Eljero Elia - Confirmed 6 Month Loan

Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/23474825/__Koeman_haalt_Elia_naar_Engeland__.html&prev=search

Google translate version of the source.

A player whose career stalled after a move to Juventus that was a bit of a disaster. Well worth a punt at 3m euros though since RK will be familiar with him and it is an area where we need extra depth.

From Dutch journo Elko Born:

@Elko_B: Koeman wants former Holland international Eljero Elia. According to De Telegraaf, the 27 year old winger is worth about €3 million.

@Elko_B: Elia looked amazing at FC Twente. Then he made a series of poor career choices. Going to Juve as a young winger wasn't wise, for starters

@Elko_B: But Koeman is the type of manager to get the best out of players who have struggled to fullfil their potential. Could be a great move.

He does not appear to fit the profile of player that we should be recruiting. He looks like trouble and a potential disruptive influence. I can only guess that if we do sign him RK thinks he can manage him and there are conditions surrounding his behaviour.

Edited by St_Tel49
addition

Dutch TV has just confirmed that he's joining on loan, so no permanent transfer yet.

I think it's a punt worth taking. He is a bit of a retard (in his actions but also in his intelligence) of the pitch but can be effective on it. He was played out of position at Bremen who played him as a striker most of the time but this guy is a typical winger in a 4-3-3 system that Koeman plays.

If I were you. I would only be a bit worried that Tadic will now be played more often on the right. I don't think he is as effective there and Elia is only of any use on the left wing.

The real issue is that this player may be too full of his own self importance to fit into a team ethos like ours. Osvaldo was clearly a misfit whereas as Graziano Pelle is very clearly fully integrated into being part of Saints them and vision. I get the feeling that Mane can't change enough from being me-Mane to be successful in the team by becoming not only a skilled winger but also aa anonymous team grafter when the circumstances require it. Belle as an example gives very impression that he owns the team, just like Jose & Maya an these are the players we should buy not prima donna misfits who dazzle only when the mood takes them.

Dutch TV has just confirmed that he's joining on loan, so no permanent transfer yet.

I think it's a punt worth taking. He is a bit of a retard (in his actions but also in his intelligence) of the pitch but can be effective on it. He was played out of position at Bremen who played him as a striker most of the time but this guy is a typical winger in a 4-3-3 system that Koeman plays.

If I were you. I would only be a bit worried that Tadic will now be played more often on the right. I don't think he is as effective there and Elia is only of any use on the left wing.

Thanks for the insight pal. Interesting signing for us. We played 3-5-2 against Everton on Saturday, how would he fit into that system?

Thanks for the insight pal. Interesting signing for us. We played 3-5-2 against Everton on Saturday, how would he fit into that system?

Absolutely not. He played in a 2 striker system at Werder Bremen and that didn't work out well.

He needs the chalk on his shoes to be effective...and no tracking back or defending at all preferably. The left side place in 3-5-2 is also not for him.

Absolutely not. He played in a 2 striker system at Werder Bremen and that didn't work out well.

He needs the chalk on his shoes to be effective...and no tracking back or defending at all preferably. The left side place in 3-5-2 is also not for him.

He sounds exactly what we need, relatively cheap, and ultimately another option off the bench to change things and go at the opposition when needs be. His attitude sounds a bit suspect, but the two Koemans should know enough about his background to make a call on that. Edited by Sour Mash

In theory could he be available for the Arsenal game? Can we have all the paperwork signed and ready, player travelled over in advance etc?

Don't think so, as I think the player has eto be registered by midday the previous day or something, and that's not possible as the deal can't be done until 00:00 on NYD.

Might be wrong though.

Don't think so, as I think the player has eto be registered by midday the previous day or something, and that's not possible as the deal can't be done until 00:00 on NYD.

Might be wrong though.

No, I think you're right, that makes sense. Ipswich game would be a good starting point for new signings anyway.

Actually wondered where this guy had ended up. He came off the bench for one of his first Holland caps against Scotland and absolutely destroyed us down the left - scored within minutes of coming on I'm sure.

Haven't seen him play since but he looked a right good prospect back then - lightning quick.

My opinion is that if he is quick, and got good technical ability, without being a b3llend, he wouldn't be coming to us - thats what makes you a multi millionaire player. (Bale Ronaldo Messi)

Normally a player can be technically good, or pacey, and they'll go to a "lesser" club. His career certainly seems to have stalled in the last few years, however I always used to rate him. I just hope he has more technical ability than Mane.