Half time entertainment - crowd reaction

manina-pub

As an attempt at half-time entertainment it was truly embarrassing. Sponsors trying desperately to get some coverage. The half-time relay is usually a good laugh, but forget the zorbs as well and have kids try to score the goals as well, not young "adults". Otherwise the Albion Band and police display dogs would be a good alternative, preferably at the same time.

As an attempt at half-time entertainment it was truly embarrassing. Sponsors trying desperately to get some coverage. The half-time relay is usually a good laugh, but forget the zorbs as well and have kids try to score the goals as well, not young "adults". Otherwise the Albion Band and police display dogs would be a good alternative, preferably at the same time.

Maybe we could have a brass band relay? Love to see someone carrying a tuba running on a slippery pitch.

They tried to relate it as closely to the sponsor (a Garmin step/calorie counter) as possible. Problem is that a "play your cards right" guessing game about how many steps someone took in a day isn't remotely entertaining. I'd imagine many didn't have a clue want was going on.

A relay race around a slippery pitch with people falling over is what people appear to want at St Mary's.

There was once a judo display at the Dell with volunteers taking on the experts. The important thing was that the experts were girls dressed like cheerleaders, only with bigger busts :)

The people behind me all wanted to have a go.

You sure you didn't dream that?

It's going to be ****e no matter what it is. So may as well have the kids have a bit of fun.

This...I'd be happy with just the big screens showing the half times on Sky. On another note our pre-match offering does nothing to pump up the atmosphere either.

Edited by Katalinic

Relay, no zorbs please especially after last time when one of the staff saw fit to interfere and adjust one of the zorbs, hence the boos.

think it could be just as entertaining with middle aged guys running as the kids, see how many can actually run and shoot as well as the kids

Does anyone remember a band playing? I think it was the first live sky game v Man Utd in 1992. I think it was Crowded House or Wet Wet Wet or some other drivel. Whoever it was looked at bit miffed at the poor reception they got from the crowd. Sky didn't stick with that experiment for too long. They also had fireworks at the end which went down like a lead balloon when we'd just lost 1-0.

Does anyone remember a band playing? I think it was the first live sky game v Man Utd in 1992. I think it was Crowded House or Wet Wet Wet or some other drivel. Whoever it was looked at bit miffed at the poor reception they got from the crowd. Sky didn't stick with that experiment for too long. They also had fireworks at the end which went down like a lead balloon when we'd just lost 1-0.

think it was Curiosity Killed the Cat.

There's one for the younger readers!

Yep, what we need are some borderline legal age girls dancing around on the pitch without many clothes on so a bunch of 40 year old sexually deprived perverts can drool burger juice down the Saints shirts they are wearing over their hoodies.

Glad i'm not the only one made uncomfortable by the idea.

A couple of seasons ago at Salisbury City (to be called Salisbury FC from next season!) they had a parachutist landing on the pitch. Only trouble was he had missed his intended landing strip at Old Sarum and the game was still in progress!! Seem to remember something similar at the Dell years ago when they were supposed to land on the pitch at half time or before the match (cant remember) and one ended up missing the stadium by quite some distance!

Yep, what we need are some borderline legal age girls dancing around on the pitch without many clothes on so a bunch of 40 year old sexually deprived perverts can drool burger juice down the Saints shirts they are wearing over their hoodies.

Who is talking about borderline legal age girls? That's disgusting. We need real women like the Dallas Cowboys have.

dal6.jpg