Valentines Day

SO16_Saint

Right.

I'm trying to find a restaurant where there wont be any w@nky set menus or "2 sittings only".

I've tried the Water Margin in North Baddesley and Ranchos in town - both have sitting times and set menus.

I just want somewhere where the Mrs and I can go out for a bit, away from the kids, without being surrounded by spotty 16 year olds trying to get their end away, or being ripped off by the restaurateur for a b0ll0cky Americanised holiday.

Suggestions?

Right.

I'm trying to find a restaurant where there wont be any w@nky set menus or "2 sittings only".

I've tried the Water Margin in North Baddesley and Ranchos in town - both have sitting times and set menus.

I just want somewhere where the Mrs and I can go out for a bit, away from the kids, without being surrounded by spotty 16 year olds trying to get their end away, or being ripped off by the restaurateur for a b0ll0cky Americanised holiday.

Suggestions?

Tell your missus it's a b0ll0cky Americanised holiday and don't do anything.

Tell your missus it's a b0ll0cky Americanised holiday and don't do anything.

The nicest thing an old boyfriend did for me, was run me a hot bath ready for when I got home (candle lit). Brought me a glass of red wine. Then made a most delicious dinner. No cards, no chocolates, no restaurants. Coming from the most unromantic git you could possibly come across, it meant the world! He got lucky that night, that's for sure.

The nicest thing an old boyfriend did for me, was run me a hot bath ready for when I got home (candle lit). Brought me a glass of red wine. Then made a most delicious dinner. No cards, no chocolates, no restaurants. Coming from the most unromantic git you could possibly come across, it meant the world! He got lucky that night, that's for sure.

Just out of interest Glasgow, do you get turned on by pretending to be a woman on the internet?

The nicest thing an old boyfriend did for me, was run me a hot bath ready for when I got home (candle lit).

I can do that! maybe I'll do that! Bath sounds bit trouble tho, plus I'd have to get candles. Think I'll just turn shower on and f*ck off down pub. She will love it! :thumbup:

I can do that! maybe I'll do that! Bath sounds bit trouble tho, plus I'd have to get candles. Think I'll just turn shower on and f*ck off down pub. She will love it! :thumbup:

Can I still get the glass of red wine? If so, it's a deal! Plus gives me a chance to get romantic wth my internet boyfriend while you're down the pub!

He got lucky? What? You cleaned the bath afterwards?

He got lucky? What? You cleaned the bath afterwards?

Ha!

All I'm saying is, don't feel under pressure to do things on Valentine's day that just aren't your thing. It's the thought and consideration that counts, not the grand guestures.

Actually, what am I saying...?! Follow that advice and 2015 may see the biggest divorce rates of the century...

Oh please. Not back on the Louise is really a man trail of thought. That's been done to death on The Muppet Show and Bucks Saint has already disproved it.

Lad.

Can remember agreeing with an ex that we wouldn't do Valentines one year. What that meant to me was we wouldn't do anything, no card , no flowers no pressie, nada. What she really meant was I didn't have to go to the effort of booking a table somewhere fancy, however, not going Valentines still meant a card, flowers, me cooking oh and a small (but expensive) gift.

Turned out that I was right and we didn't do anything that night and she soon became my ex.

I was just sick in my mouth.

An old buddy of mine always used to repeat the refrain "treat 'em mean and keep them keen". While as far as I know, he has always been single, it's not bad advice. People want what they can't have, and what most women actually have is a man that doesn't actually do what they want.

Don't do what they want! It's a recipe for disaster. You'll be broken, friendless and out in the garden cleaning up six months accumulation of Shih-Tzu poo.

The same goes for Valentine's Day. FFS, don't treat is as a yearly thing. Once a decade is more than enough. They don't even complain about the garage-bought flowers at that frequency.

If you DO engage in Valentine's Day as a yearly spectacle, I can't help you. You're already gone.

I'm off out on the ****** for Valentines day for a mates birthday. But as it is Valentines day, I'll be dragging her along.

Old Romantic am I. Mind you a romantic night for her is any night I don't mistakenly take her up the wrong'un.

It's like a male prison on here. We don't really care if it's Glasgow in a wig with makeup. We're just excited to have some femininity around the place :p

No more femininity from me, Jonnyboy. Where did that get me before? Crucified on TMS and left with nothing but hurt feelings.

I'm all about the crude jokes, and burping now. If you want to call me a man, I'll take it as a compliment.

Good, I'm glad were all in agreement that valentines day is w@nky

I've managed to renegotiate the terms of my mums babysitting contract and will be heading to the Chinese next Sat.

Since having the kids (1 & 3) I think I could count on one hand the number of times we've been out, just us, no kids in tow.

