Jack Cork Finally Offered New Contract

Andy Durman

Being offered a contract doesn't mean the player will always sign it.

Jay Rod (months ago), Clyne and Toby have all been made offers in semi recent times.

If he is available on a free in 6 months then he may want to see whats available to him.

If I were him, I would be a little peeved that after 4 years of good performances and total professionalism that I hadnt been offered something earlier, especially when Davis was and he had a couple of years left on his.

Jay Rod (months ago), Clyne and Toby have all been made offers in semi recent times.

If he is available on a free in 6 months then he may want to see whats available to him.

If I were him, I would be a little peeved that after 4 years of good performances and total professionalism that I hadnt been offered something earlier, especially when Davis was and he had a couple of years left on his.

The most important thing for him will be the actual terms offered on the contract I should imagine. No hands have been bitten off yet by all accounts.

If he is available on a free in 6 months then he may want to see whats available to

Yep, boot on the other foot now though as Cork can choose from a list of clubs in June who willbe more than happy to get a proven premier league player for free. Reed may regret turning down the £6 million from CP on the last day of the last transfer window. Mind you at that time the club was in absolute turmoil....... Or so we all thought.

I see on SkySports in the Paper Talk section The Sun are claiming Jack is set to leave after turning down the contract offer.

Would like to see some of our players signed up. Has anyone other than Targett signed a new deal since Cortese left? Would prefer not to see another mass exodus in the summer.

Not surprised. He's clearly some way down the pecking order when everyone's fit.

It does seem a bit of a token offer. If you really valued someone as a key plauer you don't wait until they only have a few months left before offering one.

Couldn't blame him for wanting to go somewhere he would start every week and possibly get a pay rise.

Hopefully he will stay though.

Oh yes. It's the big ones I'm worried about like Morgan, vic, Clyne, Toby, Bertrand etc.

Think Bertrand will sign, but agree, it would be a big lift if a player wanted elsewhere was persuaded to sign here.

We have extended Yoshida and Steve Davis as well as Fonte and whilst they are good (Davis excellent tbf) players for us, they aren't the star names.