Frog & Frigate - Re-opening

Mattio

I was there the night the pub originally opened when it was, I think, the first pub that the Ringwood Brewery ever opened.

Went every night of the first week. Mate got a bar job for the Friday, which made it much easier to get served and we always stayed on for the lock-ins.

Remember the old W. Indian who they got in to play the piano. Great musician, but turned out to be somewhat dodgy for other reason. IIRC

• 2 weeks later...

Took my son to the first home game of the season and was gutted when we walked passed the old place boarded up. Took a photo on my mobile and proceeded to bore the brains out of him with tales of spit sawdust and singing until you were hoarse.

I had feared it was the sort of place that would never rise again, lost to the mists of time and legend whilst wetherspoons and other chained behemoths forced their globalised , homogenised crap down peoples throats.

I have forgotten some bloody great times in that place.

I'' try and upload the pic via tapatalk if I can

6b55460f5d1a1f490e5ce74879c9acaa.jpg

Not sure why I felt compelled to take a photo of the place that day. Seeing it like that pulled at something deep inside me. Probably pretty pathetic but it was so inextricably linked with a time in my life that was carefree and happy. I loved the Canute as well, whats that now ? a bloody estate agents or something?

Edited by sussexsaint

OHHH YES! I work in Ocean Village and drive past there quite often looking forlornly at the boarded up windows. I started going there 20 years ago and had some of my best nights out there. Was great having to go upstairs to get to the toilet downstairs! Even today Starman came on the radio this morning on Solent and I thought of the Frog and Frigate, twas a premonition. :)