What is wrong with America

Red Alert

So no cod in Canada since 1992 according to you............Total BS

The seal hunt ended in 2009...............Total BS

Guess what I am having for supper tonite.............cod ..........you really need to be a Canadian and not an 'over homer'

You don't read very well. Or maybe it's poor reasoning skills. I did not say there has been no cod since 1992; I said the government imposed a moratorium on the fishery that year. And I did not say that the seal hunt ended in 2009; I said that the EU imposed a ban on seal products that year. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't make things up.

Edited by Hamilton Saint

I think you need to have a lie down. Didn't someone mention that they knew you in the 60s? So you're, well, old as f*ck? You come across as a semi-literate and angry-at-the-world teenager.

Old as f*ck !!!........maybe but know more about life than you will ever do ....

semi-literate...... why because I use the spelling and phrases that the vast majority of the English speaking world uses.....

about time you ...........

Who are these few UK police officers who have been "getting shot and dying" recently? In my country those "good cop shootings" occurrences are rare so those incidents get high levels of coverage. If I've missed these recent few can you let me know and provide links?

And why would any one be "OK " with that?

The only person on this thread who has been "OK " with any gun death is you, especially for the punishable by death crime of not staying in a car.

#1 - you knew I meant the USA...........so you scored zero points with that one

#2 - show me where I was OK with it.......all I said was stay in your car ..............

#3 - your poor attempts at trying to twist my words are....... f*cking **** poor .............. you have such a high opinion of yourself that if you're not careful you will disappear up your own ass. Bet you stock the shelfs at the local supermarket :)

You don't read very well. Or maybe it's poor reasoning skills. I did not say there has been no cod since 1992; I said the government imposed a moratorium on the fishery that year. And I did not say that the seal hunt ended in 2009; I said that the EU imposed a ban on seal products that year. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't make things up.

Hammy you need to qualify what you say not imply something that is not true.........

Hammy you need to qualify what you say not imply something that is not true.........

Jeez, you can't think straight! The two simple and incontrovertible facts I cited need no qualification. I have not implied "something that is not true". Again, I did not say, and did not imply, that there are no cod in Canada. I said that the cod fishery was closed in 1992. I did not say, and did not imply, that the seal hunt ended in 2009. I said that the EU banned seal products in 2009. I made no implications. I simply stated the facts. You, on the other hand, have made incorrect assumptions about what I have said. Try to think it through now.

[/b]#1 - you knew I meant the USA...........so you scored zero points with that one

#2 - show me where I was OK with it.......all I said was stay in your car ..............

#3 - your poor attempts at trying to twist my words are....... f*cking **** poor .............. you have such a high opinion of yourself that if you're not careful you will disappear up your own ass. Bet you stock the shelfs at the local supermarket :)

Actually I didn't know you meant US cops being shot. So if you did, your assumption that people on this thread would be "OK" with that is even more ridiculous.

No one on this thread is "OK" with police officers being shot. That'll be you twisting things not anyone else.

I'll repeat - the only person expressing being OK with people being shot dead is you, especially someone shot in the back multiple times for getting out of a car. And stay in your car or "expect what happens to you" is what you said, ie expect to be shot in the back multiple times. You have never, ever managed to say what that officer did was in any way wrong. Don't twist yourself out of it.

And it's "shelves" not "shelfs".

Edited by CB Fry

Actually I didn't know you meant US cops being shot. So if you did, your assumption that people on this thread would be "OK" with that is even more ridiculous.

No one on this thread is "OK" with police officers being shot. That'll be you twisting things not anyone else.

I'll repeat - the only person expressing being OK with people being shot dead is you, especially someone shot in the back multiple times for getting out of a car. And stay in your car or "expect what happens to you" is what you said, ie expect to be shot in the back multiple times. You have never, ever managed to say what that officer did was in any way wrong. Don't twist yourself out of it.

I think you're being a little bit ambitious there. Trying to explain to him that 'guns are bad' is proving neigh on impossible, I would leave the shelves well out of the equation, honestly.

Sorry you are correct about the spelling..............so you are a shelf stocker at a supermarket ..........how many shelves did you do today :)

and as for not obeying a police officer then running away .........well IN MY OPINION if you do that you take your chances......

Jeez, you can't think straight! The two simple and incontrovertible facts I cited need no qualification. I have not implied "something that is not true". Again, I did not say, and did not imply, that there are no cod in Canada. I said that the cod fishery was closed in 1992. I did not say, and did not imply, that the seal hunt ended in 2009. I said that the EU banned seal products in 2009. I made no implications. I simply stated the facts. You, on the other hand, have made incorrect assumptions about what I have said. Try to think it through now.

But they are not incontrovertible facts are they.............just the opinions of the David Suzuki crowd

Sorry you are correct about the spelling..............so you are a shelf stocker at a supermarket ..........how many shelves did you do today :)

and as for not obeying a police officer then running away .........well IN MY OPINION if you do that you take your chances......

