Wayne Thomas

saint si

Poor Wayne missed the decisive penalty for Worcester City last night in a record FA cup penalty shoot out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30526186

But who remembers his winning penalty in the JPT against Norwich? Which resulted in this picture...

sfc%2Bwin.jpg

Also, didn't he score a screamer for us against someone? Anyone remember who it was against?

Worth noting that Wayne Thomas also scored a penalty earlier in the shootout to get them to that point as well.

I know, cos the wife tweeted him "nice penalty" when it looked like they would win, then hastily deleted it about 10 minutes later when he missed the second one.

Yep, I had just left my seat to leave when Lambert nodded the ball to Papa Waigo.

Great days, weren't they. Ricky really was at the heart of our revival and I always admired Wayne Thomas for his "no prisoners" approach - lacked a bit of skill but gave us some steel at the back.

Norwich fans were chanting about going to Wembley just as Lambert won the header to set up Waigo. One of my favourite Saints memories.

Scored the equaliser right after Grant Holt had got off the floor in the box at the other end where he'd just dived in front of the Northam.