Saints v Swansea

NickG

Think it might depend on their position on the pitch. Gardos came straight off after his yellow against Arsenal at our place.

Which coincided with Arsenal having a strike force of about 5 nippy midgets. You could see why the "tall good at heading but unable to pass" bloke was replaced by the "decent enough at passing bloke who's relatively weak in the air".

Time to predict a line up!

Forster

Clyne Fonte Gardos Bertrand

Reed Davis JWP

Tadic Pelle Elia

Bench:

Davis, Yoshida, Targett, Gape, Isgrove, Seager, Mane.

I reckon 1-0 win :)

but we might not be fully deserving of it!

Edited by nta786

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 5-3-2. RK has favoured this formation when we have been without Schneiderlin and Wanyama.

Forster

Clyne

Yoshida

Fonte

Gardos

Bertrand

Reed

JWP

Davis

Elia

Pelle

Subs: Davis, McCarthy, Targett, Gape, Tadic, Mane, Seagar

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 5-3-2. RK has favoured this formation when we have been without Schneiderlin and Wanyama.

Forster

Clyne

Yoshida

Fonte

Gardos

Bertrand

Reed

JWP

Davis

Elia

Pelle

Yeah I wouldn't mind that at all, control the game, with options to come off the bench and change things up if needs be.

Mane to start surely?? He was incredible before his injury and I can see him on the right and Elia on the left feeding off of Pelle being bloody scary for Swansea. Or maybe Mane in the middle with Pelle and Tadic on the right.

How does this look:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Davis JWP

Tadic Elia

Pelle

Mane

I get the impression Ron doesn't rate Gardos too highly and given who we're playing I fully expect Yoshida to start.

Swansea are beatable in so many ways I certainly wouldnt be betting on them, even at odds of 5-1

Agree...but I thought the same about Palarse last week

Win tomorrow, alongside a few decent results for us in today's games, and a we are a small step closer to the miracle of a CL spot

Forster

Clyne

Yoshida

Fonte

Gardos

Bertrand

Reed

JWP

Davis

Elia

Pelle

I think it will show Koeman's real genius by getting Davis to be in two places at once.

The season so far hasn't shown you that already?

yes. but now we are serious contenders for the top 4. where as before koeman sort of laughed it off.

cant remember a weekend where everyone else won (im sure there was and it will be pointed out to me and will be slagged off)

yes. but now we are serious contenders for the top 4. where as before koeman sort of laughed it off.

cant remember a weekend where everyone else won (im sure there was and it will be pointed out to me and will be slagged off)

Two weeks ago? Can't be that unusual for the top of the table really.

With everyone else winning. Be good to see what we are made of tomorrow

Agreed. It's pretty important we win tomorrow, everyone is closing down on us!

Liverpool- grinding out victories now and with Sturridge back they will only get better.

Spurs- as much as I hate to say it, they are getting results and Kane/Eriksen have been great this season

Arsenal- well they're Arsenal, they'll creep into fourth, they too are slowly gaining players back from injury (Ozil, Walcott).

United- again, a bit like spurs, they're getting the 3 points.

Erm, only the last set of premier league matches - Liverpool, Arsenal, spurs and United all won. I know I'm not a football genius but hope you were drunk when you wrote that.