12 million

Tadic to Liverpool £18 million

Forster to Liverpool £15 million

Those prices are way to low for the January transfer window.

I'm almost certain RK has lined up Jordy Classie as his replacement.

Wouldn't Classie be a replacement for Morgan or Victor both of who will most likely be off in the summer. Cork has proved he is an accomplished PL midfielder who we could tie down and keep for next season when several of our midfield do a runner to the big clubs next summer

I am assuming that those prices are what those clubs would like to pay for those players in their own little fantasy worlds. Tadic and Schneiderlin are the two who in particular could walk into pretty well any team here or in Europe, so the two most likely to command the highest fees raised upwards following a bidding war by the wealthiest clubs. As per our default position, we don't wish to sell them and we don't need to sell them, so the only sales will be based as before on ridiculous sums of money being offered, the offers that cannot be refused because they are so ludicrously high. We will identify replacements for any players who leave, who will cost a fraction of those they replace and be better players.

Those players we sell will then prove to be not as good without their Saints team mates and the buying club will wonder why they didn't buy the players that we have brought in as replacements.

I see that you have Liverpool down as prospective buyers of three of our players. So you don't think that they've learnt their lesson yet?

I think he is one of those who is really 45, not 25

don't joke - you maybe right.

There has been a bit of media coverage on " some African countries" who issue passports with " dubious birthdates " on them and some " very mature-looking" players have turned up in U21 sides.:scared:

The "lad" mentioned is a hit with AIK (Stockholm area club), and he's scored a few spectacular goals, but the general standard of Sweden's top division is not better than Championship standard.

What you think Shane Long could play the same role as Pelle? becuase I don't think Shane is really a CF in the Pelle style.

If Jrod doesn't get fit in time and Mane (and Mayuka?) goes off to Afcon we have Long and Pelle left as possible strikers if one of them get injured we are in trouble IMO

we are not going to get another 'pelle' to come here to play maybe 5 games this season without them being an absolute donkey

Shane long has played the CF role all his career and enough for us to spend £12m on him

he would be fine for a few games

We would need an extra body in attack though if Jay isnt going to be up to speed by Jan (or not even back playing) and Mane goes away for a month. If Pelle, Tadic and Long are the front 3 there is nothing behind it at all bar Isgrove or McQueen and with respect they arent going to win games of football to stay in the top 6.

No point jeopardising a brilliant start for the sake of a 6 month loan. Even a Sinclair or someone would do until Mane is back and JR fit.

We would need an extra body in attack though if Jay isnt going to be up to speed by Jan (or not even back playing) and Mane goes away for a month. If Pelle, Tadic and Long are the front 3 there is nothing behind it at all bar Isgrove or McQueen and with respect they arent going to win games of football to stay in the top 6.

No point jeopardising a brilliant start for the sake of a 6 month loan. Even a Sinclair or someone would do until Mane is back and JR fit.

if we get a short term option. im sure we will all moan about them

if we get a short term option. im sure we will all moan about them

I will be the first to moan about any January signings being **** before I have seen them play because I am very negative and need to get a life.

But we will need some cover and if we are still up in the top 4/6 it will be well worth the cost.

See Bony has signed an extention to his Swansea contract, would be great if we could get Clyne or Jay Rod to do the same.

I am assuming that those prices are what those clubs would like to pay for those players in their own little fantasy worlds. Tadic and Schneiderlin are the two who in particular could walk into pretty well any team here or in Europe, so the two most likely to command the highest fees raised upwards following a bidding war by the wealthiest clubs. As per our default position, we don't wish to sell them and we don't need to sell them, so the only sales will be based as before on ridiculous sums of money being offered, the offers that cannot be refused because they are so ludicrously high. We will identify replacements for any players who leave, who will cost a fraction of those they replace and be better players.

Those players we sell will then prove to be not as good without their Saints team mates and the buying club will wonder why they didn't buy the players that we have brought in as replacements.

I see that you have Liverpool down as prospective buyers of three of our players. So you don't think that they've learnt their lesson yet?

And Liverpool would still not have learned that Fonte is who they NEED