Crystal Palace Build Up Thread

St Chalet

After the unmitigated success of 3-5-2 it will be interesting to see what Koeman does. Personally I think he'd have tried it again but for the Fonte suspension, maybe it will be brought out against Chelsea on the 28th but think we will see our normal 4-3-3

Forster

Clyne

Alderweireld

Yoshida

Bertrand

Wanyama

Schneiderlin

Davis

Long

Pelle

Tadic

Bench = Davis, Targett, Gardos, Reed, JWP, Isgrove, Mane

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-stars-are-granted-their-wish-as-pitch-will-be-relaid-9932967.html

Crystal Palace have finally decided to act on warnings from their players about the state of the pitch at Selhurst Park by announcing they will relay the turf.

Joe Ledley was the latest Palace star to moan about the poor condition of the playing surface following a similar complaint from James McArthur, while manager Neil Warnock has admitted that work on the pitch “can’t come soon enough for the players”.

The turf was left badly cut up after last weekend’s game with Stoke and the club revealed today that ground work will take place after their Boxing Day clash with Southampton.

“It is like treading on sand at the moment,” said Warnock.

Great...

After the unmitigated success of 3-5-2 it will be interesting to see what Koeman does. Personally I think he'd have tried it again but for the Fonte suspension, maybe it will be brought out against Chelsea on the 28th but think we will see our normal 4-3-3

Forster

Clyne

Alderweireld

Yoshida

Bertrand

Wanyama

Schneiderlin

Davis

Long

Pelle

Tadic

Bench = Davis, Targett, Gardos, Reed, JWP, Isgrove, Mane

Ah no, JWP instead of Tadic for me.

Forster

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Reed Schneiderlin Davis

JWP Pelle Long

doh, José is on 5 yellows, it will be Maya and Toby.

Wouldn't mind seeing that midfield though.

NB don't think we've ever had so many pre-January 5 card suspensions, José is the 4th with Clyne and Mané still having 2 games to get there.

Edited by Window Cleaner

With Fonte out the back 4 pick themselves. With Morgan and Big Vic back I'd keep Reed in, and rest Davis for the Chelski match, especially as he has just come back from injury. Worried a full match for Long and Pelle would leave both knackered for Chelski: it would be nice to be able to pull one or both off after about 60 minutes.

Win this and we could be back to 4th.

Schneiderlin and Wanyama back in and Tadic most likely. Would like to see two forwards playing again but he might go back to our usual formation. Bit of a blow Fonte missing (am I right?) but Yoshida is good enough to play with Toby.

No easy game this. Palace are a difficult team away from home but we are more than good enough for a win and clean sheet.

1-0 win for me. COYR!

Happy Christmas SWF's!!

This will be the second time I'm going to palace this season (happened to go with a friend to Palace v Sunderland earlier in the year (free ticket)).

Good atmosphere there, hoping for another boxing day win in the same style as what happened last year at Cardiff

This will be the second time I'm going to palace this season (happened to go with a friend to Palace v Sunderland earlier in the year (free ticket)).

Good atmosphere there, hoping for another boxing day win in the same style as what happened last year at Cardiff

Take that all day, we took Cardiff to pieces first 20 minutes last year , a very un-Saints-like boxing day performance. Mind you I did see us win at Palace on Boxing Day a few years back, 1-0 with a rare Matt Oakley goal, and a very good one too.

Our games against Palace have sort of summed up where we've been over the last 5 or 6 years.

Remember a listless 4-1 defeat on the opening day one year and a 3-0 defeat with the youngsters in 2008-9.

Then a dominant double 2-0 in the championship promotion season and then a Lallana/Lambert/Rodriguez inspired double last year

The echo say that Gardos is available after serving his 1 match suspension for the red card against Sheff Utd? I thought it was 3 game ban, no?

Anyway, if true, could keep the back 3 and "go again"

Forster

Gardos Alderweireld Yoshida

Clyne JWP Wanyama Schneiderlin Bertrand

Pellé Long

Edited by itchen_dan

The echo say that Gardos is available after serving his 1 match suspension for the red card against Sheff Utd? I thought it was 3 game ban, no?

Forster

Fonte Alderweireld Gardos

Pellé Long

Fonte is banned

Forster

Gardos Alderweireld Yoshida

Pellé Long

You would put JWP in before Davis? Please explain that one.

I was toying with the idea myself, I don't particularly want Gardos staying in but the reason I went with it is because I think Koeman may keep Long and Pellè as a duo. Of course he could just return to the 3 and play Long on the wing.

which what I think he will do

Palace struggle to score. we need to get back to winning ways (games on the bounce) and get better players in our team

I think that will mean Tadic/Long/Pelle as a front 3 with 3 of Vic/Morgan/davis in the middle of the park

Gardos has finished his one match suspension and is available on Boxing Day.

2 yellow cards - 1 match

Denying obvious goal scoring opportunity - 1 match

Offensive/insulting/abusive language - 2 matches

Serious foul play/violent conduct - 3 matches

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

Edited by Matthew Le God