Most Honourable Saint?

Saint Charlie

After Unbelievable Jeff said Clyne will sign a new deal because he "seems honourable", it got me thinking who the most honourable Saint of all time has been?

Would put an early shout out for Franny Benali who gave his all at the club, played with honour and has continued with his humble attitude beyond his playing days.

Also a lesser spotted Saint Kleber Chala who honourably followed his pal the Tin Man to the UK and stuck at it despite being a joke figure to the other players in training.

There must be some better suggestions though?

Duncan - any shouts from bygone generations?

Sadly not if Maya had honour he should of committed Seppuku after his first defeat as he couldn't handle the shame like any true samurai....

You are correctly in this instance. Honour in Japan has always been seen as a duty. The art of Seppuku which translates to English as "belly cutting" was an old form of punishment for the shamed Samurai seeking to hold his honour.

Due to this noble formula and legend Japanese people seek to retain honour above almost everything else.

On many football webboards in Japan the honour of Tadanari-San was questioned after he abandoned South Korea to play for Samurai Blue. Perhaps he suffered at Southampton as results of unsettled karuma (karma)?

On the other side, Maya Yoshida is believed to be extremely honourable and is one of the pioneered Sports Athletes from Japan who has permeated well to other lands.

I've not heard that one - can you tell me more of how it happened? Not in any way doubting - just missed this one somehow

Higginbotham can boast an FA Cup medal himself, albeit as a runner-up with Southampton in the 2003 final defeat by Arsenal.

But the former Derby defender admits to feeling something of a fraud at the Millennium Stadium - having joined the club only the previous January - and he even offered his medal to Saints stalwart Francis Benali, who missed the final.

'I was on the bench for the final but I felt a bit of an impostor - because when I joined the run was already well under way,' said the 28-year-old.

'I did offer my medal to Franny, because I felt he deserved it far more than me. But he wouldn't take it, and the club gave him one in the end.

'As each round went by it was obvious we were getting closer.

'To be involved in the final was something special which can never be taken away from me. But no one is talking about the final just yet.'

http://www.espnfc.com/story/359078/saints-out-to-ruin-shearers-swansong

On many football webboards in Japan the honour of Tadanari-San was questioned after he abandoned South Korea to play for Samurai Blue. Perhaps he suffered at Southampton as results of unsettled karuma (karma)?

He abandoned South Korea despite his family's patriotism because he suffered racist abuse when he played for the U21 side. Apparently he went to a lot of trouble to secure the Korean passport in the first place so he must have been a bit ****ed off with his treatment. If anyone's honour should be questioned, I don't think it should be Tadanari's.

He abandoned South Korea despite his family's patriotism because he suffered racist abuse when he played for the U21 side. Apparently he went to a lot of trouble to secure the Korean passport in the first place so he must have been a bit ****ed off with his treatment. If anyone's honour should be questioned, I don't think it should be Tadanari's.

I think, with upmosts respects, that I know a little more than you. I do not (to my knowledge) identify this.

I reject this slur.

Disrespect and (ironically) lacking honour.

Matty all the way. That throw in the first minute, did not harm the result or harm Saints (I think he saved us enough). Yes bit silly, but a fantastic player and servant to the club.

Love the bloke but couldn't placing a bet on a game and then trying to fix that result be considered errrrrrr ................not a very honourable thing to do?

What he did for our club massively outweighs that.