Fonte apologises, but how about refunding travelling fans their fares?

eelpie

I realise the thread title is about travel fares, but I've thought about football refunds in general for a while now.

I think of it this way - if you buy a lottery ticket and none of your numbers come up, a bad result, do you ask for your money back? No.

It was a bad performance, but no one is entitled to see a certain performance or a result just because they've paid a sum of money. It's the nature of the game. To use another analogy, would you ask for your money back if you went to a gig and it wasn't as good as you had hoped?

Can I have a refund on my season tickets from the 07/08 and 08/09 seasons?

They paid for a football match, not a Southampton win.

Exactly. Talk of a refund is ridiculous. For what it's worth I do think the players realise how much they let the club/supporters down last night.

It was a difficult combination of an abject performance in front of an exceptional turn out.

However, man up people. It was a cup upset, not some utter humiliation (like, say, losing 8-0). That's football.

What is worse , losing 8 nil to the form team in your league or 1 nil against a team 2 leagues below you!? Couldn't choose between them myself

What is worse , losing 8 nil to the form team in your league or 1 nil against a team 2 leagues below you!? Couldn't choose between them myself

The eight nil was national headline football news, and an abject humiliation.

Cup upsets are ten a f uck ing penny.

How long have you followed professional football?

Jeez, don't be such a soppy wet blanket. Last night was disappointing but people saying it was 'the worst game they have ever seen' and 'as bad as losing 8-0', come off it.

We beat Blackpool in the Cup when we were in League 1 and they were in the Premier League. I think I will remember the 8-0 a bit longer than that somehow. It's a cup upset, they happen in every round. Give it a couple of years and even games like United losing to MK will be forgotten.

Actually I think this has legs...if refunds are given everytime a team lose then Chelsea fans will pay the most to watch their team over the year and QPR, Burnley etc will pay less. Perhaps it will sway the plastics away from the top 4 and to supporting lesser teams as they will get their money back more often?

Going to a cup final would be great...if you lose it was just a free day out to wembley!

It's football you win and lose game games. It's cringeworthy people asking for a refund and typifies the modern fan.

You win and lose football games but we were terrible and have been on and off for a little while. Man City we were lucky not to get at least 6 against us.. !

Koemans decisions are very worrying as for tactics and coaching - well some if it is laughable !

Actually I think this has legs...if refunds are given everytime a team lose then Chelsea fans will pay the most to watch their team over the year and QPR, Burnley etc will pay less. Perhaps it will sway the plastics away from the top 4 and to supporting lesser teams as they will get their money back more often?

Going to a cup final would be great...if you lose it was just a free day out to wembley!

But you would be expected to pay double for a win.

That's what Alderweireld told me he wanted to do when I bumped into him at Central station earlier.

Overconfidence? Very bold to to say you want to make up for poor performances with a win in your next game. I very much doubt any other footballer would be so bold.

I would like a refund for all my Saints store merchandise please. I'm trying to drink coffee out of my St Mary's mug and it just tastes weak. Can't even last the 90 minutes.

Couldn't even beat a L1 hot chocolate right now.

Also, this is a dumb thread. Plenty of those about these days.

Yeah I'd like a refund for every ticket and travel I've spent when my team hasn't scored a goal. Really annoys me when that happens even 0-0s I think thats the least we deserve.:rolleyes:

I think its pointless asking for a refund, proabably the same people asking for one after Sunderland away last year, when will they learn?

Classic saints that was last night

Long chat? How did he come across in general?

A few minutes. I had to catch my connection back to Hamble, he was with his girlfriend who was getting on a different train.

He seemed genuinely gutted about the result and agreed when i said it was a rubbish performance and that they worked harder than us. He stressed the need to put in a performance on Saturday and get 3 points for the fans.

Told him he was a quality player, he said "thanks, I always try my hardest for the club and to keep improving"

I probably looked a right state, still felt p*ssed from the night before and had been half asleep on the train most of the way back.

From now on, let everyone in free, and then they can pay on the way out depending on the result.

A win would be £15 , draw £10 , loss £5.

Then extra £5 for each Saints goal, and £3 less for each goal conceded.

We'd have had an empty stadium before the end of the Sunderland game under that system.... ;)

Can I have a refund on my season tickets from the 07/08 and 08/09 seasons?

They paid for a football match, not a Southampton win.

Quite.

I'm after a refund on every match I've seen us lose now, pretty sure I could bankrupt Katharina at the reasonable price of a tenner a time.

A few minutes. I had to catch my connection back to Hamble, he was with his girlfriend who was getting on a different train.

He seemed genuinely gutted about the result and agreed when i said it was a rubbish performance and that they worked harder than us. He stressed the need to put in a performance on Saturday and get 3 points for the fans.

Told him he was a quality player, he said "thanks, I always try my hardest for the club and to keep improving"

I probably looked a right state, still felt p*ssed from the night before and had been half asleep on the train most of the way back.

I bet his hair alone would have defeated your entire being, even if you'd just spent 6 months relaxing by the pool followed by a spa day.

You win and lose football games but we were terrible and have been on and off for a little while. Man City we were lucky not to get at least 6 against us.. !

Koemans decisions are very worrying as for tactics and coaching - well some if it is laughable !

Are you able to tell me what coaching Koeman is doing that is laughable, I genuinely want to know as us fans need to know so we can give him a few pointers on not being so crap