January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Any rumours floating about?

Beefy on 'Not606 Southampton' forum, who is usually fairly reliable, says there is a forward who has been offered a deal and it's a case of waiting for a reply and seeing if a deal can be thrashed out. To be fair he says he is not allowed to say anything else and he hasn't been told about any other business but his 'informant' (who apparently is someone else on that forum's informant so his reports are normally verfied).

He was told that the club's priorities and view-points on transfers in and out can change from day-to-day depending on circumstances.

That's all I've heard from what I have seen as 'reliable' sources but I know nothing myself!

I noticed a few days ago, Jeremy Wilson at the Telegraph put a new name in the Saints January transfer news article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11350729/Southampton-January-transfer-news-2015-halfway-report.html

"Lasse Vibe at Gothenburg has been monitored but Southampton unlikely to make any more additions this month"

I'll let you know when we get to the end of the window :)

fraud!

but to be fair, he is the sort of player that would be the competition for Pelle that we could do with. Similar sort. It's not massively necessary though so won't lose sleep if it does't happen.

He is available for loan as well and has been offered around by his agent, according to his agent...he's been offered to PL clubs.

fraud!

but to be fair, he is the sort of player that would be the competition for Pelle that we could do with. Similar sort. It's not massively necessary though so won't lose sleep if it does't happen.

He is available for loan as well and has been offered around by his agent, according to his agent...he's been offered to PL clubs.

To be fair I haven't had any transfer tips for bloody ages. The guy I used to know left the club about 18 months ago, and even then he wasn't very reliable.

This is more of one that would work as backup to Pelle, especially if Osvaldo goes on loan to AC.

I noticed a few days ago, Jeremy Wilson at the Telegraph put a new name in the Saints January transfer news article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11350729/Southampton-January-transfer-news-2015-halfway-report.html

"Lasse Vibe at Gothenburg has been monitored but Southampton unlikely to make any more additions this month"

Since Wilson clearly has good sources inside Southampton FC, I cannot be as skeptical as I normally would about the 6 million pound January transfer budget. I have to assume that it means that some of last summers profit is being reserved to exercise options on our loan players but maybe it was needed to pay other expenses.

Really not convinced we need anyone. Squad unity is what we have going for us and giving players a chance. Long, Elia, Mane and maybe Rodriguez can fill in if Pelle can't play. That's great options.

Would anyone break up a great CB partnership? Would anyone come here to be fourth or fifth choice? Would any full backs be better than our youth back ups or Toby or Clyne?

Does any club have better CM options?

Only position is keeper, and who would want to join when there's a young keeper there with a great record and not injury problems?

So really, unless there's an amazing striker available it seems pointless. Best deals I'd like to see are Bertrand and Alderweireld. They've proven so much, I fear if we don't make the champions league, they will.

There is no way Pelle can play everygame untill the end of the season and he is so important in the way we play so we need another striker as back up anyone who thinks otherwise is a doughnut:smug:

There is no way Pelle can play everygame untill the end of the season and he is so important in the way we play so we need another striker as back up anyone who thinks otherwise is a doughnut:smug:

This really

Ive seen Long fill in and he wasnt effective. Not a chance Manè or ellia can fill a pellè shaped hole and I doubt Jay Rod could cover it.

Konoplyanka available on a free in the Summer or £7m now, worth a punt?

I'd love to sign him as I've seen him rip defences to pieces but we've already got Mane, Elia, Long, J Rod and Tadic who can play wide on the front four. We wont me making any moves for midfielders this window IMO.

He will probably go to Spurs and score the winner against us in the 88th minute.

I'd love to sign him as I've seen him rip defences to pieces but we've already got Mane, Elia, Long, J Rod and Tadic who can play wide on the front four. We wont me making any moves for midfielders this window IMO.

He will probably go to Spurs and score the winner against us in the 88th minute.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-open-talks-dnipro-winger-yevhen-konoplyanka-1484266

The thing I always think about with players like this (Clasie falls into the same category) is if they really are THAT good, why do they keep getting snubbed by teams? Every transfer window this guy has been on the verge of signing for Spurs or Liverpool, yet neither have made a serious bid, nor have any other top European club. If they were as good as perceived, they'd have been signed up a long time ago.

As for him coming to Saints, no thanks - not what we need at the moment.

The thing I always think about with players like this (Clasie falls into the same category) is if they really are THAT good, why do they keep getting snubbed by teams? Every transfer window this guy has been on the verge of signing for Spurs or Liverpool, yet neither have made a serious bid, nor have any other top European club. If they were as good as perceived, they'd have been signed up a long time ago.

As for him coming to Saints, no thanks - not what we need at the moment.

Could you not say the same for Schniderlin? He's been off to Arsenal every summer since he signed him but hasn't yet. Dont see anyone question if he's any good.

Would be a bit of a strange signing that, guess as back-up right back?

we need cover in that position and an option if Clyne decides to cash in this summer and move on. Nothing worse than selling a player with no replacement in the squad as suddenly every right back in the world will be double the price!

we need cover in that position and an option if Clyne decides to cash in this summer and move on. Nothing worse than selling a player with no replacement in the squad as suddenly every right back in the world will be double the price!
But he doesn't really sound like the quality of player to be a replacement for Clyne does he? And although not impossible, sitting on our bench from playing regularly for a Serie A side isn't an entirely obvious move.

Osvaldo to QPR would be hilarious. Imagine him and Joey Barton training together.

This didn't seem worth starting a new thread over but what's the maximum amount of loan player a PL club can have? I always thought it was two till we signed Elia. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Osvaldo to QPR would be hilarious. Imagine him and Joey Barton training together.

This didn't seem worth starting a new thread over but what's the maximum amount of loan player a PL club can have? I always thought it was two till we signed Elia. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I think it depends where they are loaned from. Not sure if there is a limit on players loaned from overseas, but there is a limit (not sure what number) to how many domestic/PL loans you can have.

I think it depends where they are loaned from. Not sure if there is a limit on players loaned from overseas, but there is a limit (not sure what number) to how many domestic/PL loans you can have.

Think you're only allowed 1 player from the same club, and 2 domestic loans. Think you can have up to 4 international loans on top of that. Something like that anyway.

Konoplyanka available on a free in the Summer or £7m now, worth a punt?

if Swansea's Gomis contract is anything to go by, then he certainly won't be available for `free' in the summer. The signing on bonuses to `free' contract players are getting as big as the transfer fees themselves.

Konoplyanka certainly looked exciting in the games I've seen him play, but I can't see him joining us somehow. Not enough street cred for him I suspect.

Two domestic loans at a time--no more than one from each club. Unlimited foreign loans.