Saints Sign Filip Djuricic on loan from Benfica

Saint-Armstrong

A two-footed striker with a bit of pace about him (for a change) that should be fun. Nice to see him score from the rebounds at 1:01 ....and the last one at 3:50

This could work out well. He'll have company with Dusan. When we were in the Prem. before it often worked well to buy 'em in pairs.

The Norwegians; Lundekvam, Tessem and even Ostenstad. Latvians; Pahars and Bleidilis, (then of course we had Svensson and Svensson) and a whole raft of Swedes afterwards.

Koeman must be having a field day, it's not many managers who get to buy a whole new squad...wonder if we are going to get any more Dutchmen at all?

NOTE: Wikipedia says that Mainz have a loan agreement that suggested they could buy him for 12 million EUROS. a bit more like our price range - if he's any good.

Edited by david in sweden

A two-footed striker with a bit of pace about him (for a change) that should be fun. Nice to see him score from the rebounds at 1:01 ....and the last one at 3:50

This could work out well. He'll have company with Dusan. When we were in the Prem. before it often worked well to buy 'em in pairs.

The Norwegians; Lundekvam, Tessem and even Ostenstad. Latvians; Pahars and Bleidilis, (then of course we had Svensson and Svensson) and a whole raft of Swedes afterwards.

Koeman must be having a field day, it's not many managers who get to buy a whole new squad...wonder if we are going to get any more Dutchmen at all?

NOTE: Wikipedia says that Mainz have a loan agreement that suggested they could buy him for 12 million EUROS. a bit more like our price range - if he's any good.

We've only signed one Dutchman - Eljero Elia.

Mmm....around 2 hours since this story broke on here, but neither Sky or the Beeb have come in with their..... Breaking news and EXCLUSIVE report....... yet. :lol:

......and worst of all, it's not even on the Saints OS yet either. The media team must have gone home early ......

Edited by david in sweden

Lol.

Only on TSW.

We must sign a Striker. We are doomed if we don't sign a Striker.

We don't want to bloat our Squad, we need to loan a striker.

We're loaning a Striker.

"I'm Out" "His Stats aren't very good" "His scoring record isn't good"

FFS what do people want?!

8)

Lol.

Only on TSW.

We're loaning a Striker.

8)

I want World Peas.

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook · 1h 1 hour ago

Am led to believe Djuricic to #saintsfc is unlikely to happen but things do change quickly this time of year....

Saintsweb journalist of the year Alex Crook says it is not true, so we may never know if RK can get him firing again, despite his unimpressive scoring record outside of Holland.

Saintsweb journalist of the year Alex Crook says it is not true, so we may never know if RK can get him firing again, despite his unimpressive scoring record outside of Holland.

Well if this isnt true, hopefully Koeman will pull off another marquee signing. WE were linked with Quintero from Porto earlier this month, that would be amazing!

there we go. the striker we were after

Is he a striker, though? Alot of assumptions and perhaps wishful thinking here. Just because the mongboard has stomped its feet and decreed we need a striker doesnt mean RK thinks we need one. Perhaps RK feels we need some more creativity, a 'proper no.10'.

Certainly, reading up about this fella, he doesn't strike me as an out-an-out striker; by the same token, goals may not necessarily the best way to judge him.

Edited by shurlock

Lol.

Only on TSW.

We're loaning a Striker.

8)

His scoring record may not be very good, but Koeman can get him firing.

FM/FIFA Stats?

FM 2015

CA 137 PA 153

Best stats: Flair 17, vision 17, Technique 17, First Touch 16

Worst stats: Long throw 6, marking 6, Heading 7, Tackling 8, Positioning 8

They do not think he is exceptionally fast with a Pace 11 and Acceleration 13.

They think he is a good shooter with both Composure and Finishing rated at 14.

As always, this is a 100 percent accurate depiction of reality which no one should consider second guessing.

FM 2015

CA 137 PA 153

Best stats: Flair 17, vision 17, Technique 17, First Touch 16

Worst stats: Long throw 6, marking 6, Heading 7, Tackling 8, Positioning 8

They do not think he is exceptionally fast with a Pace 11 and Acceleration 13.

They think he is a good shooter with both Composure and Finishing rated at 14.

As always, this is a 100 percent accurate depiction of reality which no one should consider second guessing.

Thanks, looks awesome think I might sign him for Telford who I've just won the world club cup with for the 8th season in a row.

Thanks, looks awesome think I might sign him for Telford who I've just won the world club cup with for the 8th season in a row.

Means nothing.

If you'd have won the World Club with the non-union Mexican alternative (Telfordo?) your fans might have cared. As it stands, this Midlands New Town powerhouse would probably take you to the nearest courtroom with a view for getting you hanged.

World Club Cup. Europeans don't care about it. Frankly, I'm appalled at having to correct you on this matter.

I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed his relatively poor strike rate. I'm just hoping that the coaching team (led by Ron) may be able to work on his technique and raise this to a suitable level.

In case you hadn't noticed Elia had a terrible scoring rate before he joined but Koeman has turned this around in quick time. His not at all fortunate match winning brace at Newcastle is testament to our manager who, having seen Tim Krul's weakness of dealing with balls hit straight at him, told Elia to drill one directly at the keeper and then aim a shot at a defenders leg so it would deflect just inside the post.

If Ronald can do the same with this new chap then Man City won't have a chance of finishing 2nd.

Lol.

Only on TSW.

We're loaning a Striker.

8)

there we go. the striker we were after
He's not a striker though. And not a back-up/replacement for Pelle, which is what a fair few of us think would be useful.

It is interesting if we do sign him; Iknow a fair few like to be critical of Pelle's finishing, but I don't think its too bad and its been our creativity that has let us down at times, particularly recently, this bloke looks more of a solution to that problem. Cheaper wages than Ramirez, but a similar player?

In case you hadn't noticed Elia had a terrible scoring rate before he joined but Koeman has turned this around in quick time. His not at all fortunate match winning brace at Newcastle is testament to our manager who, having seen Tim Krul's weakness of dealing with balls hit straight at him, told Elia to drill one directly at the keeper and then aim a shot at a defenders leg so it would deflect just inside the post.

If Ronald can do the same with this new chap then Man City won't have a chance of finishing 2nd.

Thanks Catherine, I was beginning to think that I was the only damn poster on this thread to with the intellect to reach this conclusion.