Southampton FC Third Strip

Kieran1uk

A kit for seemingly one game? Madness. Surprised Saints didn't kick up a bit of a fuss seeing as Sunderland played in similar colours to Saints

Saints and Newcastle both played in their home kits at St Mary's.

Anyway, do we really need multiple threads on this? There's already a kit thread (a 2014/15 one and a 2015/16 one for that matter).

Ah. This would be the correct thread then....

Odd considering red & white V black & white was acceptable at St Mary's. Clearly a decision driven by the TV company

yep. funny how its not fine to have in the return game, after it was ok for St. Mary's AND Sunderland

just wonder why we make a kit that clashes anyway. reminiscent (well not AS bad) of the white kit we never wore 2 seasons back.

I noticed west ham wore a random new kit for the FA cup last week. wondered if they had made the same mistake as us.

Ah. This would be the correct thread then....

Odd considering red & white V black & white was acceptable at St Mary's. Clearly a decision driven by the TV company

yep. funny how its not fine to have in the return game, after it was ok for St. Mary's AND Sunderland

just wonder why we make a kit that clashes anyway. reminiscent (well not AS bad) of the white kit we never wore 2 seasons back.

I noticed west ham wore a random new kit for the FA cup last week. wondered if they had made the same mistake as us.

Except they were at home so kit clash isn't there problem.

I think the reason we're going with this kit is because when we played them at home, with both teams in their home kit, it was 3pm in September. This time it's 5.30pm in winter, in the north of England, so it'll be dark, probably overcast/raining/snowing, with the match being played under floodlights, so the white stripes will stand out a lot more than the red/black ones.

Also possibly something to do with Newcastle losing 4-0 last time, and have complained about the kits and blamed those?