Osvaldo and Ramirez

SarniaSaint

Transfer list for both of them, if nobody is willing to take them then loan them out to at least get the wages off the books and some loan fee's in the bank.

Both were gambles we all knew that when they came in if they had worked out we would have had two fantastic players for comparatively little money sadly it's not worked out Ramirez isn't up to the premier league and Osvaldo is a total basket case.

Scouting team that bought them in?

They were Corteses marquee signings. Remember how Nige was quizzed about Ramirez a few days before he signed and didn't have a clue about the deal?

£30m down the drain for those two plus their wages of £60k a week, a buildling project which went twice over budget, i make that about £70m down the drain and zip all money coming through the doors from sponsors and corporates yet he's still a hero to some, just shut up and sing his name. :lol:

Edited by Turkish

Unfortunate.

Both players certainly have talent but Osvaldo seems to be an utter nutjob and Gaston can't produce on a consistent basis.

Maybe there's a manager out there somewhere who could get the best out of them but I think that we're going to take a financial hit on these two.

Unfortunate.

Both players certainly have talent but Osvaldo seems to be an utter nutjob and Gaston can't produce on a consistent basis.

Maybe there's a manager out there somewhere who could get the best out of them but I think that we're going to take a financial hit on these two.

I still wonder if the purchase of these two was the beginning of the end between NC and KL.

As soon as they are off the wage bill permanently, the better.

Free transfer and pay their wages for 6 months.

Who says they will accept those terms? Both are entitled to the remainder of their contracts should they want them, I can see Ramirez walking away as he is young and will pick up a club in Italy pretty easily but Osvaldo has burnt just about every bridge in football I fully expect him to see out his contract unless we get lucky and someone offers him the same cash elsewhere!

There was yes, it is pretty stupid to think it was all down to just one man, in the same way as its not all down to just RoKo now

I still think Osvaldo would have been in large part down to MP. He must have thought he could manage him, given their productive time together at Espanyol.

Never been hugely convinced Gaston was all down to Cortese, can't imagine there would have been no scouting going on there at all.

I still think Osvaldo would have been in large part down to MP. He must have thought he could manage him, given their productive time together at Espanyol.

Never been hugely convinced Gaston was all down to Cortese, can't imagine there would have been no scouting going on there at all.

Cortese was obsessed with making a marquee signing. At the time we were using an overseas scouting agency, there is nothing unusual in this and they were also used by a few other premier league clubs but they weren't SFC scounts. Obviously he was recomended to us but Cortese chased him and eventually signed him. Alarm bells were ringing for me when Adkins clearly knew nothing about the signing and Ramirez comments were "they pay me so much money". It was evident that this wasn't the work of "a commitee" it was an ego signing from our former CEO and a huge amount of money wasted.

Well, one thing is for certain is that Nige Adkins had nothing to do with it. That much was evident from the interviews he gave at the time.

Well, one thing is for certain is that Nige Adkins had nothing to do with it. That much was evident from the interviews he gave at the time.

Another thing for certain is that nobody in they're right mind would put Adkins soley in charge of a transfer budget.

It was the beginning of the end for the bloke was the Ramirez saga, not like its not happened before though.

Anyone who says it was soley one person or another is just plain wrong Im afraid, though the Ramirez transfer was nowhere as bad as Osvaldo. Ok, Ranirez never really worked out, that happens, kid clearly has talent. But Osvaldo was a massive failure, never looked like he gave a **** and could have really caused damage to morale.

They were Corteses marquee signings. Remember how Nige was quizzed about Ramirez a few days before he signed and didn't have a clue about the deal?

£30m down the drain for those two plus their wages of £60k a week, a buildling project which went twice over budget, i make that about £70m down the drain and zip all money coming through the doors from sponsors and corporates yet he's still a hero to some, just shut up and sing his name. :lol:

Was this before Les rocked up and saved Saints?

**** knows what will happen now, how many years has he got left ? Surely nobody will take him without us paying the majority of his wages

4 year deal wasn't it, so another 2 and half years to go. We won't even be able to give him away.

How does he keep getting decent gigs at these mega European clubs? He's not even that good.

Good agent

Also, every season it seems juve loan a striker through the season or at least the 2nd half of it.

Here they go again. They will have absolutely no intention in paying a transfer free to sign him permanently

You're so right Turkey Boy, Cortese wtf? Imagine if he'd signed players like Rickie Lambert and Jose Fonte, God where would we be now..... Oh, hang on a minute! But they didn't cost so much, luckily nor did Victor or Rodrigues..... Oh, hang on a minute!

:lol: