Saints v Swansea

NickG

I'm hoping the Palace fiasco does not signal an unravelling of our style of play and a decline in performance. The ease with which we were sliced open by fast running forwards was scary to watch as we've been so rock solid up until now. There may be a tendency for the coaches to over-react to that defeat and change things around unnecessarily this week to plug the perceived short-comings of last Saturday but it's a different situation and different team.

For sure Swansea will come at us out of the blocks knowing that we will be in a pensive frame of mind until we settle into our routine. If we go 1-0 down in the first 10 minutes, it is not easy to see how we will score and get back into it especially if they then park the bus.

Really? We've only failed to score at least one goal six times this season (including cup games)

Being a Saints supporter doesn't mean you have to publicly shout you expect Saints to thrash everybody

In the Oxford English dictionary a supporter is defined as "A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team"

In the Oxford English dictionary a supporter is defined as "A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team"

Like I said I guess he wishes success for Saints, he just doesn't predict it. A man who is jilted at the alter several times is highly likely to be cautious waiting for bride nos 8 to pitch up

Being a Saints supporter doesn't mean you have to publicly shout you expect Saints to thrash everybody

Well at least someone has an ounce of common sense. Either that or you're not a hormonal 13 year old internet warrior who has no interest in other people's views (unlike some on here). Anyone would think a prediction of 1-1 was a bad thing...oh how things have changed for the little darlings.

Is it confirmed Yoshida is back for training before the weekend? I know some have said yes I just want to be sure

I suppose there's a reasonable chance he could play .. providing that he's fit and looks OK in training.

RK said in interview that he wasn't happy with Gardos' performance last weekend and consequently took him off at HT.

We should smash them but we won't....it will likely be a 1-1 tense draw and the start of our 2nd blip resulting in a slip down to 7th in the table. The thin squad effect will finally catch us up.

Feeling very optimistic about this game now based on some of your previous predictions:

Newcastle 2 Saints 1.

Actual result: Newcastle 1 Saints 2

Man U 3 Saints 1

Actual result: Man U 0 Saints 1

Saints 1 Arsenal 3

Actual result: Saints 2 Arsenal 0

Saints 0 Newcastle 0

Actual result: Saints 4 Newcastle 0

West Ham 2 Southampton 0

Actual result: West Ham 1 Southampton 3

Bring on the three points I say!

Looking forward to this one - although in the Northam for the first time in years rather than our usual in the Itchen because that's what was left. Two quite depleted squads facing each other, if we are able to have Maya and Sadio on the bench it would be a big help. Cork should have regained a bit of sharpness and hopefully being hooked at HT last week will have given Gardos a kick up the backside.

Be good to be nearer full squad at QPR hopefully but for now, I fancy a nervy 1-0 win on Sunday.

RK doesn't seem to bother taking people off just because they've been booked. Mane springs to mind in those 2-3 games when he was tearing around and throwing himself into challenges, even on a yellow he was left on.

RK doesn't seem to bother taking people off just because they've been booked. Mane springs to mind in those 2-3 games when he was tearing around and throwing himself into challenges, even on a yellow he was left on.

Think it might depend on their position on the pitch. Gardos came straight off after his yellow against Arsenal at our place.

That's funny, I remember watching it thinking it was one of his better games!

I suppose to be fair he was pretty solid with his tackling but I found his distribution to be poor and slow and Arsenal forced him into too many errors. It's getting to know the pace of the prem I suppose.

Who is out for them? I know Sigurdsson is suspended.

Ashley Williams may be out which is good for us as he's probably their best defender and in midfield they've lost Sigurdsson, Ki Sung Yeung and Routledge who are 3 first teamers. So looks like 4 first team players could be out but we're without Toby, Morgan, Vic, Long, Rodriguez and maybe Mane so I think we're worse off.

So looks like 4 first team players could be out but we're without Toby, Morgan, Vic, Long, Rodriguez and maybe Mane so I think we're worse off.

Let Tiss is at Staplewood today and tweeted a pic of Sadio, albeit leaning on an inflatable defender, it appeared he was part of training so could feature to some degree.

Ashley Williams may be out which is good for us as he's probably their best defender and in midfield they've lost Sigurdsson, Ki Sung Yeung and Routledge who are 3 first teamers. So looks like 4 first team players could be out but we're without Toby, Morgan, Vic, Long, Rodriguez and maybe Mane so I think we're worse off.
Cheers, I still read that as pretty good news overall, key players for them.

I would say the opposite is true. You are not a true Saints fan unless you have a deeply ingrained pessimistic streak brought about by years of watching the side f*ck things up. I blame that season under Nicholl when we were top after three games - then went 18 without a win.

For example, before the Sunderland home game me and my 5 mates - all season ticket holders, decided with a fairly high degree of certainty that the game would be tight and we would probably draw 0-0.

Not forgetting that they've sold Bony as well.