Wesley Sneijder for Saints?

Saint Fan CaM

utd or saints

come on who do you think he'd choose?

keep dreaming lads

also im old enough to remember kk signing for us before anyone mentions it

How many attacking players Utd need? Can't see them buying more.

FWIW hasnt he had a few injury problems hence why he was shipped to Turkey?

He is signable, even at £50k pw. Pretty sure the club would back Koeman.

But ... 5 years ago, I would have been excited. But he's not the player he was.

Same argument for Adebayor. Spurs want to loan him out. If we do give them first option on Morgan, maybe we could get Ade as a sweetener. But again, he's not the player he once was. But I would still like him to come and join us.

This is the level of signing Morgan (for example) would expect to remain interested in staying at Saints. Point is, surely if you're a club intent on bringing through talented youngsters, the best players to buy will be seasoned pro's around the 28-30yr old mark for them to learn from. I'm not saying we will get this guy, but he's the type of player we should be stretching to get as he has a great track record and will raise the bar for the entire team IMO. Trouble is we probably need 2-3 of this type of player to halt the downward trajectory we're witnessing of late - this guy, a wide playing striker and a really top CF.

Smoke screen for Classie who will be joining us as Morgans replacement.

You could be right there, Sneijder earns way more than the 2,5 mentioned here and with that golddigger around him he can't afford less. I'm still hoping Clasie stays one more season with Feyenoord to become champion in 2016 but he's getting better and better and up for the next step. Saints would be the right club for him with Koeman as his manager because he will get enough time to play and adjust to the PL level.

D'y'all remember when Keegan turned up at The Potter's Heron? It would be massive on that scale... but it ain't gonna happen, right!

On the other hand signing fading old stars is hardly part of our Club's alleged philosophy, Gudjohnson to Bolton was more about nostalgia than football commonsense. Surely we don't want to drift back to the good old bad old days of a team comprising other people's cast-offs and 12 club journeymen.

We are Southampton, we don't do panic!

D'y'all remember when Keegan turned up at The Potter's Heron? It would be massive on that scale... but it ain't gonna happen, right!

On the other hand signing fading old stars is hardly part of our Club's alleged philosophy, Gudjohnson to Bolton was more about nostalgia than football commonsense. Surely we don't want to drift back to the good old bad old days of a team comprising other people's cast-offs and 12 club journeymen.

We are Southampton, we don't do panic!

Are you comparing Eidur Gudjohnson to Wesley Sneijder, 30?

someone has already mentioned Kevin Keegan.but I don't know about you guys but isn't it amazing just to be linked with these players? The only down side is he's not young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve. However this signing would be a real statement of intent.

The draw of Turkey for players is they pay next to no tax.

This, I read at the time he signed for Galatasaray that he was on £2.5 million NETT so he'd need nearly double that over here but who knows, maybe he'd take a bit of a cut to ensure that he is actually paid at the end of every month ?

someone has already mentioned Kevin Keegan.but I don't know about you guys but isn't it amazing just to be linked with these players? This signing would a be a real statement of intent. The only down side is he's not young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve.

Bestest period for the club ever. So glad we got rid of that dwarf. Now we sit 5th, i say 5TH in the league AttaTurk!!! ATTTTTTAAACKKKK