Wedding band recommendations

hypochondriac

Might as well ask on here. I'll be getting married in summer 2016 and very sadly the wedding band we want are already booked on the day of the wedding: http://www.freddieandthefreeloaders.com/- cracking band and the reason we liked them was because of their great set list for a wedding, their horn section and their lead vocals.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for bands. No cheesy ones or poor singers please! Something similar to the one I posted would be great.

Getting married in Dorset.

Edited by hypochondriac

Can't help with a band but be careful about the cost. I have a mate who has a 3 piece rock band playing the Maidstone area. He charges about £300 for pub gigs and I know this as I was trying to get him to play my local. He did a gig at a workmates wedding and charged £750 for the same set just because it was a wedding!!!

Can't help with a band but be careful about the cost. I have a mate who has a 3 piece rock band playing the Maidstone area. He charges about £300 for pub gigs and I know this as I was trying to get him to play my local. He did a gig at a workmates wedding and charged £750 for the same set just because it was a wedding!!!

Yeah I know but I don't mind paying a bit more for a wedding. Gospel choir my mrs wanted cost £1575 for an hour! Vetoed that immediately :lol:

I went to an Irish mate’s wedding a few months ago that had a ceilidh band performing at the early-evening part of the reception. I thought it was going to be shit, but the woman who played the lead-fiddle got everyone on the dance floor, demonstrated some basic ‘dance steps’ and away we went. It was a bit like country-dancing at school, but, with a few drinks on board, it turned out to be a real hoot, a great ice-breaker and a perfect segue into the late-evening disco.

Yeah I know but I don't mind paying a bit more for a wedding. Gospel choir my mrs wanted cost £1575 for an hour! Vetoed that immediately :lol:

Wow, that must be more than you're paying for the wife itself - including the airfare from Thailand/Malaysia.

What about a Beatles or Stones covers band? There's a couple of decent ones around here. Bog Rolling Stones for example are excellent.

Alternatively ditch the idea and get a decent DJ who will tailor the music to everyone's taste. My mate is quality, none of the cheesy chat, just wall to wall guaranteed good tunes.

Thanks for the genuine suggestions. Will look into the ceilidh idea.

Hypo, if you do decide to go down the ceilidh route then make sure you source a band with someone who is good at getting people up onto the dance floor. The main reason why it worked so well at the wedding I attended was because a lot of the dance reels are designed in such a way that you are continuously swapping partners, so it’s a great way to get to know complete strangers. The fact that most of us didn’t have a clue as to what we were doing just added to the general hilarity – and I say all this as someone who normally doesn’t go near a dance floor until such time as I’m too pissed to stand let alone dance! The wedding I went to happened up North, so it’s no good me recommending that band. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Might as well ask on here. I'll be getting married in summer 2016 and very sadly the wedding band we want are already booked on the day of the wedding: http://www.freddieandthefreeloaders.com/- cracking band and the reason we liked them was because of their great set list for a wedding, their horn section and their lead vocals.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for bands. No cheesy ones or poor singers please! Something similar to the one I posted would be great.

Getting married in Dorset.

Have a word with yourself, the wedding is over a year away. Mrs Hypo is the one the should be fretting with ONLY 18 months to go !!!!!!

http://www.hightowncrows.co.uk/

Hi Hypo!

Firstly congratulations on ur getting married situation! I am pleased for you! And also for ladies in general. I mean, sure, one of them has to suffer but its for the greater good of ladies in general. Only joking, congratulations v.seriously!

I will come and sing at ur wedding! I will do this for £50 + free bar. I mostly sing Christmas Carols. I can guarantee horn!

That sounds exactly like what I want thanks I have emailed them. Do they have a horn section do you know?

I think they can come with one. Their soundcloud (http://thefuntimeyesband.co.uk/#music) has versions of songs of theirs with and without brass. Sorry I can't give you too much more info as I've not actually seen them live- I know of the band as the drummer is a friend of mine but I've moved away from Brighton (where he is based) so haven't seen him enough in the last year to talk about work stuff! I can tell you he is a very nice man and he doesn't usually get involved in bad projects so am confident his band will be great fun for your wedding.

Hi Hypo!

Firstly congratulations on ur getting married situation! I am pleased for you! And also for ladies in general. I mean, sure, one of them has to suffer but its for the greater good of ladies in general. Only joking, congratulations v.seriously!

I will come and sing at ur wedding! I will do this for £50 + free bar. I mostly sing Christmas Carols. I can guarantee horn!

BEWARE HYPO! It's a trick! Bear and his clan have history:

http://gawker.com/5933517/drunk-bear-family-downs-over-100-beers-during-bear-rager