Sheff Utd Quarter Final Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Would definitely give Gardos and Targett a start. Hopefully Morgan makes it and I'm looking forward to seeing JWP back. Hoping Mane is nowhere near the team, if Tadic needs a rest I'd rather see Mayuka out there.

Getting down there about 4pm so should be in the pub for 5 - looking forward to it!

# Hypothetical question klaxon #

If our opening 16 fixtures and results had been reversed (i.e. 1 point from the first 5 games but now closing in on 4th place) would people be still be dismissing our chances of qualifying for Europe via League position as much as some are doing now?

I'm as inclined as most to put out our strongest team for the cup game, but I'm still bullish about our chances of finishing top 6 in the league.

Some of us would rather win the cup than finish 6th anyway, so personally my view would be the same in either situation.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11668070.Saints_won_t_change_style_despite_Pelle_and_Davis_blows/?ref=mac

Bad news, though nothing specific about the Davis injury (only that he is injured).

Vic and JWP in the middle. Looks like Tadic, Davis and Pelle may be out. Morgan probably on the bench

they are still a division 3 side who are on a mini poor run, like us

thank god it isnt bournemouth away

Let's hope the fans are a bit more up for it tomorrow, the vocal support this season has been mostly crap.

Seeing these old pics from the 70s stirs a bit of nostalgia for the old days of the scarves

24yxypv.jpg

2hyuno8.jpg

Everyone used to swing them above their heads to "Que, sera, sera" back then, Leeds at the Dell in the 79 semis stands out.

Expecting a good old fashion raucous noise tomorrow night...they'll be at it early on at least.

Read that Long is to lead the line tomorrow night. I don't mind him being in the team but this game would have been ideal to give Ryan Seager a start in the senior team. Won't happen as he was playing tonight against Leicester. Top scorer for the Under 21's, the guy deserves an incentive. Shame he was not included in the squad at least.

Read that Long is to lead the line tomorrow night. I don't mind him being in the team but this game would have been ideal to give Ryan Seager a start in the senior team.

Won't happen as he was playing tonight against Leicester. Top scorer for the Under 21's, the guy deserves an incentive. Shame he was not included in the squad at least.

well......he's halfway to Sheffield just now. Will he get an invite up there for tomorrow ......I wonder. He must surely be in the first team squad soon. 9 goals in 8 ...for U21s..... so far..

So, I'm picking up the poisoned chalice and attempting to keep the SaintsWeb news section packed with previews, reviews, other pieces and rumour-round ups and summary articles of the coverage Saints are receiving in the press! Wish me luck.

Below is the SaintsWeb preview piece for the Sheffield United game, hopefully we can use these to lead match threads in future? Who knows!

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/content.php?525-PREVIEW-Sheffield-United-vs-SAINTS-Capital-One-Cup-Quarter-Final

Anyway, if you could do me a favour and check out this thread, also, that'd be fantastic - thanks: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52721-Explanation-on-the-future-of-the-news-section-Sheffield-United-preview-now-live!#.VI9WNV4qdSU

Anyone travelling up from Soton and staying over the night? Our driver has bailed and 2 of us have been left without transport. We're really not wanting to fork out £100 for a train.

Happy to split petrol. etc.

Space available on our minibus due to last minute let downs. Tickets also available if anyone needs them. Call / text 07840 878386

Already getting grief off my students about getting knocked out by a L1 side. Today has the feel of "cup upset".

agree, think it's got upset written all over it. Premier league side out of form with a few injuries go to relatively decent lower league club. Still, setting off from work at 5 more in hope than optimism.