Good, I'm glad were all in agreement that valentines day is w@nky

I've managed to renegotiate the terms of my mums babysitting contract and will be heading to the Chinese next Sat.

Since having the kids (1 & 3) I think I could count on one hand the number of times we've been out, just us, no kids in tow.

Important to spend time with the missus alone and remember what made you get together in the first place.

Very difficult to do with kids at that age.

No more femininity from me, Jonnyboy. Where did that get me before? Crucified on TMS and left with nothing but hurt feelings.

I'm all about the crude jokes, and burping now. If you want to call me a man, I'll take it as a compliment.

Awwww you've been muppetised :( I was enjoying the faux naivete...

If only Bridge Too Far hadn't buggered up her legs and could still do the splits, I'd still have a Saints Web fantasy figure.

Important to spend time with the missus alone and remember what made you get together in the first place.

Very difficult to do with kids at that age.

Agreed, make the most of a night where the kids are away so16 (and report back on here how it goes too!)

Agreed, make the most of a night where the kids are away so16 (and report back on here how it goes too!)

Unfortunately, the kids will be at home as the parents refuse to have them over night.

They say that 'they've done their parenting' so its incredible that they will actually sit with them in the first place!!

Regardless, an evening out with the wife is very much appreciated.

To make ends meet, she went back to work when the youngest was 3 months, working evenings 5-9 so we're like ships passing in the night during the week!

It does at least mean I can watch all the football i like during the week :)

To make ends meet, she went back to work when the youngest was 3 months, working evenings 5-9 so we're like ships passing in the night during the week!

Wow, that is full on. Respect to both of you, that can't be easy.

Now I feel bad for filling your thread with my crude jokes :)

Hope you have a LOVELY evening together!

Wow, that is full on. Respect to both of you, that can't be easy.

Now I feel bad for filling your thread with my crude jokes :)

Hope you have a LOVELY evening together!

Ha!! No worries :)

As hard as it is, it's worth it at the weekends and me having time with the kids just me.

And thanks, we will!

Right.

Suggestions?

As you're in SO16, the Jehangir in Winchester Road is one of the best Indians around and not far to go.

Unfortunately, the kids will be at home as the parents refuse to have them over night.

They say that 'they've done their parenting' so its incredible that they will actually sit with them in the first place!!

Regardless, an evening out with the wife is very much appreciated.

It does at least mean I can watch all the football i like during the week :)

Shame. I'm not expecting grandkids for many a moon, but when the day comes, I'll be all over that grandparentin' shít. Babies have never really bothered me. I've had two of my own, been through some difficult issues at times, and know how to handle them. Most of the time, they're a piece of píss, especially if there's good structure there already, such as regular bedtimes and such. They're normally in bed early doors anyway. They generally get more interesting as they get older.

Mostly though, I see the respect my own grandad gets in his role as head of the family, even though he can be a cantankerous old bastard at times. Huge responsibility, even though it gets largely ceremonial as you all get older and your kids rightfully work their own stuff out. I can wait - I'd much prefer that the wave of progeny hits after both the girls have established themselves in this world, but I'd lie if I said I wasn't looking forward to it.

If you want to take your missus out for a over priced meal, in a restaurant full of hen pecked, soppy men taking their needy, attention seeking banshee of a girlfriend/wife out because they feel they have too, not because they want too, you crack right on pal.

If you want to take your missus out for a over priced meal, in a restaurant full of hen pecked, soppy men taking their needy, attention seeking banshee of a girlfriend/wife out because they feel they have too, not because they want too, you crack right on pal.

Mrs Turkish is a lucky lady!

Mrs Turkish is a lucky lady!

She is. She gets taken out all year round and because I want to, not because some marketing people tell me the date we should go out so the can flog us some sh*t or charge double for a meal. We laugh at all the suckers trying to be romantic on the day you're told to be, can no one see the irony on that?

I'm with Turkish, I find all this talk of people actively looking forward to a tete-a-tete evening with their own wife a bit disturbing, if I'm honest. This is not my understanding of the married state, as represented by TV shows, blokes down the pub, and my own parents! I can only assume the husbands of Saintsweb are unusually wet, or - what's the expression? - happily married (sic)

Bucks, I find it really hard to understand how you can end your last sentences without fullstops. You have punctuation in the middle sentences, but never the last. That must take so much self control!! I couldnt do it, makes me go all OCD!

I can never end things full stop. I keep going. Never finish. Marching on. I have an aversion to finality when there is still so much to do. Hope that helps explain my passion for avoiding overuse of mid sentence punctuation

Edited by Bucks Saint

Just to confirm all it takes to get your knickers wet is a hot bath and a glass of red?