Recall Osvaldo?

Killers Knee

What's the point? He doesn't want to be here, he never did want to be here.

The last thing we need is a **** causing more issues on the training ground, which it's almost guaranteed he will.

Let him go. Similar to Gaston - they were signed for big money, big expectations, excitement - but they were ****, pants, utter horrendous crap - they will not help us, ever. Forget them.

What's strength of character got to do with it? Having already had a bust up with existing squad members, it's not in our interests to get him back.

And for those who are wondering, yes, we can recall him in the Transfer Window, in fact that's the only time you can recall season long loans. Hence the haste with binning off Taider whilst we still could in August.

When you take out Bournemouth's cut I think it's more, think we only got 18 million for Lovren in the end, say 20 for Lallana and 4 and a bit for Ricky, the five of them cost us about 50 million so we're actually down 10 ish

:uhoh: Maybe if we can sell them (ok, maybe keep Long) we could recoup this?

WTF would we want him back. The much maligned Shane Long has already scored more this season than Osvaldo managed in his time here.

Technically not true, 3 each so far 13 apps for Osvaldo, 19 for Long. All of Osvaldo's were in the League as well.

Edited by VectisSaint

I'd take Osvaldo back in a heartbeat, if he wasn't such a t0sser. On ability it's a no brainer, but he's if he's not welcome in the squad, then no.

Given his attitute and his actions off the pitch, it's a definite no to having him back. In any case, he didn't show enough on the pitch to justify a recall.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dani-osvaldo-tried-to-fight-inter-team-mate-mauri-icardi-at-end-of-juventus-draw/

Let's not.

Juventus’ draw with Inter Milan was a terrific result for Roma, who are now just one point behind the Old Lady.

It could have been so much worse for Juventus as Inter pushed for the winner in the final stages before Mateo Kovacic was sent off.

One of the best chances for Roberto Martinez’s side was a break away that featured Mauro Icardi with the ball and Dani Osvaldo on the inside right channel.

Osvaldo looked well placed but Icardi, who had scored Inter’s equaliser, chose not to pass and shot high and wide instead.

Cue a mental Osvaldo looking to attack his team mate!

Only Fredy Guardin saved a full fight between team mates!

Lukas Podolski seemed a bit surprised about his new team mates!

didn't think he did much wrong there it was justa bit of passion spilling out he never looked like he was going to lamp him just exchange a few words.

He's still an idiot though and I don't want him anywhere near the squad farm him out on loan to anyone who will have him and cut our losses at the first opportunity.

Have watched it and it sounds more dramatic on paper than it was.

It was an absolute non-event, and the stories of Inter wanting rid of him as a result are either an uber-dramatic over-reaction as well, or a tactical move now they've realised Podolski is a safer bet - though they've played both of them. Either way he's got no way back into Saints, and nor should he have.

I'm quite hopeful he'll still be there in a couple of weeks when I'm off to see Inter v Torino. :)

I believe that he would be great IF he gets the help he needs, it will have to have the OK by Fonte, but with RK I think he will offer us just what we need to support Pella - replacement if injured, tired, or replacement.

I think if anyone is going to not take **** it RK anyway, and think that will help to get the best out of him.

I remember the goal against Chelsea, even watching him play, it was clear that he has real quality, and a good footballing head.

With an international team-mate in the squad, does RK have the strength of character to recall Dani Osvaldo, integrate him in the squad and make him perform?

despite the fact we will be responsible for his 40K week salary,...for the next 3 years (?) I would n't let him near the place ..and even bar him from buying a ticket for SMS.

Based on past performance.. he'd be a threat on the training ground and a liability in the dressing room. Pochettino's biggest mistake, if he thought he could rehabiliate him -it didn't work Mauricio.

If Ronald Koeman thinks he can change Osvaldo's attitude, he's welcome to try, but he should know what he's taking on......:scared:

Best solution ...loan him out to QPR or Stoke, they are used to players with a " vigourous attitude " to the game.

Edited by david in sweden

Koeman knows the situation, he was already in charge when Osvaldo went out on loan in the summer. I'm pretty confident he's never so much as training with Saints' first team again.

Would be fun if we could flog him to Bournemouth in the bizarre but increasingly likely event that they come up though.

We should have sacked him after the Fonte incident & cut our losses. We were (are) never going to get a fee for him. Even if we manage to loan him out for the remainder of his contract we still have to pay him in the summer. I've been told that we are still paying part of his wages (due to Taider not working out)

He will never play for us again. I don't think that he has even had the decency to apologise for his behaviour.