Those Brendan Rodgers comments

Saint-Armstrong

RAWK is ridiculous, I mean guys complain here but over there they ban their members for practically anything. Insulting Stevie G, individual player threads, suggesting bring back Rafa. Dictatorship of note. :lol:

Just had a quick look. No apparent hint of irony in this quote:

"And as for what happened last year: It's history. The modern Liverpool was built on not dwelling on the past, but the here and now and the future."

Oh Brenda

Your are so conceited that you forgot to coach the team properly..... Your answer - apparently you need to spend another 50m or so! Ummm haven't you already tried throwing money at the problem ??????

Perhaps if you looked within you might gather more wisdom from improving your own performance. It's a long shot though. Just loved Lovren falling over for their second or third goal - great signing.... You are in deep Doo dah mate Suarez made you look good and you are now stuffed... One might venture that Liverpool are showing a lack of ambition even?

I see you have Stoke next and won't be a stroll in the park iether!!!!!

I like the question at the end asking whether or not you know what a pure goal? I personally have no idea!

It's gone from pure goals to poor goals after his post match interview. He's also taking responsibility for it which must mean he's aware that buying Lovren and continuing to play him, Skrtel and Glen Johnson is his fault. You can add not buying a decent defensive midfielder while relying on a bloke whose legs went 2 years ago to play in that position and picking a different midfield every match to that too, plus panic buying an ineffectual striker.

It's gone from pure goals to poor goals after his post match interview. He's also taking responsibility for it which must mean he's aware that buying Lovren and continuing to play him, Skrtel and Glen Johnson is his fault. You can add not buying a decent defensive midfielder while relying on a bloke whose legs went 2 years ago to play in that position and picking a different midfield every match to that too, plus panic buying an ineffectual striker.

Rogers says it's all his responsibility. Then goes on to point out the injury to Sturridge, the sale of suarez, the extra games, the number of new players, the young age of some of the players

But yeah, other than that, it is all his responsibility

Rogers says it's all his responsibility. Then goes on to point out the injury to Sturridge, the sale of suarez, the extra games, the number of new players, the young age of some of the players

But yeah, other than that, it is all his responsibility

It's all his fault apart from the stuff that isn't his fault even though he knew about most of that anyway. Makes perfect sense.

TBF I quite like Brendan at the moment. Seems quite happy to pay us large amounts for players that we can replace for somewhat less. Nice source of income.

It is Daniel Levy who I really dislike! Is there really a more fake and plastic club in professional sports than Tottenham Hotspurs?

On 606 earlier this evening they apparently quoted BR as saying "...we are a team in transition", to which Ian Wright responded "What, like Southampton ?".

Just hear Colin Murray taking someone to task about Liverpool and Southampton being totally different situations and being incomparable. He acknowledged that we lost our top 3 scorers but couldn't quite follow the rest of his argument, and thought that his "Koeman might struggle next season" to be a complete red herring. Being form Northern Ireland I presume he supports either Liverpool or Man Utd, and given his stance, guess it has to be Liverpool.

Just hear Colin Murray taking someone to task about Liverpool and Southampton being totally different situations and being incomparable. He acknowledged that we lost our top 3 scorers but couldn't quite follow the rest of his argument, and thought that his "Koeman might struggle next season" to be a complete red herring. Being form Northern Ireland I presume he supports either Liverpool or Man Utd, and given his stance, guess it has to be Liverpool.

He's a BIG Liverpool fan.

He's a BIG Liverpool fan.

That has a lot of family in Southampton, all Saints fans, he went to Uni here too.

Comes across as very knowledgeable on the Radio I think, along with H&J he's way batter than the shouty morons on there that try and get a reaction for the sake of it. Just because people disagree with his point of view doesn't make it wrong/ bias whatever. He is always open to different views, never shouts down a caller/ guest and always gives unfashionable clubs/ players air time.

I like his fine system when guests come on and say cliché football rubbish, a quid every time some says "the" before a plural, for example "the Gerrard's, the Lampards, the Cole's" or "the Arsenals, the Chelseas, the Man U's" sums it up.

Edited by JackanorySFC

Mignolet

Flanagan Lovren Skrtel Moreno

Henderson Lucas Can

Lallana Lambert Sterling

Even with Sturridge injured there's a good team in there if played the right way. But as with last season. Gerrard is an appalling defensive midfielder. Last season they outscored people but couldn't defend, now they just can't defend.

If they hadn't signed Markovic and Ballotelli they'd have a lot more in the bank and a far easier squad to manage, with far less pressure on the manager for having spent a fortune. Still have Borini, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sakho, Johnson and Allen on the bench with that team FFS.

Gerrards passed it this year really, its just not working for him or the team. But then they are setting up differently to last year. You can hardly say he wasnt effective, the media fawned over him until the end of the season, plus Squawka had him as the best midfielder in the prem from a statistics point of view (interceptions, tackles, goals and assists).

All in all though from a ball playing point of view he is still class, just doesnt have the targets at his disposal.

Onto Rodgers though, he spent a large amount of money on dross. Failed to replace Suarez at any level and did nothing except add extra pressure to his squad. All in all I dont get the fuss about Rodgers, apart from last year he did not set the world alight and that was largely Suarez' doing... Not his

Mignolet

Flanagan Lovren Skrtel Moreno

Henderson Lucas Can

Lallana Lambert Sterling

Even with Sturridge injured there's a good team in there if played the right way. But as with last season. Gerrard is an appalling defensive midfielder. Last season they outscored people but couldn't defend, now they just can't defend.

If they hadn't signed Markovic and Ballotelli they'd have a lot more in the bank and a far easier squad to manage, with far less pressure on the manager for having spent a fortune. Still have Borini, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sakho, Johnson and Allen on the bench with that team FFS.

It is a good team but it's a Top 8 side. The Munch Suarez was the absolute difference between a Top 8 team and a Champs League side. The Mickeys often point to the stat of the first 10 games of last season - when Suarez was banned - being no different to the avg points gained in the next 28 which has some credence but doesn't explain how awful they now are following his departure and the improvements to the squad. They are bang average, have been for a number of years and will continue to be so.

Just hear Colin Murray taking someone to task about Liverpool and Southampton being totally different situations and being incomparable.

He acknowledged that we lost our top 3 scorers but couldn't quite follow the rest of his argument, and thought that his "Koeman might struggle next season" to be a complete red herring.

Being form Northern Ireland I presume he supports either Liverpool or Man Utd, and given his stance, guess it has to be Liverpool.

oh does he mean .... that Koeman might struggle NEXT season?...... like Rodgers is struggling at the moment ?....(that's assuming BR is still manager NEXT season).

Ironically, the main difference is that (historically)..... if Saints were in the same position (as Liverpool are today) ....we wouldn't consider it struggling, it'd be par for the course.

Edited by david in sweden