The Netherlands: How to buy tickets for Southampton-Tottenham Hotspur?

Hi Saint-fans,

My friends and I want to visit the game of the Saints against the Spurs (25 April 2015). I am a FC Twente fan and I want to see Tadic and Elia. Another friend wants to see Pelle and Ronald Koeman, both from Feyenoord.

But there is a slight problem. You can only buy tickets for this category A game, if you have bought tickets for a match before. Sounds reasonable, because loyal fans must have the first opportunity to visit the game. But not so funny for us. :D

So, at several websites, tickets are offered for 150 pound or more. If we do that, there will be no more pub money for us.

Do you know any alternatives for buying tickets at reasonable prices? Are there any trusted websites? Or can you buy tickets just a few minutes before the start of the game at the stadium?

I hope you can give me some good advices!

See you in April (the flight is already booked, so we are coming anyway!!)

Ronald

It's worth bearing in mind that the game could yet be moved. If Spurs get to the quarter-finals of the Europa League, they would be playing on the 23rd, which would mean they wouldn't be forced to play on the 25th.

However, the Southampton Half-Marathon, which takes place on many of the roads near St Mary's, is taking place on Sunday 26th April, so I don't think the game could be moved to the Sunday. It would almost certainly have to be on the Monday night.

In terms of getting tickets for the game, try emailing the ticket office (tickets@saintsfc.co.uk), explaining your situation, and they may be able to help you as an exception.

Hi Steve,

They Europa League is something we have to keep in mind. I think we should wait until it is clear that Tottenham did not reach the 1/4 Final of the Euroleague. The second game is on 19 March 2015.

I have already sent an e-mail to the ticket office. They don't make exceptions. They adviced us to visit a category B or C game because then there will be more tickets available.

Thanks for your advice

Ronald

Underneath the mail I received from the ticket office:

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Tickets for our home match against Tottenham Hotspur will go on sale around three weeks before the date of the game. As you may be aware, tickets for this match will be placed on a restricted sale and therefore you will need to have purchased at least one home match ticket since the 2012/13 season in order to qualify to purchase tickets for this match.

Whilst we understand that you would be travelling a long way to come and watch us play, we are unable to make any exception, due to the high demand in tickets for this match.

I would suggest planning a trip around one of our Category B or C matches, as tickets for these kind of games will go straight on to General Sale and therefore you should not have a problem at all purchasing tickets for the match.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Debbie

Ticket Office Assistant

Southampton FC

T: +44 (0) 845 688 9288

E: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk

Hi Steve,

They Europa League is something we have to keep in mind. I think we should wait until it is clear that Tottenham did not reach the 1/4 Final of the Euroleague. The second game is on 19 March 2015.

I have already sent an e-mail to the ticket office. They don't make exceptions. They adviced us to visit a category B or C game because then there will be more tickets available.

Thanks for your advice

Ronald

Underneath the mail I received from the ticket office:

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Tickets for our home match against Tottenham Hotspur will go on sale around three weeks before the date of the game. As you may be aware, tickets for this match will be placed on a restricted sale and therefore you will need to have purchased at least one home match ticket since the 2012/13 season in order to qualify to purchase tickets for this match.

Whilst we understand that you would be travelling a long way to come and watch us play, we are unable to make any exception, due to the high demand in tickets for this match.

I would suggest planning a trip around one of our Category B or C matches, as tickets for these kind of games will go straight on to General Sale and therefore you should not have a problem at all purchasing tickets for the match.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Debbie

Ticket Office Assistant

Southampton FC

T: +44 (0) 845 688 9288

E: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk

Try the Saints Bar in Hospitality, think its only £70/80, which is a much better deal than paying £150 off a ticketing website.

• 2 months later...