CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

The second coming of Ali Dia.

My God what a dreadful performance tonight, his finishing is Southern Conference level at best. Can't pass, can't shoot, no positional sense at all. Fed up seeing him on his @rse after shanking yet another shot. The worst player on the pitch yet again today.

The worst $10M we've spent since Ramirez (who's not a bad player but not worth the money), and Osvaldo (who's not a bad player, just a head case).

Lol. 1 bad game and he's a terrible signing. I guess you didn't see him score the only goal against Stoke? Yes he has missed a couple of chances but to compare him to Ali Dia is just ridiculous.

FWIW I don't think playing him, Long and Tadic is going to work. We need one of Long or Mane on the bench to change things up.

12 games in and so far we've got a league one goalkeeper, a southern league winger, a Carthorse centre forward who was booed after 45 minutes of his debut and another striker who does nothing more than run around a lot. If I didn't read this forum id have no idea how bad we were.

12 games in and so far we've got a league one goalkeeper, a southern league winger, a Carthorse centre forward who was booed after 45 minutes of his debut and another striker who does nothing more than run around a lot. If I didn't read this forum id have no idea how bad we were.

You forgot about our midfielder who cant pass.

And we're 2nd despite them. The rest of our team must be ****ing dynamite.

My God what a dreadful performance tonight, his finishing is Southern Conference level at best. Can't pass, can't shoot, no positional sense at all. Fed up seeing him on his @rse after shanking yet another shot. The worst player on the pitch yet again today.

The worst $10M we've spent since Ramirez (who's not a bad player but not worth the money), and Osvaldo (who's not a bad player, just a head case).

priceless...:mcinnes:

I Would Image this was The first time Mane has played against a typical English blood And Thunder right back in Hutton. I actually thought Hutton was man of the match for Aston Villa. Great leadership and example.

Don't forget where he played last year. The premier league is a big step up and he will only learn from nights like this.

He still looked very dangerous.

He's 22/23' date=' settling into the country & playing in a much more testing league. He's going to have the odd stinker. That said, his pace & unpredictability clearly worries defences, he's getting in positions to score & when he finds his shooting boots, he will be a tremendous asset IMO.[/quote']

This basically. He is a really good player and exciting to watch. He also brought a really good save from guzan in the first half. Glad we bought him.

You sir are a buffoon.

"Er I support Saints cos they is the second bestest team in the land at the moment" "my seat in front of the TV is very comfy and a 75" flat screen before my eyes is just like being at the game (which is exactly what the nice man in the shop it would be like".

As has been said already elsewhere, God help us if we lose one or even two in a row!! They will be fishing bodies out of the Itchen for bloody weeks.

Some folks really need to stop thrashing their 2-3 year old kids or Granny at FIFA whatever year it is or Football Manager on XYZ BOX, and actually watch some proper live football where the blokes running around on the pitch on BOTH sides actually have an input into the game............ By the way the bloke who runs across the pitch with his lap top at Half time, doesn't have his game controller in his pocket either.

There is a thing which sometimes affects some African players when they've been down in there homelands a bit, they seem to lose all sense of discipline, I remember a friend who was coaching at Lens at the time telling me that the most of them were useless for the rest of the season after the ANC. African football is different, less disciplined on the whole and players get into the habit of extemporising a bit. Still it was only fdor 2 games this time and I'm sure that Mané will be better against Citeh, Hutton had him in his pocket yesterday, in fact Hutton had a pretty good game.

:lol:

'Suppose it's been a hard season for those that way inclined so far. Meh he had an off game, so did Tadic - is he useless n all now? Fact is no one really shone last night, it happens. 'Specially against a team that basically defends with 9 men behind the ball. We got a point, away from home. It's not the end of the world really.

Hutton did a great job on him last night. Gave him nothing and then Mane started making the wrong decisions to try to force the issue. Bad night for him but he looks a good prospect to me considering his performance overall this season. How old is he, 22?

I thought he had a poor game last night. Seems more suited as an impact sub to me, and not consistent enough for the full 90 without being careless, at least not on the basis of last night. Then again, no one exactly filled themselves with glory. One of those nights. Perhaps they couldn't get motivated in what was the worst atmosphere I've witnessed for a long time. Kept having to check mute wasn't turned on.

There is a thing which sometimes affects some African players when they've been down in there homelands a bit, they seem to lose all sense of discipline, I remember a friend who was coaching at Lens at the time telling me that the most of them were useless for the rest of the season after the ANC. African football is different, less disciplined on the whole and players get into the habit of extemporising a bit. Still it was only fdor 2 games this time and I'm sure that Mané will be better against Citeh, Hutton had him in his pocket yesterday, in fact Hutton had a pretty good game.

On the upside, all our English players played with a stiff upper lip and a reserved demeanour... ;-)

It's why we are bottom of the league and certainties for relegation…….

The reaction to yesterdays game has been nothing short of comedy gold, we played well enough and 9 times out of 10 we would have won that game on the balance of play and chances.

None of our players were awful they just weren't at the heights they have been so far this season and Forster made a horrible gaff that all goal keepers do occasionally ie Boruc getting beat by the stoke keeper last season or even the great Peter Schmeichel

Mane has look like he has huge amounts of potential this season it's a big step up from the Swiss league and he will take time to fully settle but so far he has done brilliantly and for my money will get better and better.

If this thread isn't a joke/troll then it's embarrassing.

Gives us some pace that we desperately need to move teams around and a surprisingly strong if somewhat random player. Leagues ahead of Mayuka for instance in his ability to beat players and draw fouls in dangerous positions.

He did take far too long on the ball today when we needed an earlier cross, but dwelling on the ball was symptomatic of the whole team and other than that one awful shot-thing he did early on I didn't think he was any better or worse than anyone.

Your criticism is completely over the top and frankly a bit childish based on one match in which almost the whole team was poor in large chunks.

The widespread condemnation of the OP is good to see. Would be nice if have the opportunity in a couple of years to drag this thread up and have a good laugh about it.

Mane's raw but already shown plenty of promise. Calm!

Mané was bought as the fast wide player we needed, but not sure he should start every game. Long could better in the starting XI but Koeman admitted that playing Long out of position didn't work. With JWP injured we don't have cover for Steven Davis unless one of the Academy boys could be moved up. Dom Gape not even making the bench yet he seems an obvious one to be grooming in the absence of JWP and Mané as the impact sub.