CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

Yup Nordic, it was laid on a bit thick to say the least. I don't think that you will find any fan who under rates him like they did when this thread started. Actually, I suppose there is bound to be a gormless one or two, there always is, but ask anyone here and the only thing negative about him that people will say, is possibly "consistency".

Hands up. Perhaps I did lay it on a bit thick with that post, but I get the impression, perhaps wrongly, that a few of our fans, by no means all, don't view Mane quite as fairly and objectively as they ought to, when he looks to me like one of the best players we've ever had. I'd be as gutted to lose him as I was when we lost Channon, Shearer and Keegan.

The problem with Mane is when he is on fire he is an incredible player ,almost unstoppable.however if he's not on form he worsens the team by being selected .Incredibly frustrating player because of this

The problem with Mane is when he is on fire he is an incredible player ,almost unstoppable.however if he's not on form he worsens the team by being selected .Incredibly frustrating player because of this

Not true.Even when unpredictable he is a threat. Of course the manager may want to replace him to suit game tactics, but he is not a waste of space.

£25m plus add ons? Shouldn't even be in the ballpark.

Always assumed he'd be off, but to someone a bit better than Liverpool.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

£25m up front with a £15m add on for his first game.

£25m up front with a £15m add on for his first game.

Plus a £50m bonus in the unlikely event Liverpool finish above footballing behemoths, corner flag inventors and everyone in continental Europe's second favourite team, Everton.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
He is worth that if Lukaku is worth sixty mil or whatever it is.

Certainly worth more than Sterling.

Lets just say "IF" he's hell-bent on going:

Would you take £40m this summer? or would you keep him one more season & sell for £15m next summer?

Certainly worth more than Sterling.

Lets just say "IF" he's hell-bent on going:

Would you take £40m this summer? or would you keep him one more season & sell for £15m next summer?

take that this summer. He will be away for 4-6 weeks in the new year anyway. AFCON

Nixon mentioned the other day that Liverpool were 'mad for Mane'....fully expect him to go either there or Man Utd...

That's the question isn't it - Do we think Utd will still want Mane under Jose? - They'll surely want wide players.

Liverpool's only chance of getting him is if they are the only bidders.

That's the question isn't it - Do we think Utd will still want Mane under Jose? - They'll surely want wide players.

Liverpool's only chance of getting him is if they are the only bidders.

Liverpool's chances of obtaining his services are greatly enhanced if they are the biggest bidders. It's all about the money honey.

Do not sell Sadio. Whatever the price.

He's worth another top six finish to Saints.

Unless you're an idiot you don't sell part of your future for short term gain.

Agree.

While I would love to think we will hold out for £40m, I reckon we'll accept £35m