Shooting an unarmed person in the back 8 times is murder. That's a fact. I can't believe you condone that.

Sarnia is so American now, he beeps when he walks backwards.

Sarnia is not for gun rights, he just can't see any gun wrongs.

Sarnia is so biased to the right that he walks around in circles and creates his own weather pattern.

Thankfully for you guys, I'm not here all night. ;)

Don't worry Ohio, we know not all inhabitants of your fair lands are completely bat****, although I must admit I've never come across anyone quite as ..... something or other .... as Sarnia. Are the Canadian authorities aware? Does he still have a gun licence?

I like the fact you accuse me of twisting things when basically you're the Chubby Checker of sports forums.

[/b]

And here, for possibly for the seventeenth time, is you being OK with someone being shot in the back multiple times for daring to leave a car.

Twisting time is here.

Edited by CB Fry

But they are not incontrovertible facts are they.............just the opinions of the David Suzuki crowd

I refuse to believe anyone is that dim, it must be lame trolling. Its a fact because it happened. If you cant remember then you can check google where a hundred different sources will tell you. Is the OECD good enough as one example and the EU good enough for the seal products?

http://www.oecdobserver.org/news/fullstory.php/aid/3526/Fisheries:_The_lessons_of_the_Grand_Banks.html

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/biodiversity/animal_welfare/seals/seal_hunting.htm

I refuse to believe anyone is that dim, it must be lame trolling. Its a fact because it happened. If you cant remember then you can check google where a hundred different sources will tell you. Is the OECD good enough as one example and the EU good enough for the seal products?

http://www.oecdobserver.org/news/fullstory.php/aid/3526/Fisheries:_The_lessons_of_the_Grand_Banks.html

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/biodiversity/animal_welfare/seals/seal_hunting.htm

There we go again, using facts to contradict old sandwich.

Shooting an unarmed person in the back 8 times is murder. That's a fact. I can't believe you condone that.

No where have I ever said I condone it OK............you look and all you will see is me saying obey the officer and don't run away............

guess that don't register with the thick as sh*t brits.........have a nice day

Sarnia is so American now, he beeps when he walks backwards.

Sarnia is not for gun rights, he just can't see any gun wrongs.

Sarnia is so biased to the right that he walks around in circles and creates his own weather pattern.

Thankfully for you guys, I'm not here all night. ;)

Nice effort but only rates 1/10 ......still an FB eh???

I like the fact you accuse me of twisting things when basically you're the Chubby Checker of sports forums.

And here, for possibly for the seventeenth time, is you being OK with someone being shot in the back multiple times for daring to leave a car.

Twisting time is here.

Hey I like this reply.............shows me that although you don't know what your talking about..............

So tell me ..........if you were told to stop by a police officer then ran away......would you run??......

I await your answer

How many shelves did you stock at the supermarket today :)

Once again they are not facts just erroneous conclusions.............but pleased we got the Euros off our patch :lol:

I'm OK, I use a full protective NBC suit when processing data for this thread; and underneath it I've got a Kevlar vest, just in case you think I'm going to run away.

I know you wont runaway.............WTF is a NBC suit ...............NBC = National Broadcasting Corporation ........or is it just another stupid brit thing that the real world don't know about.......:)

Or should that be 'nucular'? ;)

Neither - just concentrate on biological and/or chemical agents and even the filthiest lounge suite should clean up nicely. Current thinking in the dry cleaning industry is that 1950's style thermonuclear dirt removal is no longer safe, necessary or indeed cost-effective.

It's actually a 'real world' thing that stupid Canadians don't seem to know about.

Wow get you :lol:.....so tell me what is the 'real world' that you brits live in........small time over crowded island that's what the place is................but hey we may be stupid in Canada but a lot of space to be stupid........in a way I feel sorry for you .......but you get what you deserve OK

Waco police said the shooting happened shortly after midday when rival gangs got into a fight, apparently over parking space

"This is probably one of the most gruesome crime scenes I've ever seen in my 34 years of law enforcement,''

It probably was one of them.

"This is probably one of the most gruesome crime scenes I've ever seen in my 34 years of law enforcement,''

It probably was one of them.

WTF .............you mean the cops ???.............

You are typical of the half brain know nothing brit sh*t that replies ..........

You are a typical half brain who lacks the ability to link 2 posts together to form a cohesive train of thought.

'kin 'ell.... I don't mean the specifics. I mean a culture and set of laws that make this kind of thing a regular inevitability. Are you this angry all of the time?

I'm just glad I live in a place where a brawl is unlikely to result in much more than a broken nose, rather than being shot dead on the pavement.

Hey .........I love it and bet you would just love to leave the UK and get away from all the know nothings that live there :)

If I was ever to leave Blighty, continental North America would be the last place on my list of options.

You are a typical half brain who lacks the ability to link 2 posts together to form a cohesive train of thought.

Oh sorry ...........was replying to one post not 2 .............