James Ward-Prowse Signs New 5 Year Deal

em00jie

True, I knew the tide had turned when we signed Shaw and Lallana to new long term contracts.
And? That means nothing with regards to JWP signing a new deal. Are you going to view every new contract with cynicism in case they still move on? I think you'll find that Lallana and Shaw were the ones who wanted to leave as well.

And? That means nothing with regards to JWP signing a new deal. Are you going to view every new contract with cynicism in case they still move on? I think you'll find that Lallana and Shaw were the ones who wanted to leave as well.

Not with cynicism but with realism. Players signing long term contracts is nothing but positive but Lallana a side, we are yet to prove that we have a strong desire to ensure that our young academy products will be playing 150+ games for us before moving to bigger clubs should the opportunity arise.

In any case, very pleased to see JWP sign up.

Not with cynicism but with realism. Players signing long term contracts is nothing but positive but Lallana a side, we are yet to prove that we have a strong desire to ensure that our young academy products will be playing 150+ games for us before moving to bigger clubs should the opportunity arise.

I think we're on an upward curve now, JWP will hit 150 games and more I believe and I hope to see others do the same if they're good enough. Reed could be another one, maybe Targett? We're in a better place than when we sold Lallana, Shaw and Chambers but also selling them made us stronger. We'll always sell the odd gem, can't be helped as we're not at the same level as Chelsea, Man U or City but I believe some of the new talent coming through will want to stay if we can keep up our ambition in the league.

@Prowsey16: Buzzing to sign a new contract at @SouthamptonFC. We are on a great journey and I'm excited for the coming years(1/2)

@Prowsey16: The club put their faith in me at a young age, I can't wait to pay that faith back to the club and YOU the fans ? #saintsfc #WeMarchOn (2/2)

We're following the lead of the main political parties. Announce good news (JWP) on the same day you try and bury bad news (Cork).

Anyway, as you say, glad to see him stay. Think he's come on significantly this year under Koeman.

good news of course, especially as he was the first of the current Academy crop to be selected when we came back to the Prem. 2012

Already in the England U21 set-up.... and getting a mumbled compliment for Roy Hodgson last year, means he must surely be included in a full England squad fairly soon.

Still a bit young for the task, but has Saints' captain written all over him - after Fonte eventually retires.

Looks like he is known as FEC amongst some of the backroom staff (source: Kitman Forbsey on Twitter).

FEC being of course Future England Captain.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets close to the next squad if he can keep his place in our team until then

He could interview for England. That's about it, right now.

But v.glad we get to see the benefits if he kicks on - unlike some of our other gilded graduates of the Academy. Also sends out a positive signal to the rest.

Edited by shurlock

good news of course, especially as he was the first of the current Academy crop to be selected when we came back to the Prem. 2012

Already in the England U21 set-up.... and getting a mumbled compliment for Roy Hodgson last year, means he must surely be included in a full England squad fairly soon.

Still a bit young for the task, but has Saints' captain written all over him - after Fonte eventually retires.

means the deluded Hodgson will arrange his transfer to a so called big club and/or get tapped up by Shrek