What is wrong with America

Red Alert

Well, generally speaking. The monarch and her representatives follow a neutral position in the politics of the day, but there is a theoretical opportunity to interfere in certain situations.

Check out what happened in Australia in 1975 - the Governor General, Sir John Kerr, dismissed the government of Gough Whitlam and installed Malcolm Fraser as the new P.M. This was referred to as "The Dismissal".

The same thing could quite easily have occurred in Canada in 2008, if Governor-General Michaelle Jean had denied the controversial request for prorogation. She agreed to Harper's desperate ploy because she feared a "dreadful crisis" if she had refused.

Argh you beat me to it! Every Australian when you bring up the subject of governors uses this example. She has no "real" power here either you know. That's kinda why our politicians are so crooked today. In the old days they were there to temper the power of the monarch. Now she has no power and they have it all.

Well, generally speaking. The monarch and her representatives follow a neutral position in the politics of the day, but there is a theoretical opportunity to interfere in certain situations.

Check out what happened in Australia in 1975 - the Governor General, Sir John Kerr, dismissed the government of Gough Whitlam and installed Malcolm Fraser as the new P.M. This was referred to as "The Dismissal".

The same thing could quite easily have occurred in Canada in 2008, if Governor-General Michaelle Jean had denied the controversial request for prorogation. She agreed to Harper's desperate ploy because she feared a "dreadful crisis" if she had refused.

The "dreadful crisis" would have been the exit of the british monarchy from Canada........which in my opinion would be a good thing.

I just cannot get my head around Sarnia, don't know what his deal is.

If he's just a troll then I guess he should be applauded for getting so many bites I guess, I've yet to work out whether he's American or Canadian yet, he lives in Canada but posts as if he's a Fox News watching god-loving, gun-toting American, or is this just his troll persona?

Is he really just an innocent teenager that gets a kick out of winding up a bunch of elder mongboard enthusiasts?

He (or possibly his troll persona) remind me quite a lot of Eric Cartman from South Park.

If he's just a troll then I guess he should be applauded for getting so many bites I guess, I've yet to work out whether he's American or Canadian yet, he lives in Canada but posts as if he's a Fox News watching god-loving, gun-toting American, or is this just his troll persona?

Is he really just an innocent teenager that gets a kick out of winding up a bunch of elder mongboard enthusiasts?

He (or possibly his troll persona) remind me quite a lot of Eric Cartman from South Park.

I'm a Canadian........ born in Southampton...........not trolling but just reminding some that they have no clue about the US...........and like I said live 2 miles away........haven't been a teenager for a long time.

So because he disagrees with your opinion, he's a troll? come on; this board would be rubbish if we all sat there and completely agreed with everything.

So because he disagrees with your opinion, he's a troll? come on; this board would be rubbish if we all sat there and completely agreed with everything.

At the very least, he's picking a píss poor strategy to make his point.

He continually claims that no-one knows what they're talking about, but instead of explaining why, his preferred method of debate is finding random knife crime in the UK, as if that matters.

I reckon he's about 14.

I didn't give an opinion for Sarnia to disagree or agree with, the point of my previous post wasn't to call Sarnia a troll, it was merely me thinking out loud attempting to analyse Sarnia's motives and thought processes when applied to this particular Mongboard, "The Man Behind the Keyboard" if you like.

At the very least, he's picking a píss poor strategy to make his point.

He continually claims that no-one knows what they're talking about, but instead of explaining why, his preferred method of debate is finding random knife crime in the UK, as if that matters.

I reckon he's about 14.

OK will explain why..........99.9% of Americans are really good people .....you lot have never lived among them or even interacted with them...........so your views are what you see or read on the UK media or I went to Disney World once type of reactions........know that it ****es you off but you really are clueless.

Spelling OK for a 14 year old??

Just admit you lost the argument LOL :)

OK will explain why..........99.9% of Americans are really good people .....you lot have never lived among them or even interacted with them...........so your views are what you see or read on the UK media or I went to Disney World once type of reactions........know that it ****es you off but you really are clueless.

Definitely the best way to win an argument when presented with facts and statistics around US gun ownership and homicide rate and deaths per thousand etc at the hands of these weapons is to

a) brazenly make up meaningless stats in response ("really good" and guaranteed to to work 99.9% of the time)

b) Post up links of reports about British police stopping someone from commiting a crime with a knife. Just so relevant and bang on the money.

Yep. Well done. You have smashed this. Hands down.

Edited by CB Fry

Definitely the best way to win an argument when presented with facts and statistics around US gun ownership and homicide rate and deaths per thousand etc at the hands of these weapons is to

a) brazenly make up meaningless stats in response ("really good" and guaranteed to to work 99.9% of the time)

b) Post up links of reports about British police stopping someone from commiting a crime with a knife. Just so relevant and bang on the money.

Yep. Well done. You have smashed this. Hands down.

LOL......... You really do have a problem some where inside your pea sized .........

Now I know you are delusional. Asking Pap to admit losing an argument :lol:

Unbelievable. The LAPD have an appalling reputation but this is utterly sickening, in both its inevitable escalation of violence on the part of the police, and its sheer paramilitary lawlessness. I predict, based on recent events, that they'll be cleared in due course by a Grand Jury who will be presented with 'evidence' that they had no choice but to put five bullets at close range into the head and body of a homeless man.

That a Selfie???.....ooooooohhhhh scary LOL

No, it's a cultural reference - Jabba's pet from Return of the Jedi.

It signifies the emergence of someone visible, but not really crucial to the plot. It's a sensible rejoinder to a "me too" comment and/or poster.

Hey Guys keep me informed about the latest shootings.........miss most of them......... such a big place over here.......not some tiny island off europe

Surely such a big place has some sort of redneck forum you could fck off to and talk about pick-up trucks and shiny guns

Hey Guys keep me informed about the latest shootings.........miss most of them......... such a big place over here.......not some tiny island off europe

You still have time to dig out irrelevant stories about people not being stabbed in tiny little old Hampshire, though.

LOL at all the reaction ..............you don't know what really happened any more than I do.......but you have made your minds up already..........if only the cops had knives!!!! LOL

Yep, then they could have stabbed him to death and saved ammo. Doesn't this sort of thing bother you?